King Arther

Ah, the idiot box, our childhood companion/minder let us speak of your marvellous ways and bask in your shiny technicolour.
Masteroftheweb
Vagabond

Post by Masteroftheweb » Sun Jul 11, 2004 4:56 am

it sucked

the end
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Sun Jul 11, 2004 10:51 am

Having read The Mists Of Avalon, I thought Guinevere should not have been fighting... errm... I only saw the trailer. But yeah. And can't you even spell Arthur right!?
Masteroftheweb
Vagabond

Post by Masteroftheweb » Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:50 am

but if I do that then some people will think it has something to do with the legends of king athur
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Mon Jul 19, 2004 5:16 am

i could tell it wasnt going to be all that good from the trailers. the movie didnt appear to come off right.
Masteroftheweb
Vagabond

Post by Masteroftheweb » Mon Jul 19, 2004 8:04 am

I knew it woudln't be good, and i didn't go in expecting anything... hell the ONLY reason I went in was that I was invited, and a night out is a night out... but FUCK... I left that theator wanting to kill my friend whom suggested we see that load of shit.
Darkside
Enforcer

Post by Darkside » Tue Jul 27, 2004 4:17 am

I seen the trailer when i went to go see Troy. after watching troy, KA didn't look so good. The story for KA seemed kinda lame. ya, we already know this and that bullshit. Troy was nice.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Sat Jul 31, 2004 6:09 pm

I actually saw it just a few minutes ago.

I'm changing my vote.

I was expecting typical authur + wizards + magic swords.
but instead it was more like zero fantasy elements + plus a huge pagan VS christian thing. it was a little more like a history channel thing

I quite liked it.
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Sat Jul 31, 2004 9:42 pm

it was suppose to be the legend ... they still managed to fuck that up. i didnt mind it so thats why i watched it the house
Squirrel
Vagabond

Post by Squirrel » Sat Jul 31, 2004 10:16 pm

you suck more than the movie for spelling Arthur wrong :P
Shane
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Shane » Sat Jul 31, 2004 10:50 pm

you know.., that's the only reason why i looked in this thread. Arthur was spelled wrong. :lol:

dumbass
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Sat Jul 31, 2004 11:02 pm

I really liked the Guinevere was a ruff tribal barabaric warrior chick rather than some over dressed midevil hilton sister.
Squirrel
Vagabond

Post by Squirrel » Sun Aug 01, 2004 4:24 am

Really? i hated the fact that she was. Not once in The Mabingon was there any mention of her fighting.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Sun Aug 01, 2004 4:34 am

movies = window - accuracy.

Guinevere was half naked coverd in grey body paint and tribal markings.
she was fucking badass.
xena on steriods.

and the oneliner with lancelot....classic
Masteroftheweb
Vagabond

Post by Masteroftheweb » Wed Aug 04, 2004 4:55 am

Yuffie wrote:you suck more than the movie for spelling Arthur wrong :P
Shane wrote:you know.., that's the only reason why i looked in this thread. Arthur was spelled wrong. :lol:
dumbass

I did that on purpose...
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Wed Aug 04, 2004 10:49 pm

I really enjoyed it...I don't know what the fuck you're on about.

Alright the fighting was about as good as it got, even despite the repeated use of tactics not seen for another few hundred years, like bands of scottish pikemen to ward away cavalary.

This story was set earlier than your average King Arthur story, cause they're usually set in the dark ages about a few years after the Romans left, whne england need a leader. Most of the brittains looked distinctly scottish to me but that's not suprising as the wall they where at is in the Scotland/england border. This is based of recent historical evidence of an dude named Arthur as a roman solider etc and the place he was fighting in was called Castelvan or Camelot but there are serious counter arguements.

The fighting was cool, although I like the Saxon people as a whole, they managed to villify them enough, so that I could really enjoy them falling over. It looked like a more kitted out LARP event and for once the mass armies didn't look like they where painted into the background *cough*troy*cough*.

If you go to this movie expecting 'First Knight' then you'll be serverely disapointed.

What I like about it, is it brought the other Knights to the forefront, rather than the tired old Lancelot, Arthur, Guinevere love triangle bit. By far my favourite Knight was Tristan, he was such lies, but still so damn pr0 at the same time. His fighting style was samurai, for fuck sake he used a sword that was a modified looking katana and he could shoot a shortbow longer than most people can with a long and all with pin point accuracy, that whole tratior tree scene. If his pet had been a wolf instead of a hawk he'd be my new hero.

I really loved the Full battle armour standing on the hill bit with the banner, it was so damn Knightly, the camera work in that scene was great and I loved the way the smoke was set.

The 8 vs 200 scene just reminded me of the story of charlmagne and his 10 or so paladins wining against and army of 1000. It's filled with a more real story telling, real life is rarely as grand as thoose of myth and high fantasy, this a good romp of a film.

My advice flick off your bullshit dector whenever Ray winston is talking with his 300ad 'cockney East End gansta' bit and ignore any elements of super imposed idea about what the story is 'supposed' to be nad just watch the film.

the movie was great.
Last edited by Mik on Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.