Attack on Titan

Ah, the idiot box, our childhood companion/minder let us speak of your marvellous ways and bask in your shiny technicolour.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Attack on Titan

Post by Mik » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:34 am

It has almost all the things that have pissed me of abotu japanese story telling for the last decade, but I guess I'm a sucker for a good old coming of age story.

But damn it, I just don't care, the music is excellent and think that's what draws you in more than anything, the art style is clean and welldone.

At it's core the premise is utterly stupid, some of the titans look awesome the rest look retarded as fuck, the abnormals especailly are equal parts terrifying and hilarous.

The story effectively doesn't go very far in 25 episodes, nothing is really resolved and we are still no wiser as to whats going on than we were to begin with (thankfully there is a season 2 in bound). But the tragedy of their lives is so utterly compelling I was hooked.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Re: Attack on Titan

Post by kaos » Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:04 pm

I think its gotten a bit more attention than its deserved. and its garnered that attention very fast too.
But I don't care, cause I believe I'd have liked it anyway.

For all the troupes its upheld, I feel like it straight up shattered a major one (at least early on).
It felt like literally any character was fair game to die, at any given moment, and without a dramatic exit.
the character deaths were just so real and unexpected.

its probably the only show that convinced me that the MC was legit dead, even though their were like 10 more episodes in the que.

I have more doubts about this continuing in season 2...
But they already hooked me.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Re: Attack on Titan

Post by Mik » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:06 am

Yeah, I thought he was toast too and I was oddly upset as much as I like the idea of a main character dying, I hate that shit too.

Someone spoilered me cause it's in the manga what happens next, but I'll be interested to see how it plays out, maybe it was a fake spoilerino.