House of Cards

Ah, the idiot box, our childhood companion/minder let us speak of your marvellous ways and bask in your shiny technicolour.
kaos
Noble Warrior

House of Cards

Post by kaos » Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:19 am

This is probably the only way you could get me excited about about american politics.
I'm mid way through season 3.

Inst it originally a British show?
part of me wants to watch that too. but between your funny accents, top hats & monocles, and the ignorance of the workings of your government. Not sure I could get it.

Spotted Dick.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Re: House of Cards

Post by Mik » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:13 am

I never saw the original show it was made back in the 1991 and I don't even remember seeing it on which is surprising considering how few stations we had back in those days (4) but then again as an 8 year old, it wasn't really in my wheelhouse. Apparently it was a novel first and the series' are pretty close to the source materials even across media and water.

I enjoyed the first season, I kinda lost interest mid way through the second, I've only seen like 2 episodes of the new season, I should get round to watching them at some point but I don't really have the drive, I got a little weirded out agreeing with this ideas even though I was disagreeing so heavily with his methodology.

It's good though.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Re: House of Cards

Post by kaos » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:42 am

Mik wrote:I got a little weirded out agreeing with this ideas even though I was disagreeing so heavily with his methodology.

I think that's the key right their.
Watching the show is very uncomfortable.
its like it gets you to agree to murder, even though you know its wrong.

I still haven't seen much of game of thrones, cept maybe the first 2 episodes.
but I feel like House of cards delivers more of what Thrones promises right away.
but again, I only saw like 2 eps of that.