Dr Who

Ah, the idiot box, our childhood companion/minder let us speak of your marvellous ways and bask in your shiny technicolour.
Melana
Distgrunted Hero

Dr Who

Post by Melana » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:02 pm

So I only really got into Dr Who once the reboot started (sorry old dr who was scary....just the music was scary). New season has started and I enjoying it so far, I'm really annoyed about Oswin Oswald.... and i'm not really sure how that is going to translate to Clara Owsin..... but she was cool.

I think my preference goes Matt Smith, Eccelston, Tennant. I liked the angry doctor more than i like the moody doctor I think. Also I never thought i'd take Matt Smith seriously after seeing him in secret Diaries of a call girl but yeah he's good fun.

I also really miss the starting sequence for last season because I miss the logo turning into the spinning tardis. Anywho, discuss.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Re: Dr Who

Post by Mik » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:50 am

I was emotionally damaged by old Who as a child, I don't think I've ever been as afraid of anything in my life, as that episode with the sea monsters grabbing peoples legs and dragging them under, I proper freaked out, they couldn't get me out from behind the sofa, I was terrified.

Totally ruined my 25th birthday, :lol: think I was about 9 or so, but for ages I would get nervous when swimming anywhere, I even looked at the bath with suspicion for a while .

I like the older Who still but the production valves and the acting are a bit hard to digest in this day and age, still it's alright if nothing else is on. I wasn't that much of a fan of it growing up, and I was a bit late on the nu who, I missed Eccelston's whole run. But I caught up with in in a glut a year or two ago, for me it's a toss up between Tennant and Eccelston, I feel like Tennant edges it because the other run was soo short. Smith is growing on me though but I don't like the bow tie mainly and Amy is totes annoying.
Melana
Distgrunted Hero

Re: Dr Who

Post by Melana » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:01 am

I loved the concept of Amelia pond and I still really really like her. What bothers me though is unlike with Rose or the other companions I feel Amy pushed to much on the doctor, which I don't really like because Rory is a top bloke (who has some great lines).

I really really liked Tennant when I watched them but looking back at it I haven't had as much fun as I have with Matt Smith. I like the bow tie, but i think that's because i''m a little hipster.