Emergency. There's an emergency going on.

Ah, the idiot box, our childhood companion/minder let us speak of your marvellous ways and bask in your shiny technicolour.
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Emergency. There's an emergency going on.

Post by Chewi » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:04 pm

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/04/12/red_dwarf/ :shock:

A bit dubious about this. Back to Earth was better than I expected but maybe they should have left it there. I felt it provided some closure. We shall see.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Re: Emergency. There's an emergency going on.

Post by kaos » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:33 pm

I think Ive seen an episode or 3, but it didn't really hook me.
So I figured it was one of those euro things.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:16 pm

The back to Earth special had no heart really, it felt like it was by the numbers.

The way I figure it, they are trying to remember what was funny when they did it like 20 years ago or whatever, rather than this is funny, lets do this. They tried to show some character growth, which I commend, but in this format, a sit-com, nobody really wants character growth. We want Lister to be this immature lay-a-bout tosser who can't play the guitar, Rimmer to be the pedantic twat etc etc. One of the reasons shit like Two and a Half men, the simspon's and other sit-coms of the ilk are popular is the fact that characterisations never change.

I love the series and I would always want more but I don't hold out a lot of hope that it'll be funny.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:31 pm

I'm still holding out for it. I didn't mind the special they did recently. It was good to see them all back at it again!