The Last Samurai

Ah, the idiot box, our childhood companion/minder let us speak of your marvellous ways and bask in your shiny technicolour.
Akrid
Solider

Post by Akrid » Sun Jul 04, 2004 2:37 am

while at walmart buy my various hair care products that cost me pretty much my whole paycheck, I came across a full rack of "The Last Samurai" dvds on it, seeing as how there was a full rack of them left, I was under the impression that the movie was just another flick with Tom Cruise being the only selling point, despite this thought runing in my mind I decided to buy it, I kinda played around on soul calibur before I decided to watch it, but when I eventually did, I was sucked into the deep, rich and intruiging story.

The story is one of the first things you'll notice about this film, you'll also notice a pretty obvious hommage to "Dances With Wolves". All the costuming and props seemed to be amazingly accurate. Once you watch the movie you'll attain a deeper understanding of what a Samurai really is, rather than just a rich dude that'll rip you apart, actually an inspiring movie the be a better person, I highly reccommend seeing this movie, you'll wonder why you'd never thought of it before.
Vandire
Vagabond

Post by Vandire » Sun Jul 04, 2004 2:44 am

bob was cool

and am i the only one who wants to break tom cruise's nose?
Akrid
Solider

Post by Akrid » Sun Jul 04, 2004 3:26 am

yes, props to bob.
Masteroftheweb
Vagabond

Post by Masteroftheweb » Sun Jul 04, 2004 4:21 am

Bob really was the greatest...

It makes me want to cry every time he gets killed

not really... cause his death was so cool
Massacre
Solider

Post by Massacre » Sun Jul 04, 2004 4:49 am

would have been so much better if it lacked Tom Cruise. also if there werent plotholes as far as the eye could see and if it wasnt so politically incorrect but an okay film overall.
Masteroftheweb
Vagabond

Post by Masteroftheweb » Sun Jul 04, 2004 5:07 am

I think Tom Cruise did a DAMN good job with it... I think he deserves a little bit mroe credit as an actor than I originally gave him
Akrid
Solider

Post by Akrid » Sun Jul 04, 2004 5:46 pm

Ujio gives me nightmares.....crazy,crazy guy