Friday the 3th?

Ah, the idiot box, our childhood companion/minder let us speak of your marvellous ways and bask in your shiny technicolour.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:33 pm

Ok whats up with this new movie Friday the 13th that releases next year?

That cant seriously be remaking the original....can they?

and if they are...
Why is Jason cast in it?
Squirrel
Vagabond

Post by Squirrel » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:28 pm

Hollywood is so unoriginal, but where did you hear this from?

Teehee, but ya title is wrong "Friday the 3th" loolz.
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:55 pm

Dunno about that but I didn't even notice the date until just now. Neither did Marna. She was ill this morning and had to skip work and go to the doctor. Apart from that, nothing went wrong!
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:22 pm

I can be fairly superstitious at times.
but Friday 13th, I guess I never understood well enough to be wary of.

whats the deal?

I know i could just look it up...but I wont.
Squirrel
Vagabond

Post by Squirrel » Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:01 am

Chewi wrote:Dunno about that but I didn't even notice the date until just now. Neither did Marna. She was ill this morning and had to skip work and go to the doctor. Apart from that, nothing went wrong!
Ya know, Ed and I never knew it was Friday the 13th until we sat down to watch The Paul O' Grady Show. Even Paul O' Grady didn't knew it was Friday the 13th, and it was the last program (can't believe Richard and Judy is coming back on air). My guess is that nobody really cares, unless you have a phobia of the day, which my aunt has.

I am slightly superstitious. I don't put shoes, or hats, on the table and am very, very careful with mirrors.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:25 am

whats with the shoe hat thing?

I remember a conversation I had with Narren about burning hair.
we're opposite on that one.
but both to avoid bad things.

and while were on it ladies...

whats the white after labor day business?
and why have I never heard of a day when its safe again?
Last edited by kaos on Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:29 am

Never heard of the shoe or hat thing either.
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:46 am

ever since workin at somerfield i dont worry about friday the 13th .... i worry about every friday XD Friday curse i call it. No matter how big the team is and how fast u work. Some thing will alway happen to hold u back. And funny .... not sure if it was coincience but alot more things went wrong than usual. lol

Am not much of a supersutious person ... am more a kamra person lol .... at the mo my karma is very crap but i think i know the reason why lol
Squirrel
Vagabond

Post by Squirrel » Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:31 am

http://fuv.hivolda.no/prosjekt/birteindresovde/shoes.html wrote:Have you ever placed your shoes on the table or on top of your bed? Of course you haven't - they might be dirty! But there is also another reason for not doing it - it means bad luck or, even worse, hanging!

A strange tradition has been throwing an old shoe after a person when they left their home. Believe it or not, but this was a way of wishing them luck. This was also a common thing to do when a bride and groom left their homes to get married. Then, when they had been married one could wish them luck by tying an old boot to the back of their car. The groom could ensure them a happy life together by putting the sole of his shoe on the bride's head. Some people might say this was a way of keeping his wife under control, but that's another story. The man must also remember never to give a pair of shoes to his beloved/ girlfriend - because this symbolises that she might walk away from him some day.

To prepare dead people for their long journey to heaven it is common to put a new pair of shoes on the corpse before he was put in the coffin.

Other 'rules' to remember in connection with shoes: Don't leave shoes crossed on the floor, and don't put shoes on your wrong feet - both mean bad luck for the owner of the shoes. It is challenging fate to walk anywhere with only one shoe on - it could lead to the death of one of your parents! It is, on the other hand, lucky to tie someone's shoe laces up, and you should make a wish while doing so.

Finally - an old shoe superstition says that if a new pair of shoes squeak that is a sign that the owner has not paid for them. Let's hope you don't have squeaking shoes!
It is also bad luck to put hats on beds and tables as well, especially new ones. The reason maybe because hats and shoes are/were so often worn together.

Also superstitions in Britain is very different compared to those in America. Example, the black cat is supposed to be very unlucky in the USA, however it is a sign of good luck here.

http://www.woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk ... itions.htm Heh the salt thing am waaaay to crazy about too.
"kaos" wrote:whats the white after labor day business?
and why have I never heard of a day when its safe again?
Have no clue. Never lived in America, long enough, to know about that.
Last edited by Squirrel on Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.