Spider-man 2

Ah, the idiot box, our childhood companion/minder let us speak of your marvellous ways and bask in your shiny technicolour.
Masteroftheweb
Vagabond

Post by Masteroftheweb » Mon Jul 19, 2004 8:08 am

kaos wrote:I think eddie brock had a small cameo in spider1
All they did was slightly mention him as JJJ was spouting off at someone and said something to the effect of "get brock to get me pictures"

and as for the special effects... that's pretty much the only reason I went to see spider-man 2... it really wasn't all that great, simply as that... but it had lots of eye candy.

that's my opinion at least
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Mon Jul 19, 2004 5:19 pm

youre going to see spider3 anyway tho arent you?
yeah, you know you are.
Masteroftheweb
Vagabond

Post by Masteroftheweb » Mon Jul 19, 2004 7:45 pm

I will if the trailers show more eye candy...

or if it's anyone but the green goblin...

and something tells me... there isn't enough eye candy in the world to make me want to see it if it has the green goblin
berwick upon tweed
Solider

Post by berwick upon tweed » Mon Jul 19, 2004 9:16 pm

Nonsense. EVERYONE wants to see Spider-Man movies. Your friends will make a circle and discuss the film and what will you say? "No, I didn't see it because I didn't like the villain." C'mon!

Concerning the villain, I think Venom could only appear had Spidey used the costume in a previous film.

Who the hell said there will only be three films anyway?

I say put Lizard (Dr. Curt Connors) on Spidey 3, Green Goblin on Spidey 4, Spidey in the black suit versus Kraven on 5 and Venom on 6.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Mon Jul 19, 2004 9:33 pm

after spider1 the cast signed deals to make 2 more movies.

I'd like for the movies to continue myself because theirs still truckloads more of source material they can use.

but theirs 2 issues that have to be be dealt with.

1st. Will they draw up more movie contracts. (we dont know)
2nd. If they do draw up contracts would the cast members agree to sign them.

cuzz if they start swapping actors the movie will be shit.

it was an excellent touch to see wilem defoe back, even if it was for just a minute or two. that little scene made me lust for the next movie
Masteroftheweb
Vagabond

Post by Masteroftheweb » Tue Jul 20, 2004 4:01 am

kaos wrote:2nd. If they do draw up contracts would the cast members agree to sign them.
or will it be like every batman movie we have had... or superman

where everyone changes every movie...
berwick upon tweed
Solider

Post by berwick upon tweed » Tue Jul 20, 2004 9:01 am

Masteroftheweb wrote:or will it be like every batman movie we have had... or superman

where everyone changes every movie...
as far as i remember, there was only one superman. everyone's favourite tetraplegic, cristopher reeve!
Masteroftheweb
Vagabond

Post by Masteroftheweb » Tue Jul 20, 2004 7:18 pm

there are 3 superman movies
berwick upon tweed
Solider

Post by berwick upon tweed » Tue Jul 20, 2004 8:22 pm

of course there are. who said otherwise?

all of them starred by christopher reeve.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Tue Jul 20, 2004 10:35 pm

There was atleast 4 superman films

I wanted to hate this movie, I can remember walking out at the end thinking what a load of cock. And Upon the second viewing .. we will not explain why, I began reviewing why I hated the film.

Direction was great, camera was excellent and the whole movie was pretty slickly put together not once did I think ..fucking hell ..get on with it.

Action scenes where amazing, fighting sideways on the train was exceptionally great touch. The whole movement of Doc. Oc. was amazing he even moved kinda like a octopus at times, all of the action was top notch.

Acting was actually pretty good. Even the smaller roles, like bruce campbell (on a side note 'Sweet jesus he's huge !') were all well acted.

I've pinpointed what I hated so much the first time round, the lines. The lines where fucking horrible. Toby maguire had to stand there looking like a wet fish while MJ spouted off all this redunant stalker type shit cause his lines where so bad he wasn't allowed to talk back, cuase he's a geek, which they really drove home the entire film. I remember the spiderman cartoon, yes he had money worries but he seemed to have no problems with school work.

I think they could have dwelled more on the certain aspects of the film. Like the whole telling Aunt May about how he blames himself, a wonderful no 'it's a feel good action film' cop out on that one was a masterstroke btw.

I began thinking of how I would have doen the film, for one toby maguire wouldn't be spiderman, bar the haircut he just doesn't cut it, excuse the pun. The Film would be a shit load darker, but that's not what spiderman is about, that's Batman-esque, spiderman isn't in constant emotional torment but, he remembers what he's done in the past and how he must never make the same mistakes agian, which he does throughtout this film. I say it again if I could have wrote the dialogue the only lines I would have kept would be 'go get 'em tiger' right at the end.

Is there anyone who doesn't know who Spiderman is after this film ?
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:00 pm

spider-man is Ben Reilly.