Spider-man 2

Ah, the idiot box, our childhood companion/minder let us speak of your marvellous ways and bask in your shiny technicolour.
Masteroftheweb
Vagabond

Post by Masteroftheweb » Fri Jul 02, 2004 6:23 am

Allow me to start off by saying that his post is completely and utterly spoil ridden and you will get pretty much the whole story from this post alone

Ok, now that the formalities are out of the way, allow me to start by saying, spider-man is losing his powers for no apparent reason… then… THEN… before the main fight, he gets them back for yet again… no apparent reason. The movie starts off with peter parker working a pizza delivery job. He gets fired cause he’s always late and all that. So Mary Jane just fucks with his head. Giving him looks, talking nice to him, then shooting him down by saying she’s with someone. This someone is John Jonna Jamison Jr. peter parkers life just sucks… I swear, he never had it that hard in the comics… we theorize that they are taking 40 years of crap that Spider-man is going through, and pushing it all into one movie. So Mary Jane is fucking with his head the whole time, and when she finds out he’s getting married, Harry decides to through a tantrum and bitch slap peter a few times. Note that every time peter is near Harry he asks peter about spider-man or brings up some sorta point about him. So this movie features doctor octopus. His arms are apparently alive in the AI sense… keep this in mind; it will make a point later. So his experiment fails, and his wife gets kills, and some chip that protected him from the arms taking him over fries and now he’s subject to the arm’s will. After spider-man saves Aunt May’s life, she likes him and all that crap. Spider-man decides to throw his costume away and give up. JJ gets the costume because some garbage man brought it to him for a price. Peter tells his aunt what happened when Ben died, she’s all speechless and crap. Note that to the best of my knowledge, peter parker NEVER told Aunt May ANYTHING about the events of that day. So he walks away form some bunk getting his ass kicked and it was kinda pathetic. He saves some kid from a burning building, and he has apparently lost his powers entirely at this point. He finds out that someone was trapped on the 4th floor. And died. So he sees Mary Jane again and tells her he can be there for her, and that he wants to pick up where they left off. She told him that she was getting married and that it wasn’t possible anymore. So Doc Oc is trying to rebuild his machine. He’s got everything done except the trinium that makes a small star for fusion. He goes to Harry who gave it to him the first time. Harry tells Oc to kill spider-man, no wait… bring him to me, and I’ll give you it. And then proceeds to tell him to find peter parker because he knows him. Then as he’s going away he says don’t hurt parker, long after he’s far away mind you. So peter sees his aunt again, who gives this inspirational speech and all that shit. So he decides to be spider-man again. He tests out this mind over matter bullshit trying to will his powers back… and fails… so he meets up with MJ again to let her know he can’t be with her like he wanted to. So MJ tell shim to kiss her, she did this with jr too, I don’t really get it. And JUST as she leans in to kiss him, he gets his powers back again for no reason, just in time to sense the car coming in to crash in on top of him. Doc Oc kidnaps MJ and tells peter to tell Spider-man to meet him at some place. So peter gets the message to spider-man no problem. It was funny because JJJ was talking about his son’s fiancé getting kidnaps and it was all his fault, cause he thought it was the media that spider-man quit. So peter goes to get his costume which is hanging on his wall, and JJJ is all talking about how he was the only good hero and all that, then looks to see the costume gone and finishes his sentence with “a thief, I want to prosecute him” and all that shit… JJJ really was the greatest… they got his character down to a ‘T”. So he goes and fights doc oc, and then saves people on a train that oc had speed up and broke, his mask was taken off because it was catching fire… or something… so now there is a train car full of people that know Spider-man’s identity. So stopping the train leaves him worn out and Oc takes him to Harry. So Harry finds out and all that crap, then oc makes his mini sun again. Then the arms get shorted out for a moment and doctor octavious is back, then peter, and I do mean peter, he removed his mask yet again, repeats what his aunt said and oct wills the arms to do his bidding. Then oc sacrifices himself to save the city yadda yadda, and MJ knows peter is spider-man yadda yadda… then peter says that’s why we can’t be together, my enemies will come after you, to which I responded… “You mean like they have the past 2 movies regardless?”. Then it shows MJ’s wedding, she runs away form it, she’s with peter, and says that without him she can’t survive, to which me and my friend looked to each other and at the exact same time said “literally”: which had everyone around us laughing there ass off. So it ends with Harry talking to his dad… despite the fact that… unlike in the comics… that Harry had not gotten the little bit of exposure to the gas to bring the green goblin back. So yeah… his dad tells him to kill spider-man and he throws the knife he was going to kill spider-man with at the mirror his dad was in and finds the green goblins lair… with that chemical just LAYING about…

Ok… now to the ranting and raving… there is only going to be 3 spider-man movies that I’m aware of… and they are wasting the last one on THE GREEN GOBLIN?! No one gives a fuck about the green goblin, it’s been done… WE WANT VENOM!!! I kept thinking of so many ways they could have hinted to venom, and how it would have been perfect… the sun could have brought the symbiote from another dimension, there could have been something with the trinium, which if I remember correctly was the symbiote origin in the cartoon series anyways. So yeah… I know that they have been merging people… they did it with falisha harting and MJ, MJ never dated flash, never even met him, falisha dated him, and it was falisha that was in love with spider-man, not MJ… soo yeah… my theory is that they merged Venom and Doc Oc, because there is a point where he says something to the effect of “we wont let you ruin our experiment.” The arms where never fucking alive… but they are now…

I refuse to fucking watch the 3rd spider-man unless they somehow include venom in it… a spider-man trilogy just doesn’t seem right without venom. Venom was his arch fucking nemesis… hell... the ONLY reason venom stop trying to KILL spider-man is because spider-man saved Eddie Brock’s wife’s life.
Massacre
Solider

Post by Massacre » Fri Jul 02, 2004 4:27 pm

yes Venom does rock but...i want Carnage more, its the whole psycopathic thing that makes him awesome.
runawaygurl
Not-A-Deserter

Post by runawaygurl » Fri Jul 02, 2004 6:15 pm

Will... did you fail fucking English class in high school??? Not only do your sentances make no sense whatsoever but you can't read into a story line at all can you!?! You reject, the whole point of Spidy loosing his powers is b/c he was having doubts about being spiderman, he didn't want to be spiderman... and if he doesn't WANT it, then his powers are going to disapear... the reason why they "suddenly" came back when MJ was trying to get him to kiss her is b/c he wants to protect her with his life, so of course "spidy sense" was tingling right then, b/c he didn't want her to die!! His powers never really went away, his brain just thought "well if the powers go away then i have no reason to be spiderman anymore"... more or less it was an excuse. MJ getting kidnapped made them kick back in because he knew if he didn't save her WHO THE HELL ELSE WAS GOING TOO!?!?!?! the whole LOVE thing has a lot to do with his powers going wonky and then coming back.

And the whole idea with MJ kissing JJJ, Jr. then kissing peter, is she had her suspicions LIKE EVERYONE ELSE IN THE FUCKING MOVIE (Was it just me or did everyone seem on to him??) and she wanted to see if she kissed peter would it be the same as she kissed spiderman.

I agree with you on them putting a whole hell of alot of shit on Peter in like 2 hours, and changing it so backasswards from the comic, but then again, they have to do something with plot and all that other shit in order to get non-comic people to watch it... and yes I agree with you on getting Jameson down to a T... he was bloody perfect, and I loved the note saying "courtesy of your friendly neighborhood spiderman" ^_^ that was great.

And if they do the next movie on Green Goblin... i'll never watch it. Venom would be sooooooo bloody awesome and who should be in it anyways. Carnage is psychotic and cool and all, but Venom is the one who was his archenemy, so I think he should be next.
Masteroftheweb
Vagabond

Post by Masteroftheweb » Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:19 pm

Art Is Hard wrote:You reject, the whole point of Spidy loosing his powers is b/c he was having doubts about being spiderman, he didn't want to be spiderman... and if he doesn't WANT it, then his powers are going to disapear...
Yes... that makes perfect sense... he willed his powers away...

It’s not that I don't see that as the reason, it's the fact that I fucking refuse to acknowledge that as the reason. Because if it's true... it's the stupidest fucking thing they could have come up with. I know these hero movies don't follow the comics or cartoons entirely... but the only time he ever lost his powers was during the onslaught saga... and I didn't see and sentinels destroying New York City...

And for your information, yes, I did fail English in highschool
WildCard
Not-A-Deserter

Post by WildCard » Fri Jul 02, 2004 11:24 pm

Masteroftheweb wrote:... but the only time he ever lost his powers was during the onslaught saga... and I didn't see and sentinels destroying New York City...

that's where they need to take the x-men movie. also, they shoulda thrown the punisher in the spiderman movie as a crossover like they did so many times in the damn comics.

however, i still want to see those sentinels in at least ONE x-men movie and if they make another there had damn well better be sentinels. i just don't get how hollywood can get away with raping the storylines behind this stuff. how stan lee puts up with it is beyond me and he needs to start laying the smack down on those fuckers on what to do. and as i recall, onslaught ended up turning out to be professor xavier. makes you wonder how they could possibly manage to rape that concept. then need to throw gambit into things too cause it just sucks ass....there's no style without that character.

personally, i think both spiderman movies sucked ass, there's no substance behind any of it with the direction they took the movies. at least the x-men had substance in both movies made so far albeit they fucked them up a bit just like they did with spiderman.
Last edited by WildCard on Fri Jul 02, 2004 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Masteroftheweb
Vagabond

Post by Masteroftheweb » Sat Jul 03, 2004 7:43 pm

he wasn't xavior, he was a merging of magneto and xavior's hatred and irratation with human kind.

and I disagree... the first x-man had no substance... it just flat out sucked ass
berwick upon tweed
Solider

Post by berwick upon tweed » Tue Jul 06, 2004 3:12 am

Spider-Man2? Thumbs up!!!

How dare you insult Peter Parker, Sam Raimi, Green Goblin and whoever else is in line?

The movie is great, thank you. The story was handled carefully, and there is no doubt his powers were failing him due to stress and uncertainty.
I don't feel like writing at this moment, but, Will, I'll be waiting outside!
WildCard
Not-A-Deserter

Post by WildCard » Tue Jul 06, 2004 3:19 am

berwick upon tweed wrote:Spider-Man2? Thumbs up!!!

How dare you insult Peter Parker, Sam Raimi, Green Goblin and whoever else is in line?

The movie is great, thank you. The story was handled carefully, and there is no doubt his powers were failing him due to stress and uncertainty.
I don't feel like writing at this moment, but, Will, I'll be waiting outside!

he doesn't fight, he's got this thing about tripping people and running off like a bitch....however, i'll kill you in his stead if you'd prefer. :D
berwick upon tweed
Solider

Post by berwick upon tweed » Tue Jul 06, 2004 3:27 am

You can try.

*spider sense tingling*
WildCard
Not-A-Deserter

Post by WildCard » Tue Jul 06, 2004 4:18 am

berwick upon tweed wrote:You can try.

*spider sense tingling*

unno, but isn't that nothing more than gaydar? seriously....that's so gay. spider sense? no offense to stan lee but what WAS he thinking?
berwick upon tweed
Solider

Post by berwick upon tweed » Tue Jul 06, 2004 4:37 am

Awww, I like it.
And I like you, you silly homophobe!
berwick upon tweed
Solider

Post by berwick upon tweed » Tue Jul 06, 2004 7:07 am

*when double posting is necessary*

Another comment on the film, Will. Note that this is a post-9/11 movie. (The first one was almost done when the WTC fell.) Let's put a tender moment of "how much NY loves its protector" (the train scene) to raise the morale of the public.

Red, white 'n blue, buddy.
WildCard
Not-A-Deserter

Post by WildCard » Tue Jul 06, 2004 5:12 pm

berwick upon tweed wrote:*when double posting is necessary*
Another comment on the film, Will. Note that this is a post-9/11 movie. (The first one was almost done when the WTC fell.) Let's put a tender moment of "how much NY loves its protector" (the train scene) to raise the morale of the public.

Red, white 'n blue, buddy.

ya know will, he's right on that....patriotism spurns stupidity
Masteroftheweb
Vagabond

Post by Masteroftheweb » Tue Jul 06, 2004 11:48 pm

the REAL questions is why is shit being directed towards me?

in any case, don't get me wrong, I love spider-man, he's my fave super hero... but the movies have just sucked
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Mon Jul 19, 2004 5:12 am

I think eddie brock had a small cameo in spider1
no mention in 2 that im aware of.

I want venom too.
but I'm still interested in seeing how this goblin II thing plays out.

and still its not a definate that spider3 will be goblin based. is probably a good 85% chance that it will. but not definate. harry already didnt want to play the avenger role.
wether the discovery of the goblin lair pushes him to seek revenge or accept why his father died...we simply dont know at this point.

but i really really would like to see a goblin 2.
maskless ofcourse.

i equally want the venom story to play out tho. more for the black spidey custume than venem himself. I'm a little scared that they might go CG heavy on venom and he'll look fake thru the whole movie.
or that the mouth they make will look like foam/rubber crap.

it might be a goof idea to make him mouthless and then do a cg scene were the mouth rips and drools thru the mask.

besides all that....we still had Dr.Conner make a cameo.

they could totally thru us for a loop and make it a Lizard movie.

they either better pull out 2 more movie contracts. or make the last film a 4 hour movie that stars 2 villians.

EDIT: on the loss of powers thing. yeah that was a little weird. but i guess it could be like basket ball. you always seem to fuck up when you start second guessing.
Last edited by kaos on Mon Jul 19, 2004 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.