Anime Central

Ah, the idiot box, our childhood companion/minder let us speak of your marvellous ways and bask in your shiny technicolour.
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:38 pm

I do talk about MythTV a lot but to be fair, I haven't mentioned it much here and I also haven't said a bad word about Media Center. There used to be a lot of hype surrounding MythTV a few years back because it was really the first half-decent application of its kind. Media Center was released a short time later. To date, I don't think anything else has really come close. Even though both of them have been around for a good five years now, most people are still oblivous to them, which is why I tend to talk it up.

I didn't really know much about Media Center until you posted that. Ironically, the skin I use for MythTV is based on the original Media Center and I had no idea until now. I just thought it looked nice. I looked up some comparisons. The general consensus seems to be that they're both very good but while MythTV is a fair bit harder to set up, it's more flexible and has more features. Apparently Media Center can be a bit restrictive. I'm not sure how it's restrictive exactly but I think it's along the lines of "thou shalt not transcode thy recordings in case thy share them on P2P networks." You could have predicted all that really.

What do you need? You need a digital TV card, not an analogue one. DVB-S for satellite or DVB-T for terrestrial. Don't bother with DVB-C for cable, Virgin Media is no good for this stuff. That's about it.

They started showing .hack // Sign in English last night. It seems they're now showing dubbed stuff first and subbed repeats later on so that people can choose. That's cool. I generally prefer dubbed myself.
Last edited by Chewi on Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wulf
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Wulf » Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:05 am

Man, I love wolfs rain ^^
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:08 am

Yeah I'm still watching all my three and it's my favourite among them.
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:41 pm

Wolf's Rain finished last night. They're showing it again from tonight but at 9:30pm instead. I heard you didn't like it all that much, Mik? I thought it was awesome though the ending was a little abrupt. Could have done with one more episode or something.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:07 am

prolly need to watch it again it was a long time ago, I was confused and this caused me some level of disapointment. I am not a fan of the style of ending they used, I find the device very lazy and shows lack of balls.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:02 pm

absolutley horrible ending.

i cant think of a better one tho.
but its not like im really even trying at all either.