UNIBEAM!!

Ah, the idiot box, our childhood companion/minder let us speak of your marvellous ways and bask in your shiny technicolour.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:52 pm

See I kinda liked Punisher, daredevil I stopped paying attention after they started fucking around on a see-saw and just focused on the pretty colours.

I might need to watch hulk again, I was falling asleep throughout and all I remember is these really long panning shots of desert and the very end.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:25 pm

I liked hulk, But I do see why people generally Dont like it.
I think they wanted him to be all super heroic, and he wasnt.

to me that was great.
a hero hulk would have been cheesy in my book.

aside from that Hulk is STILL one of the best examples of CG for film.
Most times I never even realized I was looking an a 3d model or effect.

People put a lot of hype for that behind Gollum in LOTR, but Personally I think Hulk has him solidly beat.

the New Hulk will star Ed Norton trying to cope with containing it.
sounds good to me.

I liked punisher. but I dont think the new punisher is going to be any good at all.

Daredevil was pure shit. which is a shame. Cuzz I have the frank miller version of the origin story on my desk...and its pure gold.
Last edited by kaos on Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bogey
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Bogey » Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:08 am

John Travolta ruined Punisher for me, he was just the most crappy villain and I couldn't take the rest of the film seriously because of it. But then I do really really hate John Travolta, and especially what he represents.

The weird thing about Daredevil is that I enjoyed it at the cinema, even though it's a terrible film. I think it's because I was having a paticularly good day and was just in that much of a good mood. I mean, I could've probably watched Charlie's Angels that day and enjoyed it. But that would be pushing it.

I agree with Johnny about the hulk being a great piece of CG, I know that some people don't see it because he's bright green, which is just generally difficult for a person to conceive as being real.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:31 am

I need to have a good day like that.'
were their birds chirping songs?

whats travolta represent?
Bogey
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Bogey » Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:40 am

First of all he's a scientologist, and that's enough in itself for me to dislike him. Any interview I've seen him in he just came across arrogant to me. A while ago he tried to preach to people about global warming and being environmentally friendly, but the guy has his own fucking private runway which isn't just for small planes, but the big commercial ones. Plus I just don't think he's a good actor anymore, he passed his prime years ago. I wish he'd just retire or atleast die in a plane crash.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:51 am

yeah I think the whole Scientology thing is pretty silly from what I know of it.
theirs a bit of silliness that comes along with any religion, but Scientology is just so over the top.

I also don't know whether to think people actually believe in it, of if they're are in into because it seems like the fashionable Hollywood thing fad to do.

but I guess either way you're dealing with a person who has got some obvious issues.
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:08 am

I don't like him either for pretty much the same reasons. I feel the arrogance too. I haven't seen him in too many things but I think he was perfect for Face/Off.