FF:AC news

Ah, the idiot box, our childhood companion/minder let us speak of your marvellous ways and bask in your shiny technicolour.
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:06 pm

I think I need some time to take it all in and maybe I'll even watch it again fairly soon but... damn that rocked. Especially the Turks. They were fucking excellent. :D It also has to be said that Cloud was really well portrayed. He's a difficult character to pull off but they did it really well. It was very faithful to the game. Some of the other characters felt like a bit of an afterthought but I suppose it would have been a crime not to include them at all.
Masteroftheweb
Vagabond

Post by Masteroftheweb » Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:49 pm

I found out it's something called Last Order, I downloaded it and watched it... now THAT was bad ass... it's an anime on the events that too place before the game, from the burning of neibelem to cloud and zack's escape.

THAT is how AC should have fucking been.

About the only thing that would make me happy regarding a movie or series for FF7 is if it was an anime that followed along WITH the game, not after it fucking it up with plot holes and shit.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:05 am

youre just now seeing last order?
Id have thought youd been one of the first to see it.

I dont think AC added any plot holes but then i havent played ff7 in years.
Masteroftheweb
Vagabond

Post by Masteroftheweb » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:03 am

I didn't know last order existed... I don't keep up with pop culture, I just run into things from time to time...

And plot holes:

president isn't dead
turks aren't dead
Sephiroth is alive again depite that whole KILLING HIS FUCKNG SOUL!
Bahamut looks stupid as shit (plot hole as far as I'm concerned)

I could probably point out more if I actually watched it... but then I'd have to watch it.

But back to how much I liked last order and hwo I wish there was a FF7 anime series that simply followed the game's story path.
Last edited by Masteroftheweb on Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:04 am

I watched both and I prefer AC, I'm sorry but Anime is all been there done that, tbh the fight scenes and the plot are all typical of Japenese style anime's have been full of shit for ages, saying alot but not doing much.

AC's only problem was that the story of it seemed to follow the anime style, there was a lot of jibber jabber and not a lot of substance, typical japanese slow ass plot development, it could have done with being a tad longer, but hey there was a wolf (Zack) in it so I'm all happy.

As for the Bahamut thing I thought he looked pretty cool and his fight scene was awesome, no-one can beat the FF9 King of Dragons though, same as FF8 Ifrit was the best
Masteroftheweb
Vagabond

Post by Masteroftheweb » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:12 am

FF7's Bahamut was by far the best... And I think that 10's ifrit was the best... I like the wolf man approuch

but back to the anime style ect... I don't understand how you said that it's alot of saying but no doing. It's following the flash back cut scene's from the game with a little added action mostly
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:55 am

Lastwolf wrote:...but hey there was a wolf (Zack) in it so I'm all happy.
Haha when I first saw the wolf, I actually said "No wonder Mik liked this so much." How did you know it was Zack? I didn't pick up on that.

The FFVII recap thing on the DVD was disappointing. I thought that was going to be new stuff, not just crappy clips from the game. The music they played with it was all wrong.
Masteroftheweb
Vagabond

Post by Masteroftheweb » Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:02 am

Wait... Zack's a wolf...?

huh?
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:04 pm

It's my interpretation of what the wolf represents, He appears several times bar the opening credit, standing by the sword. Maybe it's just me reading more into it than there is, but Wolf symbolism in Cloud is rife (the epaulet, his motorcycle 'Fenris') and Cloud is at his core a wannabe Zack. He also appears in the 'lifestream' (the wolf that is, Zack is only is heard not seen in the lifestream.

I must of missed the plot holes comment the first time, but I'll try and defend them as much as possible.

President (of Shin-ra, Rufus,) isn't dead

Rufus is never confirmed dead, no-one ever really mentions him after the explosion, accept that he is missing. Whilst it is entirely possible he was killed, since no body was recovered he is also entirely possible he survived.

Given the unpopular nature of Shin-ra at the time and the total failure, it may have been wise poltically to let people assume he was dead, to given support/ sympathy towards Shin-ra. Rufus wasn't a total idiot and could be rather shrewd, regardless never confirming the death means they are full able to use him as he was never declared dead.

The Turks aren't dead

When did the turks die ? they we're all pwned sure but I don't remember any of them actually dying. Bare in mind that they got beat up to that extent several times in the games and never died. I seem to remember atleast one saying 'go get him cloud' or something to that effect, dead men don't usually give that much encouragement.

Sephiroth is alive

The nature of Gaia is that nothing truely ever dies, everything exsists in a cycle even evil, energy cannot be destroyed!

Wither his soul/spirit dies at the end of FF7 or that is Cloud defeating the Sepiroth in his mind is a matter of prespective and interpretation.

Cloud is at the time (before the end of the game) of the belief that he is nothing more than a clone of Sephy. One could argue, as I believe, that the -omnislash- ftw squence is merely Cloud defeating the part of himself that believes he is just like Sepiroth (which he actually mentions a few times)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SPOILER

Kudaj becomes him after absorbing (?) the head of Jenova, this seems to reconstitute Sepiroth for a time untill Cloud eventually defeats him, after which Kudaj reappears and dies.

Wither or not Sepiroth is really there is a matter of debate, Jenova's well known as a the deciever able to warp minds into seeing what is not there and make things appear not quite as they seem. The Jenova cells in Cloud allowed him to convince himself and Tifa that he was infact Zack as well as distort the fact that it was 7 years ago and not 5.

It is a possibly that he also summoned and restored Sephiroth from the lifestream, creating his own mini reunion, this after all was the reason Sephiroth instated the first reunion he was trying to restore Jenova.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Bahamut looks stupid as shit

Despiste you wanting it to be it is not a real plot hole. IMO it was in keeping with the aspects that where comon to Bahmut in 7

Bahamut, Neo Bahamut and Bahamut ZERO all varied quite a bit from each other, however remained in essence a mostly Bi-pedal dragon with wedged head design. The Quasi-avid structure was wery nice imo and I loved the way he glided down in his big enterance and flew in general.

FF10 was a cheap knock of of FF8 Ifrit with a dodgy face mod, The FF9 one was just awesome do to the shear destruction and malice the features gave it. The red colouring was prefect for the devil / angel battle against Alexander.
Last edited by Mik on Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:28 pm

YOU BASTARDS !!!!!!!! THINKING ABOUT THIS HAS ME PLAYING THE GAME
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:59 pm

Good post, Mik. I was also going to say that they didn't necessarily die.

Is there actually anything to say that that was Bahamut? I thought it looked a lot like Ultima Weapon.

One thing I found kinda funny was that a lot of people thought the "wheelchair figure" was Jenova when all the preview pics started appearing. It turns out they were wrong but not entirely... ;)
Xuenay
Trainee

Post by Xuenay » Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:07 pm

Chewi wrote:Is there actually anything to say that that was Bahamut? I thought it looked a lot like Ultima Weapon.
Didn't they say something about summoning the king of summons or some such?

And I don't really see why anybody would consider the Turks being alive as being a plot hole, it never seemed like they died in the game to me. :blink: Rufus being alive was just a bit tasteless, though - talk about comic book deaths.
Melana
Distgrunted Hero

Post by Melana » Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:29 pm

I have to agree with Mik that the FF9 Bahamut and the battle between Alexander is AWESOME. To me... that representation of Bahamut as a truely benevolent summoning entity is perfect. The fire torn destruction...everything.

I think everyone just assumed that the turks and rufus died... it's one of those things they just want you to assume. I personally don't remember it being mentioned again. All mention of Shin-ra on a progression of plot sort of fades off once the 'true' adversary of the game is seen.

giggles at Mik's nostalgia hit
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:00 pm

Bahamut Sin, is his name

it would be unlikely a Weapon as they are called by the Planet not by Materia and it was cleary doing a job for Kudaj.

I would have liked to have seen more of the other characters as they really only got cameo roles.

Cait Sith's irish accent made me laugh, I never considered it but apperantely it's to do with the orgin of his name.
Trigo
Solider

Post by Trigo » Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:13 pm

i'm currently playing FF7 just never completed it before and still on the 1st disk :mellow: