HEY MIK! Teknoman?

Ah, the idiot box, our childhood companion/minder let us speak of your marvellous ways and bask in your shiny technicolour.
Xanien
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Xanien » Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:32 am

I'm just wondering if anybody has ever come across a bit torrent of Teknoman, or even the DVDs and where I can buy them. If somebody could link me, that would be great.
Trigo
Solider

Post by Trigo » Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:45 am

i've looked before but not found anything as of yet :(

*Goes renews his search*

Hit
Last edited by Trigo on Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:55 pm

I bought the DVD's a while back.

Ummm, If I remember rightly there used to be really ghetto versions on some fansite and some community hosted FTP sites.

I'll have a look around.

EDIT:

heh, first place worked isohunt ftw

http://isohunt.com/download/12936512/teknoman
Last edited by Mik on Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xanien
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Xanien » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:16 am

Freaking SWEET! I've only seen a few episodes, like about 10 or so WAYYY back when I was like 11 years old, but man it always stuck in my mind as pretty damn cool. How's the entire anime? What's your final opinion/score of it?
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:56 am

It's old, so the animation quality is a bit poor compared to nowadays, alot of the colours are muted.

America only really took the series to episode 22 or something then ditched it, the link I gave is the DVD rip, so I assume it's the Oceanic/ UK TV version.

They had different edits so I think there are some minor name changes early series, Blade is refered to as Slade I think in the american version in the early episodes for some reason. I remember some minor problems with Teknoman Dagger but the specfics escape me right now.

It uses the Korean opening so you miss the Teknoman tune, but I think it returns at the end of the episodes later on.

Since you've only seen up to 10 or so, I'll not spoil the segements but The story gets cool after the end of the American run, He has to fight all the Teknomen until to try and get to Darkon.

I keep meaning to watch the series in Korean or whatever my version is for the extra footage (it has blood) and a few name/ story line changes. English dub has 42 episodes, Subbed it's 49.

I think it's one of the better animes I've watched, I loved it as a kid because it was so vastly different to the shit that was usually on and I love it now cause of it's awesome storyline, this show was dark as hell, I'm surpised it was, even after the editting, considered a kids show.
Last edited by Mik on Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xanien
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Xanien » Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:41 am

Actually, last episode I can remember watching was when the dude's sister or something is being chased by like 3 Teknomen, and she blows herself up to stop them. Was the freaking coolest thing ever to me when I was that age . . . (having been only exposed to Garfield the Cat and Snoopy up until then). I'll definitely be DLing this soon.