Back to the future

Ah, the idiot box, our childhood companion/minder let us speak of your marvellous ways and bask in your shiny technicolour.
Drabe,ThePirateking
Whelp

Post by Drabe,ThePirateking » Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:25 am

i just finished rewatching the greatest trilogy known too man, back to the future, how many of you haven't heard of this? id love to redicule anyone who hasnt seen this classic wonder. oh man, you gotta be foolish to not love this trilogy. oh and even if you didnt like one or two or three, you still liked one of them so therefore your not foolish. lots of people ive talked to hated the third one or the second one, strange no one complained about the first one oh well.
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:02 am

It rocks. Third one is a bit iffy but hey.
Trigo
Solider

Post by Trigo » Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:12 pm

seen i liked all 3
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:47 am

actually i picked the second one as the lame one. First and third were the best.

fantastic series. One of the coolest things too, is that you don't have to worry about who you watch it in front of, there's very little to be offended over, unless i've forgotten something.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:48 am

well if you watch it with a bully you might have a problem.
Bogey
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Bogey » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:44 pm

When this baby hits 88 miles an hour, you're gonna see some serious shit.

Or something like that.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:46 am

that's mild. Hell i would say by the time a child can comprehend the premise behind the series, how the past changes the future, the whole idea of an alternate reality that vanishes when something's changed in the past, i think the word 'shit' would be something they heard on a regular basis on the playground anyway.
Bogey
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Bogey » Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:58 am

It was just a good quote from the film.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:09 pm

I was in a deloran not so long ago .. didn't see a flux capicator, think they might have got the encomy model or something.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:07 pm

funny i saw one the other day too, at a comedy club. I was kinda shocked. I mean, they really aren't that much of an amazing car, but if you have one, no way in hell you should be driving it. You can't even get parts for those anymore.
Drabe,ThePirateking
Whelp

Post by Drabe,ThePirateking » Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:58 am

yeah, you guys know the guy who created those things went bankrupt because of them right? for a while there i was thinking about finding one but eh that might be like putting three extra nails in a coffin eh?
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:09 pm

actually there's more to it then that

Delorian used to be a designer for GM. He did a lot of work with Pontiac if i recall. In fact, the last firebird ever made was modeled after one of his concept cars that he called the Banchee.

When he went off to start his own company, there were rumors he'd gotten the start up money by dealing in drugs. There were investigations, lawsuits, trials, all that sort of thing. His company went bankrupt as a result, and he was never convicted of any crime. The urban legand is that some people at GM were pissed that he started up a competetive company and set him up.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:57 am

made in Northern Ireland .. it's guarnteed to sink ..... this time it was a company
Kimiko
Whelp

Post by Kimiko » Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:15 pm

I always liked one and three better...I never really liked two...but I only seen that one a few times compared to one and three which I seen a million times...Mom can't believe when I am sitting there watching tv and there's nothing better to watch cause I sit there and watch that if it's on tv...hehe'
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:23 pm

I think the reason most people dont like 2 as much is simply becuase its the FUTURE.

in movies 1 and 3 the setting is the past. so the setting is definate and unquestionably easy to accept.

however you cant do that with a movie based in the future. so people naturally have a hard time accepting the way things are in that film.

one of the first things to comes to mind is the dissapointment in knowing that their are no real hoverboards.

but you have to look at it this way...
they HAD to do a future set movie
and if they had made it a near future which is less questionable, it would have put everyone to sleep.