manga vs anime

Ah, the idiot box, our childhood companion/minder let us speak of your marvellous ways and bask in your shiny technicolour.
Drabe,ThePirateking
Whelp

Post by Drabe,ThePirateking » Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:55 pm

so yeah, i have recently been getting into manga as well as anime and have a completly unbiased opinion to both anime vs anime, there both good even though anime tends to have more filler that is unessecary and manga seems to get straight to the point. things virtually change the plot between the webs that anime and manga build. so what's aura's opinion?
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:20 am

Please explain the difference because I still don't know. I actually heard of "manga" before I heard of "anime" but at that time, I think the words were used quite interchangably. Now you don't hear "manga" much anymore.
Drabe,ThePirateking
Whelp

Post by Drabe,ThePirateking » Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:36 am

well manga is basically the type in which you read, the books or comics people can buy or read online. so just think of it as the reading kind of pointy shaped charecters. anime this is the watching kind of pointy shaped charecters from japan. that is the diffrence.
Wulf
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Wulf » Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:39 pm

ok but manga is also a company that publishes manga anime moves and series :blink:
Drabe,ThePirateking
Whelp

Post by Drabe,ThePirateking » Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:40 am

yeah, you found a paradox. but you got the general idea other than that one paradox, can you name a company called anime that produces manga? oooh wouldn't that be awsome.
Masteroftheweb
Vagabond

Post by Masteroftheweb » Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:38 am

It has been my experiance that Mangas tend to end better, and have more closure than animes...

Granted I've only finished 2 manga series with anime counterparts... but still... (also... only finished 2 manga series... but shut up you)

I like anime... and I like mangas.... I can't pick one over the other...

I like details... and manga's do provide on that end... but animation is always a plus as well... seeing movement allows me understand things easier.... not to mention color... GOD I love color...
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:43 am

I thought the difference would be more subtle than that. That's pretty straightforward. I don't think they should really be compared though, it's like saying "Which is better, movies or books?"
Masteroftheweb
Vagabond

Post by Masteroftheweb » Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:00 pm

Differance is... books leave much to the imagination... mangas have pictures... and thus it's like watching those old still cartoons...
Trigo
Solider

Post by Trigo » Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:02 pm

I love both formats.