Kingdom of Heaven

Ah, the idiot box, our childhood companion/minder let us speak of your marvellous ways and bask in your shiny technicolour.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Sat May 28, 2005 5:55 pm

So what was everyones opinion on this?

As far as the crusades, I knew of them, but didn't know squat about them, this film helped me learn a lil more about them. I also think it played both sides of the story as well, it wasn't bias, for a change.

Though, Orlando Blooms acting was...dull and unconvincing.

Thoughts?
Star
Whelp

Post by Star » Sat May 28, 2005 8:17 pm

I don't know. I might be biased because I'm a huge Orlando Bloom fan, but he does have acting talent, actually, he has a lot of it. I find it saddening, though, that almost all of his characters have the exact same traits. (Blacksmith, sword-fighting, some beautiful girl at his side, needs the same accent and voice, etc) After 4 or so years of watching the same character put in different settings, it does get quite bland.

As usual, Orlando Bloom makes great decisions about what movies he acts in. He always chooses a movie that's not only action/adventure packed, but also is filled with a more intellitual meaning.

Kingdon of Heaven was really good, because it switched back and forth to show that both sides have good and bad leaders. I'm not sure who even acted the queen, but she was a really dull character. It doesn't matter if your script says that you have to say this, or do that, you can still steal a show if you act it properly. And I just hated the queen's acting.

Wow, that just sounded like a grade D movie review. >.>;
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Sat May 28, 2005 8:36 pm

Blooms best role was falling out of the chopper in blackhawk down.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Sat May 28, 2005 9:27 pm

Hahaha, that was him? Noice
Descending Fate
Whelp

Post by Descending Fate » Tue May 31, 2005 5:15 am

i recently saw this i liked the movie..
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Tue May 31, 2005 8:13 am

Yes, he was 'Blackburn' whos five minutes in the film ended pretty much when he fell out of the helicopter. What I though was retarded is they sent him to bootcamp and made him do like 4 weeks of training like everyone else .. to fall out of helicopter.

I mocked blooms italian 'I win' fighting style but I recently tested it out (using a 1 handed bastard sword :/ ) and it's quite effective as with most Italian styles (that I've used before) it's intestive on continous motion and dependant on not getting stabbed rather quickly, Like how I contious got below the guard of my friend and 'Disembowled' him.

Sorry, Star you said he can act and then listed the reasons why he can't.
Bogey
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Bogey » Tue May 31, 2005 2:40 pm

I really don't want to see it. Orlando Bloom is a one-trick pony. He was good as Legolas, probably because he didn't have to say too much, and because elves are a bit girly anyway.
Star
Whelp

Post by Star » Tue May 31, 2005 10:33 pm

Lastwolf wrote:Sorry, Star you said he can act and then listed the reasons why he can't.
Actually, I only did that because I didn't feel like going through Orli's list of credits.

He studied at the Guildhall School of Music and Drama for three years while he was still in Europe and performed in various roles on stage (which as a theatre dork I believe is where it requres actual talent). Even though he had dyslexia, he still studied music and French. But that has nothing to do his acting. It's just that fame doesn't come from looks alone. You have to have something beyond that to become as famous as he is.

IE- Britney Spears is known for being a big whore as well as awful singing.
Jessica Simpson is known for her no sex until marriage.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Wed Jun 01, 2005 9:23 am

Everyone in England has to study music and french from the age of 11, just incase there is another 100 years war or they get invaded by the germans, again and we have to leave our mp3 players at home.

I had a 15 minute rant about the film yesterday, I've come to the this conculsion.

Orlando Bloom = New Mel Gibson

I love how a guy who was a blacksmith two weeks before hand, then instantly was the greatest miltary general ever by learning ONE !!!!!!1!!! ONE italian sword fighting techinque shit I know two and I'm no Nero.
Massacre
Solider

Post by Massacre » Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:26 pm

Shin wrote: Though, Orlando Blooms acting was...dull and unconvincing.

whats's new?