I want to see Sin City

Ah, the idiot box, our childhood companion/minder let us speak of your marvellous ways and bask in your shiny technicolour.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Sun Apr 10, 2005 8:56 pm

I think the image of Will dancing around, holding it in, makes me want to see this film.
Darkside
Enforcer

Post by Darkside » Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:13 am

Melana wrote:Yeah Shane it is, has Willis and Jessica Alba in it...she's playing a prostitute.
All of the women play prostitutes in Sin City. lol Alba was hot in this movie. She was suppost to have a nide scene. :( They felt the sexy dancing she does in the movie was sexy enough. so they didn't shoot it. sorry boys, no deleted scene of jessica alba naked when the dvd comes out.

I just seen the movie today. It does not dissapoint. Flows right with the comic book perfectly. I now have a new favorite movie. :D This shit was gory as hell. the story(s) in the movie was good.

9.5/10 they coulda used the color red more for the blood to make the gore better.
Last edited by Darkside on Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:29 am

I figured it out it was only if you seen the blow striking did the blood become the white paint instead, If the camera was facing away from the shot/ sword strike did the blood spray. (probably a neat way round a heavier rating)

The film itself was nicely shot, had a good story, nice characters and was acted in what I assume was an 'in character' (as true to the comic) way, it was clever and in places quite funny. However The film just didn't kick into high gear for me.

I swear to fuck 90% of a film these days is the trailer they make the trailer so badass that you want buy the DVD before the movie comes out and then you watch the film and it's not as good as the trailer.

Watching Sin City's Trailer compelled me to go searching to watch it (requires a lot of effort for me) and the movie wasn't all that good, it was missing something to make it truly epic.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:08 pm

like a plot?
Morbid Angel
Solider

Post by Morbid Angel » Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:59 am

The guy that got shot with the arrow and said "hey".

Best character in the movie.
Spider Jerusalem
Solider

Post by Spider Jerusalem » Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:49 am

Super Goat Weed wrote:like a plot?
You...do realize there were three plots, right?
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:47 am

i was too busy staring at Alba's tits...
Spider Jerusalem
Solider

Post by Spider Jerusalem » Thu Apr 28, 2005 7:25 am

Or lack thereof.

Nancy was supposed to be topless all the time during the rope swinging scenes.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Fri Aug 26, 2005 5:48 pm

finally got around to seeing it.
(even tho i was like the first one sporting wood for the film)

Loved it.
But I think the reason i did was becuase it broke so many movie rules that in the end...I wouldnt exactly say its a movie.

Like if you watch a Play on dvd, that dont make it a movie, its still a play.

I think Sin City remains a Graphic Novel even on screen.
and i really like that.

I also like how it doesnt really seem to have a begging nor does it seem to have an end.
I was cuaght off guard when the credits came up. but thats just how comics are. they dont really ever end.

What I really liked was how all the stories seemed to be connected...but at the same time it never seemed intentional. it was like real life or somthing.

All the typical comicbook styled humor is there. its the kind of humor that doesnt need to be dialogue heavy to work becuase its mostly just small humorus action sequence.

The other thing I liked was that at times it was like an old film were things were narrated in the first person as they were happening. Happens in comics all the time. But untill seeing on screen I'd never quite realized that was happening.

it got me thinking that the reason its like this must be becuase the older comic writters/artists inspirations lay in those movies. and in turn the new writers/artists inspirations lay with the older generations style of creating comics.

the flick is a real art piece.
9/10 for me.
and im not really sure why im not giving it that extra point.
Last edited by kaos on Fri Aug 26, 2005 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bogey
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Bogey » Fri Aug 26, 2005 5:59 pm

Sporting wood? As in Elijah Wood?
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:02 pm

hehe.
sombody wanna explain what sporting wood means?
Bogey
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Bogey » Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:14 pm

I know what it means, that was just a joke. Not quite sure what the equivalent would be to it here though.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:56 pm

ok, that's the last time i judge a movie without seeing the entire thing

it kicked ass...