First decent ps2 mod ive seen

Everything from Console, PC & Handheld. This is the place your none On-line Graphic related play things go.
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:35 pm

I dont like Sony but I dont care. I would say mircosoft had more right to go in to the gaming market just b/c they have been doing it for years and they deal with computers. Sony just started with the PS. I dont care the X-Box is runned by MS, big deal its a console and I like the games. Either way my money is going in to some asshole pocket. Bill gates a billionaire big deal he was already without the X-Box I dont think not buyin one is gonna make a big deal. But the thing is mostly all the titles of what u said are really exculuises b/c there coming out for mostly all the consoles the only ones which has stayed true is GT, FF apart from the gba.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:32 pm

the latest installment of GT is going on xbox. The ps2 gets a graphicly 'dumbed down' version of the game because their hardare can't handle xbox stuff.
Vandire
Vagabond

Post by Vandire » Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:37 pm

People still go on bout all this, yeah the xbox is technicaly better, but it wont matter to me when im happy playing games like flash back and another world (gota love rotascoping) Right now im wanting a GBA and a flash linker so i can store all the games i like on one 256meg cart and ill be gaming happy for a long time
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:57 pm

*puts head in a pillow and screams for a bit*

i hate bush,nothing more...untill 9/11 i actually wanted to live in america,i no longer wanna fly there,cos,im paranoid,and i reckon taking a boat out is tehre next line of attack,so untill they wipe out osama,or finally blow upa cruise boat,im staying put

yeah

X-BOX is far graphically superior,and Metal Gear Solid is staying PS2 only,and about bill gates dave,that was my whole point,you went over it,but missed it,hes was already rich,he didn't need to make more money here,hes already scamming the world with windows,he dont need to make it here

and as for them having rights to video games consoles,or the market should i say,he haf no rights because hes been making software,dont give him no rights to make hardware,but...a BIG but,thats a silly arguement over console making rights...lol

the GT for ps2 two still looks great,and im actually wondering if FF would look loads better(i think it will) on an X-BOX,but ill be happy if it stays,cos i wont need to buy an x-box,thats my only qualm,aside from it bein bill gates

the main thing is really

EXCLUSIVES

a money making sceme,buying a console for one game is absoloutly pathetic,u should buy a console for the graphics,not the games,daft really,i bet sega are making more money now selling games rights then they were during the dreamcast

and goat,u didn't miss anything there,it sucked,it was better thana PS1,but ti sucked,is why PS2 wiped it out

dont get me for my anticipation of the PS3,i actually do think it will be better than the X-BOX2,which i think microsoft will get pissed off at sony not relasing the PS3,then relase the XBOX2 then sony will mod ifiy tehres and push them off the market a little,i just hope sony learnt to make a decent stating price,like microsoft did,Xobx wouldn't have sold so amny if it was 400 squid would they?

phew,thats long
Last edited by Matt on Sun Oct 03, 2004 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vandire
Vagabond

Post by Vandire » Sun Oct 03, 2004 12:07 am

microsoft make a loss for every x-box sold, so they aint making cash that way, they are losing it, but they can afford to. They are gonna make it back off the games of course
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Sun Oct 03, 2004 12:30 am

that i didn't know
Vandire
Vagabond

Post by Vandire » Sun Oct 03, 2004 12:49 am

Tis always best to correlate your facts prior to engaging in a debate, this ones been going since it statred, with the original x-box launch price, they were still making a loss, think how much of a loss they make now (even considering price drops in older technology) to be honest, the x-box has been good for the games market, healthy competition sparks game designers to be ever more creative with the games they produce, unfortunately, it also sparks a flurry of deluge games to pepper the market, findind decent ones is difficult at times.
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Sun Oct 03, 2004 2:08 am

But the think is what u have to remember. If u were rich .... would u want to stop there, ppl who are out there for money wants more money and to go on the console market is a good way of making it. I dont mind that. Good for him for seeing an opening. I'm acutually suprised MS took this long to get in to the console market.

And with the new consoles u cant tell if a console is gonna be better but the thing is the X-Box is gonna have the technogly advance again, just b/c its gettin released after the PS3, so it has more time to make it better and MS hires some of the best chips and boards around, every x-box is made on a loss like Dave said while sonys are made on a profit. Sony reliays on cheap parts and there games.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Sun Oct 03, 2004 3:04 am

yeah, i've already heard of people having to buy multiple PS2's because of breakage.

and i don't mean one, i mean they bought 2 or 3 replacement units

other then software issues on a few games, i've never had a problem with my xbox, and i really don't see a need to have more then one next gen console. I'm mostly over my video game obsession.

don't forget there's an xbox2 coming out as well.

oh and i wouldn't worry about microsoft's profit off of the xbox. Don't forget they make a HUGE chunk of the profits that come from HALO. They also own the Project Gotham franchise, and Crimson Skies.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Sun Oct 03, 2004 3:54 am

no one can say when whats coming out,but im asuming sony will do what they did to the DC,

they pushed back the release date that much,sega just went ahead and released the DC,only to get slaughtered by better graphics

i think sony will try to do the same,pushing back the release date that much that X-BOX will give in,weather MS will give in is a different matter,on thses console wars,all i want is a machine that isn't "better" but as good as,therefore i dont have to waste my money of keeping up to date with the new consoles

and as for Nintendo pwning the handheld,that will change soon enough...the PSP looks fukcing mint...a DVD player,playabl;e of PS" graphics,thast about as big as the smallest portable DVD player...no..smaller,

Lets See this one get bettered
Murton
Whelp

Post by Murton » Sun Oct 03, 2004 11:21 am

I've seen the PSP a lot of times on the net, isn't anyone else seeing a rather scary resemblance to the Atari Lynx, which was graphically superior to EVERYTHING at it's time of release and stayed superior to everything released afterwards for about five or six years, yet very few people owned one or even seen one. Now, why am I mentioning what has arguably been the most graphically advanced handheld for over ten years? Firstly, the PSP reference, but also to back up the "this console has better x, y and z therefore it is a better console"

The Atari Lynx, definitely the best handheld there has been for many many years (personal opinion) but how many people owned one? Of everyone I knew only my big brother had one, everyone I knew had either a Sega Game Gear or a Nintendo Game Boy despite them both being graphically, well crap. The Cube, PS2 and Xbox are all really close in tech with the Xbox ahead by a narrow margin. This means nothing as it's the games that sell the consoles. GameCube has literally no games that attract me, in fact I have never owned any Nintendo console for this reason. The Xbox has maybe two games that interest me that I can't get on either my Ps2 or PC, and the PS2 is bringing plenty of great titles my way that I can't get for my PC.

When it comes to games machines, forget the machines and focus on the games. PS2 has way more games, statistically this means they have more "good games" than the Xbox and therefore it is likely it has better games than the Xbox, also works in reverse, more games = more "bad games" = some games worse than that of the Xbox. Look at games on the whole, PS2 wins, look at the machines Xbox wins, look overall it's close unless you factor in the GameCube, but then again why are we even talking about the GameCube?
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Sun Oct 03, 2004 4:02 pm

I've heard alot of bad things from the PSP, thats its got some nasty bugs in it and stuff and not alot of game devolpers arnt making many games for it yet cause they havent got the kit to do it yet. I will try to find the mag I got it from
Vandire
Vagabond

Post by Vandire » Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:09 am

For the past few years its been sony leading the console market, mainly due to the amount of games for it, they have had alot of problems with faulty machines, twas to be expected with the use of cheap parts to keep the console price down, the hand held market has always been dominated by nintendo products, and i see it to continue this way, i mean, the sega game gear, that thing ate through six AA batteries in less than an hour, it wasnt really portable in my opinion, the gameboys have held strong, and will continue to do so cos they have a damn highly active bunch of companies backing games for it. One console im still very sceptical of is the phantom, the HD and broadband for its games, not sure bout that, they should have that as an option sure, but still, if i ever get one, ill be adding a dvd drive and seeing if anoynes got software for it so that i can use the drive, cos not everyone has access or the patience to sit and dld complete games.

Edit : er, i kinda just after this long realised that i had posted this in the wrong damn forum...such a n00by mistake, shame on me, shame.
Murton
Whelp

Post by Murton » Wed Oct 06, 2004 8:53 am

EchoPark wrote:I've heard alot of bad things from the PSP, thats its got some nasty bugs in it and stuff and not alot of game devolpers arnt making many games for it yet cause they havent got the kit to do it yet. I will try to find the mag I got it from
Currently that is true. The game production tools are still in the hands of sony to ensure that sony controls the launch games. I'm expecting the tools to go out to the third party companies shortly before the release to ensure that sony controls their own market for the first couple of months so that they can make a free buck or two before their games are forgotten in favour of those developed by Rockstar, Square, THQ, Activision, Namco etc etc.

Sony are simply bad at making games, and they rely on the big name devlopers to sell their consoles and generate royalties for the company, sony actually make less money from the console market than the games companies. Unlike nintendo who do well at producing their own games and Microsoft who publish a great deal of Xbox games themselves.
Nosferatu
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Nosferatu » Wed Oct 06, 2004 8:20 pm

it's the first ps2 mod i've seen period, but then i don't really look, so...