The Aura server

Everything from Console, PC & Handheld. This is the place your none On-line Graphic related play things go.
Masteroftheweb
Vagabond

Post by Masteroftheweb » Fri Jun 18, 2004 3:34 am

fuck that, might as well ask here

we are toying with the Idea of making an aura server for ragnorok on-line, but we want to tweek the game to make it funner

also, we figure that those Aura RPers could use it to increase on the fun factor.
Vandire
Vagabond

Post by Vandire » Fri Jun 18, 2004 3:38 am

word to that

wed be best off using fusion, if not, theres like eweiss, the successor to dark weiss, but yeah

basicly, the games customisable server side yeah, and its relatively easy to like, get new scripts, try writing your own etc, the only big bit is the client, but yeah, its worth the dld, get back to us chewi, in teh mean time, i must level my acolyte!!
Masteroftheweb
Vagabond

Post by Masteroftheweb » Fri Jun 18, 2004 3:47 am

the biggest thing we want to do is combin the depth of runescape with the depth and graphics of RO.

in runescape, you can fish and cut down trees if tyou want, make fires, cook, there are alot of skills that can enhance RP. in RO, they don't have these skills. we want to add them.
Vandire
Vagabond

Post by Vandire » Fri Jun 18, 2004 5:00 am

this is the bad thing with not sleeping

chewi should be on now

well wishing auraRO hehe

tis a dam cool RO server name

but yeah, when he on, we getting to dld and run the basic server, its preconfigured, youll need the kRO or iRO or euRO client (oth the RO and sakray ones, patch em and thats it (patchings automatic)) then you can connect, pretty simple, im asuming the admins would want to be GMs and such

i look forward to this

and chewi, the server stuff is around 3 meg, so no "o but the games too big" :P
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Fri Jun 18, 2004 4:45 pm

what?

I'm not following.

can sombody dumb down the last 4 posts and then explain how its possible?
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Fri Jun 18, 2004 5:37 pm

me too
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Fri Jun 18, 2004 6:16 pm

Well he wants me to run a Ragnarok Online server, that being an online RPG. It's Windows software but apparently it can be run under Linux. But I don't know enough about this, I don't know what this Fusion thing is so tell me. At the moment, I'm not too keen.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Fri Jun 18, 2004 6:29 pm

I didnt know RO allowed private servers.
had i known that I might never have quit playing.

is this a new development?
Vandire
Vagabond

Post by Vandire » Sat Jun 19, 2004 1:28 am

ok first, the fusion server, is home brew code, a replica if you will of the gravity server, it needs winE to run under linux, but it runs alot better under linux than it does on say, xp

if your really wanting to play on a free server

http://www.ultimaro.com

go there, its where i play atm, its run by a jerk, but hey, if i meet him in pvp, im gonna attack em, regardles of my level

Fusion is cool, you can like, set up your own RO on your pc, and let folk connect to it, pretty cool, i was mucking around with it for a while back, getting back into it again, theres a few other versions of the server out there, ima try em out tooand if chewi doesnt go with it, i shall look into hosting and such for auraRO, a few adds on the sign up site, one click per day per member should cover costs, if not then, wooo, pure expensive and all, but yeah, im tired and im rambling, so ill shush for now
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Sat Jun 19, 2004 2:55 am

Well I have a spare computer soon, I could stick it on that when broadband comes. Thos it depends on the price. And then I wont use it. I'm not a RPG fan, but I like to help.
Vandire
Vagabond

Post by Vandire » Sat Jun 19, 2004 3:02 am

the price, as in, for the game?

free
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Sat Jun 19, 2004 11:16 am

nah I mean keeping the server running. I could always try to make a stable windows server *listens to hear chewi laugh and swear all at once* Cause Chewi is been telling me his problems like Linux dying but nnnoooo its not crashing its ermm no repsonding!
Vandire
Vagabond

Post by Vandire » Sat Jun 19, 2004 12:11 pm

well, all it really neds to be is a box with a fast connection and decentspecs, bout it
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Sat Jun 19, 2004 2:40 pm

LoL easy enough! Tho I will have to see. Broadband comes here soon so it may cost me a lil more than usual to build a server just b/c if I want to keep it running I will have to make it a quiet bastard which means more money on the cooling. Plus I could always use the Dual Processor P3 board up in the attic the fans need to be changed and it needs some shit but the P3s should handle the job well. Got to make a price to dad.
Vandire
Vagabond

Post by Vandire » Sat Jun 19, 2004 5:01 pm

just gonna point out that it runs perfect on my box echo

and you know how shit that is

but then, theres the whole lotsa people connecting, duno if mine can handle that