Magic the Gathering

Everything from Console, PC & Handheld. This is the place your none On-line Graphic related play things go.
Murton
Whelp

Post by Murton » Mon Sep 20, 2004 9:57 am

Realised there isn't a thread dedicated to this old school game, anyone out there play it still? If so what decks do you play and what silly endgame cards/tricks to you use?
Vandire
Vagabond

Post by Vandire » Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:27 am

I still play on the odd ocasion, dont know too many folk who play it round here really, i need to get that thing, so ya can play online with random folk

but i play black/blue, lotsa those thingies, penumbra, the ones that when they die they leave a dark token of themselves *needs to find his deck* im looking forward to getting some Champions of Kamigawa cards, shiny 16th centuary fuedal japan, looks good likes, theres two sides to it, theres the military kinda side, and the spirit side, i love the artwork allready
Murton
Whelp

Post by Murton » Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:02 pm

I have a not so old but not brand new deck of 7th edition + expansions which uses all five colours, works a lot better than you'd think too.

End game that works for me are two Mirari's Wake enchantments making all of my lands worth three mana each, I'll then tap the lot and play my Riptide Replicator with about 27 mana on it. Then after that turn, start spawning a load of 23/23 cleric tokens, which are made 25/25 by the Mirari's Wakes. Send those big bastards in with a couple of Doubtless ones and I'm laughing. Did I mention that I have valour and brawn in my graveyard at all times giving all these guys first strike and trample? pwnage.
Vandire
Vagabond

Post by Vandire » Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:45 pm

like...wow

All im saying, is darksteel collosus...cant be hurt at all, and its 11/11
Murton
Whelp

Post by Murton » Tue Sep 21, 2004 10:24 pm

Darksteel is nasty, very few ways round those. I did have a deck that fare ok against it, just don't block.

Oh, I forgot to mention, when I send those huge things forward, I do have a Familiar Grounds enchantment that prohibits multiple blockingm, one block per creature vs that deck :)
Vandire
Vagabond

Post by Vandire » Tue Sep 21, 2004 10:31 pm

Thats what id call beardy myself, but yeah

*needs to find his cards*
Nova
Trainee

Post by Nova » Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:34 pm

Mwahahahahaha, finally someone posts something about MTG. Of all the games I try to be good at, MTG is the one I manage the best. I'm too lazy now, but later I'll post several of my better decks so you can see the awesome game winning power I command. I've been playing since Ice Age, and I'm still playing strong. I can't wait until Champions of Kamigawa. Japan roxorz.
Xanien
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Xanien » Wed Sep 22, 2004 6:52 pm

I have thousands of cards packed away, and about 20 odd decks based all on different strategies. White Weenies, Fast Burns, etc . . . I wish I could find somebody to play with occasionally. My brother is a loser and won't play just one round.
Murton
Whelp

Post by Murton » Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:26 pm

Same with my younger brother, I have a friend who plays but we tend to end at a tie. He has way way more cards than and better cards too, but I always manage to pull a trick or two outta my ass for at least a draw. We tend to spend most of our time putting decks together between our collections and talking about entering the local tourni, we never have done though, not yet at least.
Masteroftheweb
Vagabond

Post by Masteroftheweb » Wed Sep 22, 2004 10:01 pm

I don't remember mine to well, but I had a sliver deck, after getting out a few cards it was over. I had one card that allowed me to pull any card from my deck I choose, I would get the heart stone, reduced mana cost by one, I would also get the sliver queen, the legacy device, and something else.

usualy I would spit out slivers like nothign else, making it impossable to attck me. then I would use the legacy device to rid them of any threats, then I would attack all at once wipping them out.

I remember one time, my friend had the "perfect" defence, he enchanted a single wall, it had protection from all colors, gain life when gets attacks, forced all things to attack it, yadda yadda

there were like 8 enchanmtns on this wall

I pulled out the legacy device and removed his wall from game... hahahaha left him open as a baby on drugs.

I love the legacy device,

gotta 100/100 regeneration monster that can't be killed?

not anymore
Nova
Trainee

Post by Nova » Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:51 am

Not bad... I'd Alter's Light it, of course, but not bad. By the way, it's called the Legacy Weapon. Legendary artifact, pay one of each color, remove target permanent from the game.

I think Door to nothingness is a bit better though. Legendary artifact, 2 of each color, tap, sacrifice it, target player loses the game.

But really, the best thing is to have a beacon/bringer deck. Bringer of the Black Dawn, Beacon of tommorows, and have a Beacon of creation in there somewhere, and you've won the game guaranteed.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:58 am

oh, dunno how i missed this topic

i used to play it a ton before it got gay. I had a few decent decks, a bruser, a white life generator, a very unpredictable legand based deck that used all the colors, your basic red indirect damage deck, but my pride and joy is a Blue denial deck that basicly robs the other player of even playing the game.
TapDancingDoom
Civillian

Post by TapDancingDoom » Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:34 am

I play every color if I can help it, yeah I play new cards but I also see some good in them. Favorite combo is a horseshoe crab or something with a pemmins aura plus one hermetic study or a psionic study. One hightide later and the other guy has no life left. I tend to tack on a sigil of sleep just so if they have creatures down they go away. I also piss people off by building a suicide redundancy into my decks. Someone wants to toy with me I take myself out of the game.
BoboTheIceMan
Enforcer

Post by BoboTheIceMan » Thu Sep 23, 2004 5:52 am

I play. I have old cards.. first and second edition up to Fallen Empires and IceAge, very very very few after that as far as I know. Umm.. I think most of the new stuff is kinda stupid *shrugs*

Black/White
Black/Red
Blue/Green

I play with my friends.. they play mostly by Creatures or shit like that.. I play by colour. That way I can have a good ammount of cards. Hehe, annoy the hell out of a friend, cause I fireball him alot :D
Masteroftheweb
Vagabond

Post by Masteroftheweb » Fri Sep 24, 2004 12:27 am

Nova wrote:I think Door to nothingness is a bit better though. Legendary artifact, 2 of each color, tap, sacrifice it, target player loses the game.
man that's cheap...