The wee hours!

Everything from Console, PC & Handheld. This is the place your none On-line Graphic related play things go.
Murton
Whelp

Post by Murton » Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:22 pm

I don't think there's a real time scale here, I mean NWN just running the story can take you around 40 hours or more, add the side quests and you could be there about 80. Mind, I play in multiplayer and spend a lot of time roleplaying so my numbers may not be completely accurate.

If a game seems too short, then yeah I'd be annoyed, same if a game seemed to drag on. But I for one don't sit there and count the hours, I don't play console RPGs and I don't know any PC ones that actually count your play-time, so I can only hazard guesses.

All is boils down to at the end of the day is "was the game any good" and "would I play it all over again" if an RPG is good, I'll play it over and over with different chars and doing different quests where possible and all the rest of it, if I don't like an RPG enough to replay it, then it fails in my book whether it be 20 minutes or 20 hours long. Time is no object to me.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:20 pm

MORPG/ MMORPGing doesn't count it's out of the hands of the developers at that point, I don't think the term RPG should even apply as there few RP servers for most games and the level of roles to play aren't really what i would consider 'in-depth'

FF7 and FF8 where abotu just right, I believe that any good game should make you feel it should be longer, if I'm playing and thinking ..god I wish this was over cause it's soo fucking dull (see FFX) then it's failed.

I love the Legacy of Kain games but it has to be 10-15 hours tops and that's only if you fuck it up/ fuck around. But god damn I wanted to play the next installment straight after defiance I almost went out on a killing spree after that game .. sweet fuck it was soo damn cool but, then again Amy Henning is a greater game maker imo.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:58 am

ok,its not an RPG,but i played manhunt for about 130 hours,unrealistic u might think,but,i fucking loved it,i couldn't...no...WOULDN'T get bored of smashing someones head in using a bat,just pissed off i never got to use the chain saw,i spent my time at school daydreaming about then telling my mates how i was gonna fuck someone up(games wise)

in most blood games i have a blood lust that has never been saitfied, i mean,unreal, etc,you shoot someone in the head i expect shareds of brain flying,only RE2 has given me that with the shotgun and magmum,damn im off topic

but yeah,i agree with mik,

i was left at the end off FF7 thinking,"as if,cant i go around the world reciveing praise,more monsters,fight someother fucker"...then i get angry with the game for not being longer...yes i have issues