Mod Ur Console?

Everything from Console, PC & Handheld. This is the place your none On-line Graphic related play things go.
runawaygurl
Not-A-Deserter

Post by runawaygurl » Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:29 pm

I've painted my gamecube with nail polish.... does that count???
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:37 pm

Yea chewi dude, but its only a small program, theres a Gentoo installtion for it tho. So u know what that could mean ... I'm sure its Gentoo. Oh and yea dude, u can do some much with the hard ware inside, I stuck a Samsung DVD drive in, just cause I wanted to and its better and a 120gig hard drive with 55 games on it, plus space for more. Also my dad has 200gig one lol its great. I will get a pic of them soon
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:28 pm

Yeah it's Gentoo alright. Gentoox. :D http://gentoox.shallax.com

I'm surprised that you need to take a soldering iron to a PS2 in order to run Linux on it. Are you sure about that? Because you can actually buy official Sony PS2s with Linux already on them. You also get a keyboard and stuff. Gentoo is also an ideal distribution for the PS2 because all the stuff needs to be compiled for the MIPS processor, which most of the other distributions don't support. http://www.linuxplay.com
Last edited by Chewi on Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vandire
Vagabond

Post by Vandire » Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:33 pm

you dont need to take a soldering iron to it no, you can flash the bios and such using software and what not, or boot into linux, just more fun with all that isnt it
Massacre
Solider

Post by Massacre » Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:19 am

i did spraypaint my PS2 white to look like the special edition ones issued in japan. when i get around to taking a pic ill post it
TheSadKid
Civillian

Post by TheSadKid » Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:23 am

im thinking of getting my xbox modded. and suggestions on where to send it? b/c im not much of an eletronics person.
Massacre
Solider

Post by Massacre » Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:01 am

dont do what i did and try to do it urself. i almost painted the disk drive shut cuz i forgot to cover it but i caught it at the last second :D
TheSadKid
Civillian

Post by TheSadKid » Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:19 am

I was looking around and found This Site. If someone who knows what they are doing could give it a look and let me know if it looks like they know what they are doing and if they are overpriced. The ones hes done already look bad ass but the prices look kinda high.
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:54 pm

I do all the crap ourselfs. I enjoy it. U dont need to know alot, all u should get is guides
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:09 pm

Without causing too much uproar....the PS2 is far supirior to the X-BOX...

Whilst the X-BOX may boast better graphics...gameplay is heavyly reduced...sure the X-BOX has a built in HD...but the PS2 has more ports avaliable for upgrade....plus i have a hatred towards bill gates....why would people want to line his pockets with more money?

but on the plus side...the PS2 exclusivly has MGS:3
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:54 pm

listen the the crap you wrote.

and you ps2 fanboys piss me off.

with all this exclusive bullshit.
its cuzz deep down, you know that if it wasnt exclusive, their would be no reason at all to buy ps2 version games.

line billgates pockets?
people could give a shit about that.

Nobody buys an Xbox becuase is a Microsoft product.
But people certainly buy Playstation becuase its a sony product.

which is in turn like buying somthing simply cuzz it has the square logo on it.
which is in turn stupid becuase square could (and has) sell shit in a wrapper, as long as they remember to put their logo on it.
same goes for ps2.

Nobody buys an xbox for microsoft, they buy it cuzz reasonable judgement tells us that its the better machine of the two. becuase it has more to offer right out of the box. Becuase theyre not out right blackmailing companies to produce soley for them.
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:01 pm

Note I've never said anything bad about the Xbox except that time that Microsoft released an automatic update specifically to delete Linux from it.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:08 pm

that would be the only case in which you would jim.
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:11 pm

I'm sick of both PS fanboys and X-Boxs fanboys, this whole console war is totally fucked up. I mean who cares if u like either, X-Box or PS2, its ur only bloody option, I have both of them and I like them both, they both have there own ups and downs. Cant we all be like the fuckin gamecuber users, they say nothing. I havent once heard a GC users say "GC RULES JUST CAUSE IT HAS THIS AND THAT!!!"
Vandire
Vagabond

Post by Vandire » Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:39 pm

true, if i had the money, id own all three, the ps2, x-box and the game cube, cos i only own a console if it has a game i like on it, ps2 has the final fantasy series more or less, the x-box has halo, the game cube has phantasy sta online and super smash bros, each console, as echo says, has its good points or bad points.