D&D

Everything from Console, PC & Handheld. This is the place your none On-line Graphic related play things go.
Murton
Whelp

Post by Murton » Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:23 pm

Doesn't work on animated, only restless/twisted spirits. Not my rule, wierd DM. You could literally get away with writing any bullshit in 2nd and nobody could really argue. lol
Masteroftheweb
Vagabond

Post by Masteroftheweb » Wed Sep 22, 2004 10:04 pm

DM can argue

you can only do what the DM allows
Murton
Whelp

Post by Murton » Fri Sep 24, 2004 1:24 pm

Something for you guys to laugh at, I found it amusing anyway.

Clicky
Masteroftheweb
Vagabond

Post by Masteroftheweb » Fri Sep 24, 2004 4:53 pm

seen it, infact, I have it downloaded on my computer
Xuenay
Trainee

Post by Xuenay » Sun May 08, 2005 4:08 pm

Played 3rd and 3.5th ed both - don't know about the older editions. We had a DM who was rather ruthless about deaths... I think I had one character (a Wizard/Fatespinner) who survived past the tenth level. Tried just about every character class the core rules have as a result.

The cleric's my fave - they can fight, they can cast spells, they can heal, they can be diplomats. Psions prolly come out second - not as versatile, but they have psionic powers!

I don't know what's so bad in the fact that 3rd and 3.5th Ed are so versatile - I think it's just a good thing that there can dwarven samurai, elven barbarians and half-orcish wizards. Makes a cliched fantasy environment a bit more interesting...

Of course, D&D's mostly good for power-gaming heroic fantasy - if you want a game with something else than battles, or an actually original world, you're probably better off trying some other game system.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Mon May 09, 2005 12:51 pm

i only just started being interested in this because of Neverwinter Nights

i'm still lost though, and from what i hear, the NWN rules are hardly the real D&D rules

not that i care, i just want to play the damn game

anyway, i just thought i'd mention that.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Mon May 09, 2005 1:29 pm

Clerics are the most unbalanced class ever, in NWN they have serious problems
Xuenay
Trainee

Post by Xuenay » Tue May 10, 2005 1:37 pm

Lastwolf wrote:Clerics are the most unbalanced class ever, in NWN they have serious problems
Guess why I like them. ;)
Masteroftheweb
Vagabond

Post by Masteroftheweb » Wed May 11, 2005 10:19 pm

Xuenay wrote:Of course, D&D's mostly good for power-gaming heroic fantasy - if you want a game with something else than battles, or an actually original world, you're probably better off trying some other game system.

That's only true of 3rd, 2nd has lots of non-battle potental... for starters... the monster manual in 3rd tells you nothing more than battle tactics & stats. in 2nd edition (the superior edition... I've played 3.5, I know), it tells you how they live, how their cultures work, there natual enemies, and what they prefer to eat. Not all monsters have all of that, but they all have at least 1 of that.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Thu May 12, 2005 6:34 am

Lastwolf wrote:Clerics are the most unbalanced class ever, in NWN they have serious problems
i think that shadowdancer/rogue or rogue/ranger combo i came up with was pretty broken

of course i'm sure i'm not the ONLY person to come up with it, i mean hell it's staring you dead in the face. and who dosn't like the idea of dual weilding weapons?

anyway yeah, i just decided it would be a good idea because i love the rogue class, and all the dual weild stuff rangers get for free is a nice touch, i never DREAMED it would work this well

i've got a pet, bounses against certian enemy types (undead in my case) and MASSIVE damage through sneak attacking, and when you deal 2 or 3 extra hits a round, it's just crazy.

I haven't done the shadow dancer thing, and if i do do that, i'll have to add the dual weilding feats for their cost, but it looks quite good. i like how the pet gains stats based on your level rather then the spell you use. that should come in handy.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Thu May 12, 2005 9:38 am

We tried the Epic mobs in our NWN game, these guys are fucking next to impossible to kill (thanks to Duce's AC mess ups :/ )

I was playing as the cleric, which was dodgy cause I've never played one before, I could have solo'd the entire place if I knew my skills properly, Mass heal ! (skeletons explode), HARM (demon dies) Superior heal on the undead lord I broke 10,000 dmg
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Thu May 12, 2005 8:08 pm

i loathe the undead...

damn friggin sneak attack immunity
runawaygurl
Not-A-Deserter

Post by runawaygurl » Fri May 13, 2005 2:29 am

Am I the only chick that plays???
Vandire
Vagabond

Post by Vandire » Thu May 19, 2005 2:51 am

Nope lass, i know two...including you that is.
runawaygurl
Not-A-Deserter

Post by runawaygurl » Wed May 25, 2005 7:23 pm

Well atleast I'm not the only one! lol

I haven't played in a while... i want to... *pouts*