where are the online games?

Everything from Console, PC & Handheld. This is the place your none On-line Graphic related play things go.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Tue Jun 15, 2004 5:08 pm

aside from the FPS games and RPGs, where the hell are the others?
you'd think i'd be able to play an international game od soul caliber 2 by now.

or with all the stealth game clones sombody would have atleast made a online spy vs spy thing.

i mean damn....
Dynasty Warriors has like 6 games all of them similar and none of them online.
it'd be the realist real time strategy ever if they just decided to fool around with some network code.

and GTA.
i know theires a few reasons why getting networking on that game is complicated. but solve it even if you have to make a for cuts for that version.

even the modding community who are blessed with enuff knowledge to know how to manipulate an engine to no end....they do stupid shit like pump out super deathmatch modes.
Vandire
Vagabond

Post by Vandire » Tue Jun 15, 2004 5:10 pm

my fav mmorpg

http://www.ultimaro.com

about slightly over a gig of client and patches to dld, but i love it

Ragnarok online!
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Tue Jun 15, 2004 5:13 pm

but its an rpg.
i want to play somthing different.
Vandire
Vagabond

Post by Vandire » Tue Jun 15, 2004 5:49 pm

nothing wrong with an rpg

erm, starcraft?

duno to be honest, never really been into it all

but ro changed that
Massacre
Solider

Post by Massacre » Tue Jun 15, 2004 9:52 pm

i could see a online fighter in fact i do believe they are making DOA online soon but theres not much i could see happening. online sports games would be too tedious and there are GTA online mods but for the most part they are still in the developmental stage and i cant see that being a very good mutilplayer game anyways unless it was co-op.
iMak
Civillian

Post by iMak » Wed Jun 16, 2004 3:04 am

There is a fan made GTA multiplayer game, for the PC version obviously. Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow is close to spy vs spy gameplay but it can still be deathmatch.

XBox live is what you want for online fighting games. Capcom Vs. SNK2 for example even though most people use blanka apparently.

And then there are RTS games.
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Wed Jun 16, 2004 1:16 pm

There's a simple reason why beat 'em ups haven't gone multiplayer outside of the living room. Lag. Everything is happening too fast and in a too detailed manner for it to be possible. I think this could also apply to some sports games but I'm not sure.

Though interestingly, my final year project for next year is to create a multiplayer virtual football game. It needs to allow at least two players and up to one player for each person on the pitch to join in. Lag won't be much of an issue though. The "virtual" part means that it will be a turn-based game.
Darkside
Enforcer

Post by Darkside » Tue Aug 10, 2004 5:40 am

Here's some others...

Socom 1 and 2 (war shit)
Diablo 1 and 2 (Awsome game...must play...well part 2 at least...and it's free online)
Resident evil outbrake.(i haven't played it online, but i've read many good things about the online gameing)
Midnight club 2 (illegal street racing game)

There's a bunch of sports games online. never played them, don't care to.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Tue Aug 10, 2004 5:59 am

i cant wait for resident evil
Darkside
Enforcer

Post by Darkside » Tue Aug 10, 2004 6:08 pm

Chewi wrote:There's a simple reason why beat 'em ups haven't gone multiplayer outside of the living room. Lag. Everything is happening too fast and in a too detailed manner for it to be possible. I think this could also apply to some sports games but I'm not sure.
Where have you been? If you mean beat'em up by fighting games...there has been online games. Two that i can remember, Dead or alive 3(suck box...xbox) and the next Mortal Kombat game. I know there's others, just gotta think of them. could be wrong about doa3, just going by what i read. MK is for sure.

just forgot about those fighting games...woulda mentioned them in my other post.

Just so you know chewi, yes there have been many sports games with online play, it is possible and they most likley run smoothly.
Last edited by Darkside on Tue Aug 10, 2004 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:20 pm

Okay I'm no expert, so yeah I'm probably wrong. Though I would still say that it is tricky to do this well so that's perhaps why you don't see more of these games with online play.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:29 pm

they can do midniht club 2.....they can do tekken
Darkside
Enforcer

Post by Darkside » Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:56 pm

Chewi wrote:Okay I'm no expert, so yeah I'm probably wrong. Though I would still say that it is tricky to do this well so that's perhaps why you don't see more of these games with online play.
Well, they aren't going to stop making online sports games. next madden game is online, and most likley all other sports will be online. Def Jam Vendetta fight for NY(fighting game) would have been online, they just didn't have the time to put that in. Smackdown VS Raw(wrestling) May be online, their Beta testing right now. There's going to be a lot more fighting games online in the furtue.