Square Enix Europe

Everything from Console, PC & Handheld. This is the place your none On-line Graphic related play things go.
Vandire
Vagabond

Post by Vandire » Thu Jul 22, 2004 10:05 am

The new head of Square Enix's European operations John Yamamoto has outlined his visions for his company's role on the European market. As previously reported, the former Atlus executive will oversee the transition of Square Enix's London-based subsidary from a localization studio, which has worked together with various publishers such as Sony Computer Entertainment Europe, Ubi Soft and Electronic Arts, into a full-fledged publisher. As a first step into this new direction, Square Enix will act as publisher of Final Fantasy XI's European version, which is due for a September 16th release. While Square Enix will also be in charge of the marketing efforts, Ubi Soft will distribute the package.
As a second step, the creation of distribution channels is planned so that the company can start publishing its own titles by the time Final Fantasy XII and Kingdom Hearts II become available sometime during the next fiscal year. This change will also mean that European fans can expect to see more Square Enix titles making their way to European shores in the future. Yamamoto called the company's European expansion as a commerical one, explaining that for Square Enix to continue growing at times when the Japanese market is still on the decline, it is essential to be well-positioned in the US and Europe. While he admitted Europe was a very complex market, he was optimistic that titles like Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts would ensure Square Enix's success there, just like it did in Japan and the US. Accordingly ambitious is the sales target for the next fiscal year, as the CEO and president is aiming for sales of four million units. So far however, it remains to be seen which titles will be included in this upcoming line-up. While Kingdom Hearts II is very likely to make it in time, the odds that Final Fantasy XII will make it are lower.

Asked about the possibility about the development of original content in Europe, Yamamoto mentioned he saw this is a future option, however for the time being, product-related business at the London office will be restricted to translation and localisation work.

Square Enix is also working on bringing its immensly popular manga and anime series Hagane no Renkinjutsushi (Full Metal Alchemist) to Europe. Furthermore, the company is cooperating with Mascrospace in making games like Actraiser and Drag-on Dragoon (Drakengard) available to European cell-phone users.

woo, square enix europe gona be publishing soon enough, hehehe, looking forward to it
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Fri Jul 23, 2004 8:03 pm

thats Gonna mean more Cool FF adverts on T.V again....maybe sooner releases
Masteroftheweb
Vagabond

Post by Masteroftheweb » Sun Jul 25, 2004 6:30 pm

man drakengard sucked...

and so does full metal alchemist
Last edited by Masteroftheweb on Sun Jul 25, 2004 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Evil Matt
Enforcer

Post by Evil Matt » Sun Jul 25, 2004 10:46 pm

Maybe Europe will get it's very own Secret of Evermore.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Sun Jul 25, 2004 11:57 pm

secret of evermore is the whole reason i think this is a bad idea.
Evil Matt
Enforcer

Post by Evil Matt » Mon Jul 26, 2004 1:22 am

I thought it was a highly underrated game. I like it.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Mon Jul 26, 2004 2:11 am

the best thing about secert of evermore was the animated commercial .

the puppy vomited into a full grown wolf.
badass

when you see the transform in game its very dissapointing.
i much preffered SOM. it played about the same I thing.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Sat Aug 07, 2004 12:55 am

vomited into a wolf.....cool...i wanna see that

i was happy to see FF adverts bk on t.v for FFX...last set of ads we had was FFVIII