Doom 3 is done.

Everything from Console, PC & Handheld. This is the place your none On-line Graphic related play things go.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Tue Jul 20, 2004 4:41 pm

and it ships Augest 3rd.

i think most people are looking at october for the xbox date.
Last edited by kaos on Tue Jul 20, 2004 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Tue Jul 20, 2004 4:59 pm

oh yeah. official system specs.

- A 1.5-gigahertz Intel Pentium 4 chip or AMD Athlon 1500.
- 384 megabytes of memory.
- Two gigabytes of hard drive space.
- An nVidia GeForce 3 graphics card or better; or an ATI Technologies 8500 or better.

no clue if thats a minimum but my pc is cleard for game play

as usual the better the specs, the better the performance.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Tue Jul 20, 2004 5:15 pm

lies.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Tue Jul 20, 2004 5:54 pm

Lastwolf wrote:lies.
tis true

gutted like my pc wont run it
my stuipid onboard graphics card would die if i trued
halo runs quite well tho
Massacre
Solider

Post by Massacre » Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:35 pm

kaos wrote: - A 1.5-gigahertz Intel Pentium 4 chip or AMD Athlon 1500.
- 384 megabytes of memory.
- Two gigabytes of hard drive space.
- An nVidia GeForce 3 graphics card or better; or an ATI Technologies 8500 or better.

HA! like Will said , lies. if UT2k3 takes up 3 gigs than Doom 3 will take up much more than 2. I also doubt that the rest of those specs are accurate unless the new graphics engine that id developed is even more revolutionary than i previously heard.

also y would u want it for Xbox. Aside from that entire console sucking theres the proven fact he FPS games dont work well on consoles.
Last edited by Massacre on Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nosferatu
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Nosferatu » Tue Jul 20, 2004 7:46 pm

while you make a good point, the fact is, there is occasionally that good fps on a console. ask any xbox owning halo fan.
Massacre
Solider

Post by Massacre » Tue Jul 20, 2004 8:11 pm

ill give u that Halo is the life blood of Xbox though without it Xbox prolly wouldnt have gotten too far
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Tue Jul 20, 2004 10:47 pm

Paradigm wrote:HA! like Will said , lies. if UT2k3 takes up 3 gigs than Doom 3 will take up much more than 2. I also doubt that the rest of those specs are accurate unless the new graphics engine that id developed is even more revolutionary than i previously heard.

also y would u want it for Xbox. Aside from that entire console sucking theres the proven fact he FPS games dont work well on consoles.

you can not accurate guage one games hardrive space based on some other games hard drive space.
the engines are differnt and as a result they go thru different methods to acheive the same goal.

before ut2k3 static meshes wernt really used as much as they could have been.
and you also have to remember that the graphics you see in every doom3 screen shot doesnt mean the the models are really that heavy polygon wise.

with bump mapping you can pull off some really heavy shit, without taxing the the poly count. those specs came from a developer as well.

and the only reason you have an issue with xbox is cuzz:
a: you have no mind or your own
b: youre pissed about the fact you dont have one
c: both
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Tue Jul 20, 2004 10:49 pm

I don't like the colour green that's my main reason.
Last edited by Mik on Tue Jul 20, 2004 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Tue Jul 20, 2004 10:53 pm

you also dont like the color Metal Gear.
Massacre
Solider

Post by Massacre » Wed Jul 21, 2004 2:25 pm

kaos wrote:and the only reason you have an issue with xbox is cuzz:
a: you have no mind or your own
b: youre pissed about the fact you dont have one
c: both
only reason huh? that looks like 3 to me or 2 depending on whether u consider the last one a reson at all.

so lets see, ur saying that all people who dont own an xbox are stupid and are only mad about it cuz they dont have one? id rather have a gamecube than an xbox and thats saying alot cuz gamecube sucks too. i felt that ur reasons needed a little editing

the reasons i have an issue with are:
a: it has maybe upwards of 3 good games, one of which was way overhyped
b: if i did id be jumping on the microsoft bandwagon saying "yay Bill Gates has created another world wonder!"
c: if i owned one id be associated with people like u

there we go

so yea back to Doom3. i still think ill have to upgrade my machine in order to play it smoothly but it shouldnt take too much. im more worried about the price. ive heard talk about companies upping the standard $50 price for new games to $60. doesnt seem like much but it is for peopel like me
Last edited by Massacre on Wed Jul 21, 2004 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Wed Jul 21, 2004 3:27 pm

you provide a good argument.....when you put the words in your oppenants mouth and argue against things they never said.

the bandwagon bus happens to be on the other side o the line were the "lets all hate microsoft" sheep live.

im not about console wars, thats pointless.

so i dont hate or love one system over another.
I use common sense rather than propoganda to base my gaming conclusionson.
Last edited by kaos on Wed Jul 21, 2004 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vandire
Vagabond

Post by Vandire » Wed Jul 21, 2004 3:45 pm

do the senseible thing, i only get a system if theres a few games i like for it, atm the pc is best for me, cos i enjoy playing older games, and my pc can barely handle B&W so doom 3 is out, not that id play it anyway
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Wed Jul 21, 2004 3:57 pm

Yea console wars are a waste of time I own or owned most of the systems are there so I have my opinions on. And sayin a game which was overhyped, and did fuckin well isnt right. I mean Halo was good. And ppl who has played it said it was good thats all. U heard the views of players who played it and seen it. Overhyped is a lil far i feel. Maybe they shouldnt of talked about to much but still. Doom 3 I cant wait for but I will use it on the X-box thats why I have it. I agree FPS's are never as good on consoles but I'm not puttin the PC through the system stress. And no up grading for the cause of it. But Doom does look f**kin good!
Massacre
Solider

Post by Massacre » Wed Jul 21, 2004 5:04 pm

kaos wrote:you provide a good argument.....when you put the words in your oppenants mouth and argue against things they never said.

the bandwagon bus happens to be on the other side o the line were the "lets all hate microsoft" sheep live.
it is possible for there to be more than 1 bandwagon buddy. and if i really hated microsoft would i use Windows? although windows has its fair share of problems id still prefer it over mac or sumthin

and as far as putting words in people's mouths werent u the one who said i was just angry that i didnt have an xbox when i said nothing to even suggest that point?

besides its a forum pal. people post their opinions and u have to live with them thats how it works. i was simply replying to something Nos said and u threw it in my face when i wasnt even talknig to u

i never said ur wrong for liking xbox i simply said it was imo that xbox sucked so like i said before live with it. the only opinion of urs that i said was wrong was ur opinion about me and y i didnt like xbox

so once again, trying to steer back in the direction of the topic, sure i may have been stretching it when i said overhyped but i just think that halo was good but could have been much better.

and to agree with yasuo pc is honestly the best cuz almost anything a console can do a pc can do better provided its powerful enough