FF and LOTR

Everything from Console, PC & Handheld. This is the place your none On-line Graphic related play things go.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Mon Jul 19, 2004 2:57 am

ok imagine this

theres the Lord Of The Rings Story...piled into a FF game...the Movies..the fight system..

done properly(by Square)...i think this game could rul...what u think?
Masteroftheweb
Vagabond

Post by Masteroftheweb » Mon Jul 19, 2004 4:14 am

I'd pass
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Mon Jul 19, 2004 4:42 am

theyre already doing this.
its not made by square tho.

its called LOTR : the third age.

it takes place during the movie story line. but uses none of the core characters.

all the main characters are actually in the movies i think. but they have like 3 seconds of screen time each and you dont really catch their names.

from what ive read your party has its own quest seperate from the one dealing with the ring. but some of the stuff they do may turn out to be things that do support or lay ground work the ring quest.

the combat system is like FF/
they even included summons.

I'm interested in playing it simply because they chose a different cast than gandalf and company AND decided not to base the game around the ring.

Also I think i read somthing about being able to play as the dark side.

I read all of this about 2 months ago so some of it could be inaccurate.

but heres a link the the official website.
they have a teaser trailer showing the combat system.

http://www.eagames.com/official/lordofther.../home.jsp?ncc=1

it looks like it might be worth getting. specially for any middle earth nut.
Massacre
Solider

Post by Massacre » Mon Jul 19, 2004 4:46 am

doesnt look half bad
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Mon Jul 19, 2004 12:58 pm

MOTW u dont know good games

if square was doing it it would be better
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Mon Jul 19, 2004 1:40 pm

that's debatable LOTR is a very westernised tale its basis is a pseudo-Dark Ages world. Square whilst dealign with similar concepts always have eastern element to it and the clash might be off putting in the game.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Mon Jul 19, 2004 2:14 pm

besides. youre acting like square is synonomus with king midas.

everything they touch isnt fucking gold dammit.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Mon Jul 19, 2004 3:09 pm

But it could be
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Mon Jul 19, 2004 3:15 pm

youre a lost cause.
Massacre
Solider

Post by Massacre » Mon Jul 19, 2004 4:21 pm

yes shinra we know square is great but first of all there are better games than FF and second of all square is capable of making a bad game *cough*X-2*cough*
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Mon Jul 19, 2004 4:53 pm

when i put square..i meant it would have to be square cos of the FF theme...come on guys...they do the battle system best....the magic would be good...and the summons...come on!!

Plus..EA games have fucked alota things up...like TLOTR...both PS2 games licked balls..they had good points but i would more rather see a LOTR game that starts off in the first film...u play frodo..go to the party....a game that follows the whole film....not some crappy side line...i think square enix could do this the best

And Paradigm..FFX-2 had many good points....im sure....i mean i am still trying to find them...but the game is worth..*cough Absolutly nothing cough cough* something?
Masteroftheweb
Vagabond

Post by Masteroftheweb » Mon Jul 19, 2004 4:54 pm

Shinra wrote:MOTW u dont know good games

if square was doing it it would be better

I know good games... and good games is something square enix is lacking on in recent times
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Mon Jul 19, 2004 5:13 pm

Shinra wrote:when i put square..i meant it would have to be square cos of the FF theme...come on guys...they do the battle system best....the magic would be good...and the summons...come on!!

Plus..EA games have fucked alota things up...like TLOTR...both PS2 games licked balls..they had good points but i would more rather see a LOTR game that starts off in the first film...u play frodo..go to the party....a game that follows the whole film....not some crappy side line...i think square enix could do this the best

And Paradigm..FFX-2 had many good points....im sure....i mean i am still trying to find them...but the game is worth..*cough Absolutly nothing cough cough* something?
FFX2 only good point was custom chaninging. but oh wait thats limited as hell and other games do a better job at it. sports games.

square does NOT need to make it.
if you read anything and saw the video you'd know the battle engine is fit(in that it looks like a total rippoff with a few awsome aditions).
and like mik said if japanese people made we'd be fighting demons and the elves would have a stupid semi ninja theme. and the main character would be the average american white boy and every scene would be directed like anime.
thats not LOTR.

square would royaly fuck it up just becuase they are japanese and japanese based and naturally carry japanese influence in all the work they do.

we've all seen american cartoons that emulate anime and turn out to be pure crap.
I gurantee you it works the same way when you flip the equation.

I dont understand what the problem with a side story is either. its a good move. the ring side of middle earth has been done to death and is nearly exhuasted. the world of middle earth goes far beyond the glance at it you get in the movies. by creating a side story they can show you much much more of it. in the long run they keep LOTR fresh instead of boring you to death.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Mon Jul 19, 2004 6:37 pm

Square europe?
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Mon Jul 19, 2004 6:46 pm

when the hell has square europe ever made a FF?