Wolf Among Us

Everything from Console, PC & Handheld. This is the place your none On-line Graphic related play things go.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Wolf Among Us

Post by Mik » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:05 pm

Played this last week, I was just getting into it, episode over I understand why they build the game this way, I just don't like it.

Will have to wait till it's all out before I play again, so like a year and change.

It's interesting game though.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Re: Wolf Among Us

Post by Mik » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:31 am

They need to come out with a season 2 of this or I'm gonna have to start reading the comic books, what a fucking liberty, how dare they make me work to get content.

I'll do it though, that's an honest to god threat internets, I WILL, I'll not just read the wiki and then pretend I have a different interpretation of the the subtler aspects of the story, rather than making shit up but I'll fucking read the shit out of them.

Prolly on a kindle or something though, I'm not a savage.

You have been warned.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:08 pm

I've heard the game is better than its Walking Dead cousin. But I'm so invested, I don't even see how that's possible. Besides, Walking Dead season two had like 4 possible endings.
And not that choose red or blue shirt either.
Real WTF!? that's completely different endings.

In today's era of games, That's pretty insane.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:38 pm

Well, a lot of the time the choices are false, in Wolf the decisions are fairly irrelevant to the central plot of the game.

You can be as much of an asshole to the characters involved 'Toad will remember that' or as nice 'Snow appreciates your honesty' as you like but they will never refuse to speak you/ help you regardless of your choices, if the plot dicated that they do. You're given choice of blue, red or green shirt, sam will always shoot dean but his level of remorse is altered. I kinda don't mind it as a system because everyones experience is slightly different but fundimentally the same.

There is also some value for a replay, if you are the kinda guy that likes to do that sort of thing, which in this day and age is a dying breed.

I think there was an alternative ending in wolf too now that I think of it, the problem of 'alternative' endings is that fundimentally they all have to net as zero to continue the plot in the next season, otherwise you have this ever branching system that continually needs more and more footage/voice acting.

What I mean is;

The ending of season 1, Sam or Dean dies, Season 2 there has to be a story where dean is alive or sam is, so there are going to be a lot of small scenes that either need to be totally rewritten or dupilcated.

If Sam is dead then Debbie is upset, if Dean is dead she is relieved and so on and so forth.

This is expensive as fuck, so what you find is, A. They don't do these kind of choices or B. Debbie is always upset regardless of who dies or C. They find a way to negate/ neturalise the choice, like both characters die anyway, Sam shoots Dean but is later hit by a truck or Dean kills Sam but later kills himself.

So your experience has been altered compared to mine, but ultimately everyone has netted the same experience, that the city has been saved from the invasion of the rabbits and we are dealing with the same core elements of story.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:54 am

I don't want to spoil too much. but Walking dead did do the same things you mentions right up till the last few choices.

2 of which ultimately put you in one of 2 different physical locations several states apart from each other.

Its like Whoa! how they gonna sew that up? or are they gonna commit to a split here?
I know all the reasons they should stitch it up nice.
but maybe somebody will be like...."well, its not like we don't have the budget to back it up"
either way, I made a second save and I'me ready for season 3.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:34 pm

I recently listened to an interview, of sorts, with one the writers of Season 1 episode 4 of the Walking dead game and he seemed to allude they did make alternatives for all the plot, as it had like a flow chart program for figurring out how the final scene plays out to the user dependant on your choices and around 500 pages of scripting. So .. wow.

I still find what I described as an impressive game/storytelling vehicle, despite my critic of it, if they did what he claimed then I can forgive the lead times of 6 months per episode, but it didn't feel like they did in Wolf, however the small differences alone is triple the work of a normal game so, guess I can fuck off :D.