This is pretty cool

Everything from Console, PC & Handheld. This is the place your none On-line Graphic related play things go.
Matt
Noble Warrior

This is pretty cool

Post by Matt » Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:35 am

Valve today enabled free Steam registration for Unreal Tournament 3, allowing owners of Epic's multiplayer shooter to prepare for the the large upcoming patch.

The update will bring over 50 Steamworks Achievements, along with "a host of new features and enhancements in AI, Server Browsing, Demo Recording, Mod Support, and more." A more detailed list of the upcoming changes is avaliable here.

Registration is a simple matter of clicking the main Steam menu option "Games" and selecting "Activate a product on Steam."
http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/57004
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Re: This is pretty cool

Post by Chewi » Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:37 am

Echo, did you ever play it in the end? :P
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:13 am

yea it shows me how much i suck and how i will never get out of CSS mode
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:57 am

I hate CSS so hard it's unbelieveable.
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:35 pm

ur just a noob lol. Yea its gonna be hard. U got to remember that game has been round since the wheel was invented. So many good players on it these days. Still love the game tho
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:43 pm

It's not that I'm crap at it. It's just an awful game. I've hated it since before the wheel, lol.

It was seen as the pinacle of gaming, but all it consisted of was rude kids and bunny hopping.

COD4 is where it's at right now.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:16 pm

Matt wrote:It's not that I'm crap at it. It's just an awful game. I've hated it since before the wheel, lol.

It was seen as the pinacle of gaming, but all it consisted of was rude kids and bunny hopping.

COD4 is where it's at right now.

That sounds a whole hell of a lot like HALO.

And yes, its odd, but I've also noticed the military shooters seems to have more pleasant community, and people arent all hoppy twichy.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:27 pm

Cod4 BAH!

This level-up-Battlefield-Vietnam-made-for-console FPS bullshit pisses me off. You earn points to level up so you can custom decal your gun ffs ... >< not important, I'll never understand their hate against a HUD either, Hardcore mode my ass, you regen anyway.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:52 pm

Oh, I fucking hate hardcore mode. I don't see the point in it at all. COD4 has it's mechanics, then for some fucked up reason they take it all away and give you pick ups and power ups. Bullshit.

I think the leveling up is a good thing. At least, I enjoyed it. I didn't understand the console versions, though. No fucking server list and this prestige mode? wtf is this? Lose all my hard work for a fancy icon? No ta!
Squirrel
Vagabond

Post by Squirrel » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:25 pm

I played COD3 never COD4 though. Tbh I suck at COD, so am probably biased in saying that I prefer UT. Halo ain't so bad...but hasn't got the awesomeness and comical value as UT.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:20 am

I still get hooked on the first UT =D

I bought the Anthology that James showed me at his house, then bought UT3. The very first UT is also where it's at (whatever it is)
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:26 am

On CSS you just got to pick ur servers wisely. You will find annoyin kids on whatever game .. its a fact. There everywhere, thats why i play on servers that usually contain adults or respect clans. For a while i played on the SA server as they were pretty good and they close it off for a certain number of ppl and its a good laugh.

You can and cant compair COD with CSS, there a different FPS style, CSS use rounds which i like, if u die ... u die. And the good players are rewarded with money and the shit players are awarded with fuck all or lil money. No ranks or shit. Ranks or level up just describe how long someone plays for ..... i can boast up my lvl ups if i played all night on a shit server. But ur money is wiped after ever game.

Again the how u play style is different. To me COD is more like halo ... its like a party game. I mean it has the everyone vs all mode on it. So theres no need for teamwork, even in the team vs team. Also ur only goal is to kill as much ppl u can. Which CSS u either got to guard the set the bomb or save the hostages. Or kill everyone. But there more a goal to keep pushin u. And more of a teamwork to achive your goal.

If i wanted a party game like halo and COD i play UT as it more fast paced and far better than halo. I play COD cause it had the chance to be like CSS but still have to move fast and cant take ur time.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:29 pm

I can't agree that COD4 is like a party game. It's inaccessable to parties on the PC, though they've gone leaps and bounds to make it easier to party on the console.

I actually enjoy Sabotage, Search and Destroy and bomb planting on COD4, so it's not like it's the game modes of CSS I can't do with, it's just the entire game.