Sony: No BC will make you buy more PS3 games

Everything from Console, PC & Handheld. This is the place your none On-line Graphic related play things go.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:30 pm

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/ar ... G-News-RSS
Sony's own research apparently showed that compatibility with PlayStation 2 games isn't likely to be missed by customers, who should already own the older system.
Fucking disgusting. To be quite honest, I think the PS3 SHOULD have backwards compatibility and I feel the PS3 should STILL be cheaper.

Why should I already own an old PS2? I don't own an old XBOX. No, my 360 plays most of the games I owned. What if I don't own a PS2 anymore? What if I want to play MGS3 in the weeks coming up to the release of MGS4?

Well done, Sony. Shit on your customers again. Just because some people wouldn't miss it, doesn't mean we all wouldn't.
Last edited by Matt on Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:23 pm

I own a Ps2 and an XboX and an XboX360 usually I only pick one console per generation (I won the XboX in a competition), I made my choice and I keep old consoles for a long time and I usually don't play to many old games. tbh I think they fuck with them cause PSX games on the PS2 look like shit (as compared to poor).

If you want BC you can pay for it, they still aren't making money on this console, even with their retardo pricey.
Last edited by Mik on Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:51 pm

Lastwolf wrote:If you want BC you can pay for it, they still aren't making money on this console, even with their retardo pricey.
Aye, but I've read somewhere else they're on about phasing it out adn getting rid all together.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:44 pm

I dont think BC is a huge loss for any console

however its a huge gain.
especially if the consoles predecessor had a few killer aps.

ps2 had plenty.

So I wouldnt say it was a loss.
but really it does seem like wtf? kinda move.

BC helped 360 in its first few months, games were coming in a bit slow.
but at this point if 360 suddenly stopped the BC it wouldnt make much difference.

ps3 needs what the hell ever they can get right now.
The only games people are looking forward to on the system are MGS4 and FF13

and while MGS has a massive fan base, it isnt really a series with a fanbase that can single handedly rescue the system.

ff13....
well theirs a good chance that will turn out awful.
Bogey
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Bogey » Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:42 am

I really don't want to clog up my TV stand with all my old consoles. Do Sony expect people want to have a series of playstations lined up next to their TVs? Plus the kind of people who can afford a PS3 anyway is going to have other consoles too.

Looks like Sony know exactly what the customer want, that's why their outselling the other consoles. And their PSP? A masterpiece, left DS in the dust.
Xanien
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Xanien » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:26 am

Well, I'm not planning on buying a PS3 until Xmas 2008 or after now. It's a waste of money if you ask me. I don't even think they could catch up to Nintendo now if they cut the price to $250 now. And aren't the games still $70 a pop?
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:05 am

CVG did a good thing on the wii.

67% of wii owners hasnt touched there wii for a while which i can believe. To me theres nothin really wow out for it at the mo. Since sport going boring theres nothin else that really makes me look like an idoit in my living room. Hopefully the new tennis game will bring it to life.

But yea Sony dropping BC is a real shit. Theres still a good bit of PS2 games and maybe some PS1 games still worth playin, every now and again. And i might have every other console apart from the ps3 yet but i was hoping when i get one i could store away the ps2 and ps1 so i can play there games on the ps3.

The only reason i have the xbox out is i turned the thing in to a Media Center. Chipped, 500gig hdd and then install XBMC and its great.

I cant play all the games i want on the 360 but i can deal with that.

The wii is good my game cube is all away. ... apart from the contollers
Bogey
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Bogey » Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:55 pm

Actually thinking about it, you'd gimp certain PS titles playing them on the PS3 because they don't have a rumble feature anymore, I just got too used to that on some games.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:21 pm

not for much longer. Sony are releasing that again, aren't they?
Xanien
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Xanien » Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:05 am

The PS3 Dual Shock doesn't have rumble? WTF?
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:24 am

Yea PS3 lost dual shock, due to copyright/patients (sp) reasons, they were sued a great deal, they could of paid a pentcentage of the price like MS but they said no and got sued alot more than the price the company asked for. XD I think Nintendo owns them or something. Cant remember the details as much now.

But from what i heard they done something and theres a new set of controllers coming out with rumble feature but i havent heard from it for a while
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:40 am

I think Nintendo's rumble function just happened to work in a whole different manner, so they avoided all the drama.

unlike Sony who just decided to be a drama queen
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:08 am

And unlike MicroSoft who just paid for it... or wait mabye they bought the company, one of the two.
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:08 pm

aye i think MS and Nintendo brought the company over or something now if i remind right
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:56 pm

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/ar ... ?id=174252

There ya go about the news about Dual shock coming to the ps3.