64bit far Cry

Everything from Console, PC & Handheld. This is the place your none On-line Graphic related play things go.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:25 pm

as far as I'm concerned with "next gen" it has absolutely nothing at all to do with graphics.

so lighting be damned.

call me back when you got realtime clothing and hair effects, that include collision, that arent faked or preanimated.

or when the game can "play itself" and doesn't need or even ask me to lift a finger, and yet if I do it still gives me an really good experience.

I'm so sick of this "only you" can do this quest shit.

it became really apparent in Oblivion.

NPCS would have you do quests for stupid time wasting shit that anybody could do.
but no...since I'm the player, ONLY I can do you grocery shopping.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:24 pm

Oh god I hate Oblivion. I had it bought for me and I've played it about three times. I get so damn bored.

and surely next gen would be just something better than the current gen. I think what you're looking for is "vast improvements" instead of "shinier stuff" :lol:

EDIT:

also, I'd like to think MGS4 has some next gen elements to it. They've really improved the AI, apparently and managed to squeeze ina few gameplay elements I think were out of reach on the PS2.
Last edited by Matt on Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:45 am

I remember enabling bloom in JDoom. That was the first time I'd ever heard of it. It made it run like a dog (though my system is crap) and it looked pretty shit, to be honest. But then, DOOM wasn't really meant to look like that.