Halo 3 reviews are in

Everything from Console, PC & Handheld. This is the place your none On-line Graphic related play things go.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:19 pm

kaos wrote:Did you know if you find the Michelle Rodriguez grunt in Halo2 and stare at her she'll say "you couldn't handle me"
but i'd be worth trying

Resident evil has a book series as well it's not uncommon.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:20 pm

even doom and diablo have books.
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:23 am

yea book arnt uncommon, I like books from games there usually not so great but it gives u a whole new opinion on the game and a new look. I mean with Halo if u ever thing about the story u kinda think .... if 1 spartan can take on the convent where the fuck are the rest of them and it gives u an idea what is happening. Thats what i like.

I've got a few others too which i enjoy from games
Melana
Distgrunted Hero

Post by Melana » Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:44 am

I think i saw perfect dark books once.

I personally think that books are safer then movies, at least with books it's written by people who really love the game and the universe in which it's set and want to add and enrich it. Movies just want to make a buck on all the fans.

Well that's usually the case.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:59 pm

I beg to differ the guy who wrote the R:E movie books is fucking terrible, don't care that he made a huge battletech referance (two character named on a splice of Randall Bills and Loren Coleman)

I can't confirm since he uses pen names but I think he's 'Martin Del Rio' (another pen name) who is top of my shit list, when it comes to authors.
Squirrel
Vagabond

Post by Squirrel » Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:23 pm

I so want to play this game. I want to play this game more than I want my baby daughter in my arms...okay that's going a lil OTT. But seriously, the only downside to me is the fucking cost, and the fact that you can only play this shit on an Xbox 360. So my Xbox not good enough for you anymore Bill Gates? Fucking wanker!
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:08 am

To be honest lass dont get ur hopes up. I spend £70 on the legendary and £50 on the collectors so i can get one on the day and i finished it in half a day. Its very short. The graphics are good and shiny but thats it. I like the story but even the end was dissapointing. It should of been end of the earth!!!!! But noooooo. Anyways like i said dont get ur hopes up.
XenoRaven
Enforcer

Post by XenoRaven » Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:54 pm

Unless you really enjoyed the past games, which Halo 3 is better than in every possible aspect.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:18 pm

Unless you're really sad and obsess over this game far too much for it to be considered anything near healthy.
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:52 am

Yea i admit its pretty much better. I do like the others. And at least if kinda finishes it with a shit anime ending* its graphicly better, the game play is better and theres more features like any other sequal ... i dont know much sequals which alter from there own like GTA steal car kill ppl, RE .... kill zombies and then some more and with Halo, kill some aliens.

Games are to repeatative but what can u do.

* Reason why i said shit anime ending was most anime i seen and that ends either is really bad or leaves it full of holes and un answered questions ... then u dont see another series ... ever!
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:21 pm

There's a lot of things you can do during the actual game that fill in the holes, like actually reading the terminals (if you can find them) Chances are you don't understand the ending because you don't know exactly what it means. Do some online research, I'm not gonna spoil it for you.
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:12 am

I know about the ending and shit i kinda get it i thought it was pretty weak i was hoping for something else. It looked like the start of Mathron but bungie said its 2 different things. But i like closesure cause some ass will probaly make a shitty spin off.

And yea its actually cool they added a few other things to do like read the termials and the skulls and some other shit. I thought that was alright.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:19 am

EchoPark wrote:But i like closesure cause some ass will probaly make a shitty spin off.

Halo Wars is already in development

This is gonna be the new silly cash cow.

just imagine.

They'll probably make a Halo game for every Genre.

Its probably not long at all till we see a Halo RPG
that has a "battle system" thats just Halo Deathmatch with expandable hit points.

that may actually be a fun way to handle an rpg battle system actually.
Last edited by kaos on Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:42 am

Halo Sims...
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:50 am

Yea i knew about Halo Wars and in alot of ways its gonna be awful but it could be fun.

And am agaisnt RTS on consoles so i'll need to wait for a PC verison. LOL

But yea i do believe by not doing closure they make future spin offs. Then again some games will probaly come out on the same time line when the games and books are going.

Halo: The Marnies Fight! maybe some cannon fodder game like that lol

I do believe ms will rape the name if they can now with how bungie left. I think when gaz told me that i was suppose to break down in tears of something but Bungie themselfs made Marthon which could of been a Doom and Quake killer if it was PC and there were already started to make Halo on the mac till MS pushed there way in to have it on the xbox