so hows bio shock?

Everything from Console, PC & Handheld. This is the place your none On-line Graphic related play things go.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:43 pm

i dont foresee me playing it or much of anything else in the near future, so somebody at least lemme know something.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:01 pm

The review I read made it look epic. It stated already that it has replay value.
XenoRaven
Enforcer

Post by XenoRaven » Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:06 pm

The demo is decent. I'm really looking forward to playing the whole game though. What I've heard from those who have played it has me pretty excited. It sounds like the game really tries to let the environment you're in, and the character interactions you have be used logically. For example, you can set a person on fire, they run to the water to put themselves out, and then you shock the water and fry them. Or, like in the E3 demo, you set a teddy bear on fire, and use your psychic powers to make the teddy bear go around an enemy and set the tanks on his back on fire. So essentially, it's attempting to try and build a true-to-life game world, where your mind is no longer bound by game physics. So if you see something that in any other game that is normally a placeholder object, and you want to use that object to defeat your enemy by interacting with it in a certain way, you can. That's something I've been waiting for for a loooooooooooooooooooong time. To be quite honest, I don't think this game will do it to the level I'd like to see it. But, I do think it's a step in the right direction. And I think this game will turn out to be very important when you start looking at games that will be coming out in the future. Assassin's Creed is another one. Games like these are going to start letting the gamer essentially create their own experience, instead of having everything scripted. Don't get me wrong, I think there's place for both types of games, I'm just glad to see the former starting to FINALLY catch on.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:22 am

but GTA did that AGES ago

:P