Try these graphics

Everything from Console, PC & Handheld. This is the place your none On-line Graphic related play things go.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Sat May 05, 2007 12:03 am

http://www.spikedhumor.com/articles/102431...own_Zombie.html

To explain. Derren Browns puts a young man into a catatonic trance using a series of flashes in a game he designed, then places the man into a real-life version of the game.

This is great.

"Go outside! The graphics are great!"
Bogey
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Bogey » Sat May 05, 2007 8:27 am

I like some of Derren Brown's stuff, like this clip for example. But did you see trick or treat last night? I thought it was shit. It just went on with the same thing for too long.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Sat May 05, 2007 10:22 am

I haven't seen much of his stuff other than the first series. I watched a whole bunch of his stuff on there, though.

He uses a technique called neuro-linguistics programming. Creating things that weren't there before in your head. Some people say he fakes things for the sake of T.V, but then when you know about this NLP you can pick out things. For instance, get meets with a marketing leader for supermarkets and asks him to go around the shop and take as long as he likes and pick a product, then bring it back. Derren inconspicuously puts a sticker on his back saying he's going to buy some vinegar. It leaves you wondering how he did it (from the clip I saw, perhaps he explains it to the viewers on the show) but when you watch it back you see what he does. Says things like "I can't quiet put my fvinegar on it" "when we're walking around we often see own products in shops. Then we see things place purposely like 6 packs of cheese and onion over packs that have a mix, you know salt an *cough* anyway..."
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Sat May 05, 2007 12:14 pm

A guy who's loosely involved in the site I'm working on is an expert in NLP. My boss told me that he somehow managed to convince this guy holding a billboard in the street that the jacket he was wearing belonged to him. The guy immediately emptied the pockets and handed over the jacket. I don't think he makes a habit of doing things like that because it is illegal.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Sat May 05, 2007 12:35 pm

Chewi wrote:A guy who's loosely involved in the site I'm working on is an expert in NLP. My boss told me that he somehow managed to convince this guy holding a billboard in the street that the jacket he was wearing belonged to him. The guy immediately emptied the pockets and handed over the jacket. I don't think he makes a habit of doing things like that because it is illegal.

I would abuse the hell out of that power.

and if I get into any trouble....

"these aren't the droids you're looking for"
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Sat May 05, 2007 1:19 pm

Funnily enough NLP was first thought of in the early 70's