REAL next-gen graphics

Everything from Console, PC & Handheld. This is the place your none On-line Graphic related play things go.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:34 pm

Last edited by kaos on Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Melana
Distgrunted Hero

Post by Melana » Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:54 am

i'm never really sold on a game until i have the controller in my hands and the game switched on in front of me.

but it does look very promising.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:00 am

if that's true, it will the only other game i've seen on XBLA that i will actually pay to download

the first was ninja turtles, and i gotta say, i was disappointed. i remember the levels being much longer.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:05 am

All the classics are like that when you go back and play them now.

makes me think I was an idiot as a kid. cuzz theirs some games that i had the damndest time with back then, that i can finish off in about 15-30 minutes
Melana
Distgrunted Hero

Post by Melana » Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:20 am

The goonies on NES is still impossible for me.

Kid icarus was still an impossible game too.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:03 pm

kid icarus is legendary for it's difficulty

I recently picked up some classics for the good old game boy:

Zelda: Link's awakening
Metroid 2
Zelda,:oracle of seasons
and Zelda: oracle of ages

i gotta say, i wasn't disappointed with them. Metroid 2 isn't exactly how i remember it, but it was the first game boy game i ever played after tetris, so that's no surprise.

And Metroid 2 is HARD. Not so much for the game's difficulty, but because there's NO MAP, and save points are rare and DO NOT refill your energy.

However

I remember not being able to play Balloon Fight's single player all the way though when i was a kid, but i recently bought it in one of those things at the mall, you know, the controller with like 100 games built into it, and i beat it the first try. I guess with some it works and with some it doesn't

BTW, Balloon Fight co-op was LOADS of fun as a kid. Doubt it would have the same effect now though...
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:44 pm

Never liked Street Fighter. I was a Mortal Kombat person. Which reminds me to add some "Microsoft Points" to my live account and get that :D
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:20 am

Matt wrote:Never liked Street Fighter. I was a Mortal Kombat person. Which reminds me to add some "Microsoft Points" to my live account and get that :D
Me too though I didn't play either of them much. I cut my teeth on Soul Blade. This does look nice though.
Last edited by Chewi on Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:13 am

not liking street fighter is somthing i have a hard time understanding.
Me and my people were at the arcade dealy playing all the 2d fighters. their was some good ones. but street fighter was the staple.

i must have played ever varient of the game with the exception og the first and the most recent.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:33 pm

i've never seen an original street fighter cabinet, but i know it just had two buttons, punch and kick, and the strength of the blow depended on how hard you hit them

also i think there was only one playable character.
Last edited by Super Goat Weed on Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:40 pm

I remember playin street fighter 2 at the acrades it was scary to see how popular back then it was like the only time u had to quene to get on an acrade
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:12 am

I remember on I was in an arcade on holiday, we all used to hang out there, the bastards had turned up the difficulty to the what must have been the hardest setting, we must have spent like 4 days trying to beat this thing, I think I could manage to beat all of the dudes, bar sagat and Bison, Bison usually killed me without being able to reliate.

Picked my fav guy Ryu, picked me the evil Ryu skin and hammered the crap outta him, was such a good feeling, watching the end screen I mean Ryu has to be one of the more depressing endings he doesn't even pick up the trophy.

still could have been worse, Valve could have made it, black screen and Game Over no matter what.
Melana
Distgrunted Hero

Post by Melana » Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:53 pm

Am i the only kid that never went to the arcade? I swear they don't exist in Bendigo, Melbourne yes... but they always struck me as druggie hangouts.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:13 pm

To be fair the only arcade that I know that isn't just a collection of fruit machines is Joyland in Millisle, which like 20 miles from my house.
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:25 pm

Melana wrote:Am i the only kid that never went to the arcade? I swear they don't exist in Bendigo, Melbourne yes... but they always struck me as druggie hangouts.
Nope. I wasn't given pocket money. I did go to Funland one or two occasions but the only game I have any recollection of was Ms Pac-Man. Hehe. I must have been pretty young at the time. Most of the other stuff was fruit machines. That arcade burnt down due to an attempted insurance scam in 2000. Jersey doesn't have any other proper arcades as far as I know.