GTA4 trailer

Everything from Console, PC & Handheld. This is the place your none On-line Graphic related play things go.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:02 pm

new gta trailer is up.

and its LACKLUSTER!!

the buildings look nice.
the 1 character model you do get to see looks like its form SA just with high rez textures.

and the whole thing looks like Batman Begins.

what a weak trailer.
Bogey
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Bogey » Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:42 am

Yeah the buildings do look nice, but it's not difficult making a giant cube look good.

That character looked awful for "next gen".
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:20 pm

Looked better than saints row.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:03 pm

I didnt think so.

saints row playable character wasnt stock.
and so didnt have high detail textures. cuzz they would stretch and warp and theirs no good way to control that....atleast I dont think so.

but if they could find a way to control it and put on those highly modifable characters. then they already look better than GTA + they have custom options.

I've then in seen it pulled off before with multiple textures. but it wasnt in realtime.
maybe the same technique could apply, but to get it to work smoothly in realtime they need to do some LOD work on the skin texturing.

If they could do that much, It would put them so far beyond GTA4 it wouldnt even be funny.

ofcourse, whose to say they wont do it.
they havent made clear if theyre going to do a sequel or not.
Last edited by kaos on Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:31 pm

Well, it's all about gameplay. We can expect everything we already have and I'm wanting some kind of rip form the Godfather game. Rackets were a great idea.

I'm not fussed about the graphics on this one, more about what you can do, won't say those graphics don't interest me, though.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:50 pm

saints row would also win in that case then too.
there was so much more you could do with the exception of flying....which is useless. and bikes...which theirs no excuse for not doing.
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:25 am

See saint row won on the small things for me, I mean as far as i remember the car door doesnt exist in GTA it can go throw object but in saints row if the door is open and hits something it will hit. The driving was alright but i felt anything with a trailer was a lil werid.

The whole customise of the character was far greater than GTA and also customise over the car too which was better, maybe thats just me.

But i like the whole idea of flyin and riding a motorcycle it brings it more real kinda thing. Thats what GTA had over Saints row.

Also holding up shops is fun.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:18 pm

dont forget that the fighting was excellent, the shooting didnt have any crappy lock on stuff, and the online multiplayer.

the multiplayer wasnt all it was cracked up to be, but at least they had it.

Crackdown hoever did it right.
hoever i just dont like crackdown at all. its a superhero game.
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:08 am

I havent played the multiplayer on Saints row. Byt yea the fighting was excellent.

Crackdown was alright but as u say ur a superhero but then again i did love the jumping lol i just jumpped building to building all day, plus i prefer the driving in Crackdown
PWX
Scavenger

Post by PWX » Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:25 pm

Wait are we comparing Saints Row to previous GTA or to GTA4?

Saints Row came out after GTA so of course it does certain things better. It's obviously a very GTA-esque inspired game with improvements to systems in which GTA lacked solid control. (I could be wrong. I never got a chance to play Saints Row)

The trailer was indeed crap. Yeah it looked nice for the most part, but as others have said we haven't been given an idea of how the game will actually play yet. Which, in a game like GTA, is really more important than how it looks.

It's been brought up elsewhere that with how nice it looks the possibility of the city being smaller is more likely. Which would be pretty nice. I don't think we want a city to become bigger than San Andreas.. Plus I think they need to start downsizing the external parts of the city and work more on buildings you can go into.. The buildings in San Andreas were pathetically unrealistic if you started raising hell in them

I'll be keeping an eye on the new GTA though. If I ever get a 360 or PS3 that is.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Sun May 13, 2007 1:21 am

Saints Row 2 just recently got officially announced

Now you're gonna see some real innovative shit go down.

the GTA team for so long ran unchallenged and ass such had no reason to really try to make a better game.

now they have to make one just to survive.

by the same token Saints Row is going to be going direct against GTA this time, and has to try and outshine.

competition is good.