Console Wars Renewed?

Everything from Console, PC & Handheld. This is the place your none On-line Graphic related play things go.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:58 pm

They sent Fosters?

Seriously?

I wouldn't spend ANY money on that beer
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:57 pm

Someone rename this thread into "Aura talks shit about Sony Vol.1" :rolleyes:

I think Mike should go do some actual homework on this stuff and realise that delays are nothing but good. When people start bitching about postponing games and nagging about delays, is when we get rushed pieces of buggy shit at £50 a shot.

The PS3 is hard to code for. Developers are put off by this. Not the price. The Cell Processors are hard t code for. Enough said.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:00 pm

Sony has always had the most difficult consoles to program. It hasn't hurt them too much in the past.

PS3 is still shit though :E
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:06 pm

Yeah, they tried pushing that emotion engine shit with the PS2, didn't catch on. But so far from what I've read, the PS3 is like some sort of nightmarish exorcism to code for.

Wouldn't know, not played about on one and I won't for a good year or something.

If it's any consolation the 360 is fucking shit, too. I've not played mine for over a month. Waste of money :E
Icefire
Trainee

Post by Icefire » Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:46 pm

Icefire wrote:it's a shame really what sony has done to itself, they were making some decent games for their new console and the majority of them have been postponed. sadly i'm sure some have even been cancelled by now or shoved aside while the development teams busy themselves with other projects.

to qoute myself dumbass matt, but where in there did i say anything about price? nowhere, so please quit being retarded.
Melana
Distgrunted Hero

Post by Melana » Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:13 pm

Didn't sony still make a bunch of PS games whilst the PS2 was new and shiney for a while? It's hard to tell on my end because we have such a slow release date.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:26 pm

Icefire wrote:to qoute myself dumbass matt, but where in there did i say anything about price? nowhere, so please quit being retarded.
Yeah, well, the part directed at you was the first paragraph. Sorry, sir. I'll take care to mark my writing you can best understand it.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:32 pm

Melana wrote:Didn't sony still make a bunch of PS games whilst the PS2 was new and shiney for a while? It's hard to tell on my end because we have such a slow release date.
I think they are still making one or two. There's some FF re-releases STILL to come for it, I think?
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:04 pm

yea i remeber some of the kiddy games kept coming out for a couple of months for the PS1 when the PS2 was out. I mean MS still brings games out for the Xbox when the 360 is out.
Icefire
Trainee

Post by Icefire » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:31 pm

Matt wrote:Yeah, well, the part directed at you was the first paragraph. Sorry, sir. I'll take care to mark my writing you can best understand it.

for your information once again dumbass, i was not trying to say they should rush their games. i was clearly saying how sony had effectively screwed themselves by making a system that has made it so difficult for developers to code their games so they're able to run on said system. next time, i'll be more cautious in how i word things so you might understand what SHOULD have been so simple that more than likely everyone here already understood....apparently i was wrong and you have once again put your damn foot in your mouth.

lastly, if i were trash talking sony's new console, i'd simply say it's a piece of shit and that i'm never going to buy one ever and that nobody else should either. i'm simply expressing my goddamn view point on what they've done and that perhaps they should take a few actions to rectify it for the gaming community. if you don't like the fact i don't hold my tongue when it comes to expressing opinions then perhaps you should just click on that little option in your control panel where it ignores my posts or is that too complicated for you to figure out? perhaps you need someone to draw you a map so you understand.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:45 pm

you guys have got to realize the development time on vide games is a nightmare.

18 months...2 years average..

the only reason some games still drop for the previous consoles is becuase they were developed specificly for them and theirs a point of no return.

you either put the game out on the platform it was intended as a late entry.
save time, money, and negetive press. (released last gen crap on my next gen console)

or

you start all over from the beginning recode everything to take advatage of the new stuff or work around stuff that doesnt work anymore, which is probably going to mean you need a new programer all together..so you have to find and hire him/her

then you have to go back and re model everything. and thats just a bitch. cuzz remodeling also means you gotta re texture...which means you have to go thru the UV process again (ouch) and it could possibily mean you also have to re animate everything.
and even you you dont remodel (youre gonna get shit if you dont) you gotta re texture anyway to get some better quality stuff going...and thats going to take a shit load of time if its pure photoshop....but what if it wasnt pure photoshop?...then its gonna take you even longer.

keep in mind all this would have to happen in the middle or final stages of your orginal development lifetime. and would probably set you back another year and a half. if you managed to catch a console genration change right at the begining of your development...you got very lucky. but youre still gonna have to go back a few months.

so which would you rather do?
just release the damn game as a ps2 or xbox game, or journey through hell and still get slammed when the game drops?
Last edited by kaos on Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:33 pm

Not to mention that just getting a game out on any machine is a nightmare in itself.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:54 am

Looks like the 360 Elite is real.

the price is rediculous tho.
however when you do the math.
its the HDD that kills you.

full price is 479
HDD only is 179

so IF you could by the box with out the HDD (and you cant) logic would say that the price would be around 300 bucks. which is actually nice number (cheaper than what I paid) but since you cant get it without the HDD you'll never see it.

Sony is spinning the whole thing.
and i agree on some points.

but this whole HD era thing theyre both talking is crazy.
both companies seem overly pushy on it.

its not like I'm gonna be using this HDMI thing anyway.

honestly...I dont even know what the fuck it is.
I'm still on Standard Def TV's
I imagine most people are and probably will be for atleast 2 or 3 more years and by that time HD will be the new standard, and therefore wont be anything special.

Hopfully by the time im ready to buy my second xbox360, the price on it will have dropped.
I cant take this one with me. whole fam uses it. it would be like taking the fridge.
Last edited by kaos on Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:17 am

I'm a huge fan of the fact you can upgrade your PS3 HDD so any notebook HDD on the market. Without voiding the guarantee.

That black 360 looks alright, but since I'd posted it I've realised it'd be as cheap if I bought a new case for my existing one.
Melana
Distgrunted Hero

Post by Melana » Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:20 pm

Ok... so the only things that get released are like the mutliplatform commercial nightmares or stuff that is remade... or close to release date... that's still a few titles.

Also, let us remember that this is all just about video games. It's not anyones life...except Johnny's.