Console Wars Renewed?

Everything from Console, PC & Handheld. This is the place your none On-line Graphic related play things go.
Xanien
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Xanien » Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:57 am

I just thought I'd post this link for you guys to read about the Wii and PS3, along with the 360, and the current sales of each.

I think the PS3 will pick up once the good games come out for it, and the price drops about $100. Give it another year, right? PS3 will have the lots of must have games, and what will the 360 and Wii have by then? That's what's tough for Nintendo. It really doesn't have lots of games that will sell a system, or should I say series of games such as Halo or Final Fantasy. That's the real reason casual gamers buy these systems, right?
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:35 am

World Wide sales it's about 5 - 1 last I heard, a 2 to 1 ratio isn't vastly hard to comprend considering it costs twice as much.

Tbh, I don't even count the Wii in the same market, I think a much fairer comparison is the X360, considering they are competeting along the same lines. Wii haven't made the killer app but smart business decision nonetheless.
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:46 am

Nintendo admit them selfs there not in the console war. I mean by hardware specs its an overclocked gamecube. Its just meant for gamers who fancied a change. But i totally agree, the Wii lacks games, i mean its been half a year in the uk or something and they havent brought to much out i mean they brought out another Monstor trucks game which i thought was sad. I would like to see some other uses what the remote can do or soemthing.

And with the real next gens, i have a 360 but there isnt anything to impressive yet, GoW is pretty sound and i loved Lost Planet, and i have to admit crackdown was fun to play i mean i just jumped everywhere. But nothin to pull ya in i mean crackdown on took a day or so to complete, i havent played GoWs to great but my dad is nearly finished it, so it must not be that long if he has. And lost planet am pretty much half way through it which havent taken long.

I havent seen any games that would be good on the PS3, i dont want it to go down the drain. Console Wars are healthly, it brings alone massive advances in gaming. But the PS3 maybe should of thought a lil, its not to good to come out with no decent games and in future major titles ... if there is am so sorry but i havent heard anything lol.

I mean alot of shops here still say u can get it on the Launch day. And i havent seen any ads for it. :(
Xanien
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Xanien » Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:59 pm

Well, Zelda was a killer app. That made Wii have the best launch of all three systems. And yeah, Nintendo did say they weren't in the console war as far as graphics and pushing the envelope. But when it comes down to it, selling systems, selling games, and making a profit . . . in those wars Nintendo is kicking ass. Both the 360 and the PS3 are selling at a loss. And as far as other must have games for the Gamecube, I think the new Metroid game will be pretty bad ass and really use the Wiimote well, the new Smash Bros, and also the next Mario Kart (you know they are making it).

But like it was said in that article, once FFXIII comes out, and the other big names, the PS3 is really going to pick up steam. I know I'll probably buy on in 2008. But I think I might buy the Wii first due to all the games I can download.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:36 pm

You don't make money on the console, the only point of shifting a load of units is to increase your share of gamers, if they don't buy the games, your wasting your time.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:43 pm

devl may cry just went multiplatform
so the only real exclusives ps3 has now are FF and MGS

some of us are past caring for FF as much and some of us never gave a damn about MGS after part2

anyway my point is, part of sonys appeal in the past was exclusives titles.

and right now, they dont have much to draw people in and lots of devs have decided to go multi platform on them. while others are signing exclusives for 360.
Last edited by kaos on Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:47 pm

MicroSoft have not been sleeping.
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:48 pm

Yea i want a PS3, but at the mo exlustives are very thin, i thought FF was going to the 360 also? Maybe i mis heard that and i thought MGS was going there too.

All i thought they had left was Gran Tumsomo (sp) am not totally sure now. They even lost tekken i heard.

It will be good if Mario Kart comes out for the Wii i will enjoy that, i didnt like Zelda am maybe i just thought it was gonna be alot better when i saw the shit all the way back.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:59 pm

Honestly, console wars are for fags.

I want a PS3, they're out on Monday, I think. But i'm not paying £400 for anything like that, right now. I've got a 360, they're alright. I want a Wii, but the UK has none!

When we get past this "ZOMG U R GUNAH LUSE!" phase in gaming, we can finally get some cracking shit out onto the market.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:09 pm

I heard a rumor that FF versus 13 might, yet FF13 will stay.
but thats really just a rumor at this point, and I havent even been able to track down the site where I read it.
either way, I'm not reallun into FF13.

although in a recent (like yesterday) interveiw with Sak, he said the white engine is actually multiplatform so its is possible.

still, given Squares record...I dont think its not likely.

as for MGS.
if that goes 360 thats no surprise.
Konami ported a title to a microsoft console before.
and the two seem to have an awsome relationship going via live aracade.

matter of fact...
SOTN comes out on live aracade in less than 24 hours...

I'm buying that.

it'll be good to have joseph's cloak and a shotel again.
XenoRaven
Enforcer

Post by XenoRaven » Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:13 pm

kaos wrote:devl may cry just went multiplatform
so the only real exclusives ps3 has now are FF and MGS

some of us are past caring for FF as much and some of us never gave a damn about MGS after part2

anyway my point is, part of sonys appeal in the past was exclusives titles.

and right now, they have much to draw people in and lots of devs have decided to go multi platform on them. while others are signing exclusives for 360.
The only real exclusives the PS3 has is the God of War series as far as I'm concerned. Square's not using their in-house "White" engine anymore. They're using the Unreal Engine now. They've also expressed that they plan on supporting more than one console this generation. FF is not exclusive anymore. I'd be surprised if XIII wasn't multiplatform. As for MGS, I need only point to Substance. Sony really needs to start showing what the advantage of the PS3 is over the 360. The library of the two system continues to become more and more similar.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:34 am

They are still using the White enigne (FFXIII Atleast), the UE3 engine is for something else, possible MMO I guess.
Xanien
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Xanien » Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:14 pm

Nintendo is actually making money on each Wii they sell. It costs almost nothing to make cause the technology isn't that much better than the Gamecube, plus since most of the games out are made by Nintendo, that's more money in their pockets. PS3 and 360 are losing the money cause of their photon reactors and dilithium crystals or what have you (and their rarity).

About MGS though, isn't only the Substinence games coming out for the 360? Guess it's the same thing, right? Nothing is sacred anymore. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Blue Dragon game for the 360 coming out on the PS3 a year after or sooner when it comes out on the Xbox.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:34 pm

I would.

mircosoft and mistwalker are in bed.
and Sak isnt impressed with ps3.
XenoRaven
Enforcer

Post by XenoRaven » Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:16 pm

Yeah, the reason the PS3 is losing exclusives is that it's not selling well and devs don't have enough confidence in it. The 360 has the leg up so there's no reason for 3rd parties to jump ship. That's not to say it's not happening. It is, but to a lesser degree.