Nintendo Wii

Everything from Console, PC & Handheld. This is the place your none On-line Graphic related play things go.
April
Enforcer

Post by April » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:39 pm

I asked this in LJ and only got a few replies. Figured I'd ask here since more people will listen to my crap here then there. xD <3 hehe

Anyways...who has played? Who owns one? Who plans to buy one?

Who actually doesn't like it? Don't answer that Will! :P

I love the damn thing. Took me forever to get ahold of one. Luckily I knew someone who worked at Bestbuy. So I was able to get one straight off the truck.
Wii sports is pretty damn cool. I like the new Zelda. And I love the fact that I can play all my gamecube games on it. Which is nice. *nods* I haven't had the opportunity to hook it to the net yet. I'm lazy. But when I get around to it, it will be nice to be able to download all of my old games that I sold. :E
makoman
Civillian

Post by makoman » Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:11 am

I haven't had the chance to even see one, much less play. But it's killing me, I want to try the golfing so bad!
Masteroftheweb
Vagabond

Post by Masteroftheweb » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:09 am

I had an extreme interest in it till I actually played one... then I lost it. If there was more than Zelda on it, I might have gotten one anyways... but meh.

Speaking of Zelda... Played it on Gamecube... man was THAT a let down... Hyped to god damn much... it was far too easy. The story was pretty straightforward with no real plot twists... and the 7th and 8th dungeon items... I swear, I felt SO gipped.

And the items in general... god damn... They became obsolete so fucking fast it wasn't even funny. Use that item for it's respective dungeon, then it's virtually useless.

And the Bow was SO fucking weak... 11 arrows to kill a single fucking moblin...

Then they have the audacity to give you a horse whistle so late in the game that it's virtually useless...

GRRR... I'm done... not really, but I wont go on...
Evil Matt
Enforcer

Post by Evil Matt » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:30 am

My housemate has a Wii and Twilight Princess. I played it for a while. I herded some goats, knocked down a beehive, rescued a basket from a monkey, and was catching fish for a cat when I decided that the whole thing was a colossal waste of time. Is there a game in there somewhere?
Bogey
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Bogey » Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:53 am

I've got a wii but don't have many games for it. I've put off buying stuff like zelda because I have too many distractions from coursework as it is. I really like the look of the new sonic game though, I might have to get that.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:12 pm

Wii Sports is a great party game

and Twilight Princess just freaking owns.
April
Enforcer

Post by April » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:04 pm

Super Goat Weed wrote:Wii Sports is a great party game

and Twilight Princess just freaking owns.

I have to agree with you Ben. I can't wait till I can hook mine online and download all of my old nes,snes, and 64 games onto it.
Melana
Distgrunted Hero

Post by Melana » Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:05 am

Wii boxing is fun... but apparently it's best if you fairy box. I insisted on attempting to box properly which looks less stupid... but the next day my shoulders where killing me.

So not being to the gym in a year was a bit of a no no for those poor muscles.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:08 am

I'm hoping this novelty on the sports thing will die down soon because it's a right load of shit. Good for an hour. Now Zelda, THAT'S a game worth getting a Wii for. I wanted to get one when I got this 360 but the shops had been dead since christmas.
April
Enforcer

Post by April » Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:13 am

Matt wrote:I'm hoping this novelty on the sports thing will die down soon because it's a right load of shit. Good for an hour. Now Zelda, THAT'S a game worth getting a Wii for. I wanted to get one when I got this 360 but the shops had been dead since christmas.
Well...I suppose not everyone enjoys games that are more interactive with others. But that's ok. To each their own.

And I fully agree with ya Les. If ya ain't in shape, boxing is not the game to play. But it surely is fun. Specially when your playing with another person and your both boxing in mid air next to one another without facing eachother. Kinda makes you look like your doing tyboe(sp?) or something. =)
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:18 am

I was waiting on the Wii Bob Ross 'game' but it got cancelled.
Melana
Distgrunted Hero

Post by Melana » Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:20 am

hehe tae bo yeah your right.

I had loads of fun with wii sports with my family, even got my aunt and dad to play. I suppose playing by yourself isn't as fun.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:22 am

April wrote:Well...I suppose not everyone enjoys games that are more interactive with others. But that's ok. To each their own.

And I fully agree with ya Les. If ya ain't in shape, boxing is not the game to play. But it surely is fun. Specially when your playing with another person and your both boxing in mid air next to one another without facing eachother. Kinda makes you look like your doing tyboe(sp?) or something. =)
:( I don't really like multiplayers a lot. I'm an only child and all, so yeah :D I had more fun just watching my mate play Zelda. Even when he got stuck for an hour.

I was high, though. So just about anything was entertainment.
Melana
Distgrunted Hero

Post by Melana » Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:41 am

wii sports is pretty much a party game or a 'lets pretend this is real excercise' game.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:45 am

I read an article the other week written by someone far too old to comprehend the fun in the new age of gaming. He was going on about how kids shouldn't try to replace real sports with Wii sports.

I almost cried laughing :E

Why does the moodgle emot show as a moomba? (god that's sad of me to notice)