you know WoW is an epidemic when...

Everything from Console, PC & Handheld. This is the place your none On-line Graphic related play things go.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:33 am

Someone just unban Mikes other account or rename this one, please.
Bogey
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Bogey » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:31 am

You've barely played the game, so how can you comment on needing guilds and needing to do raids? If you play it a lot, you probably want to raid and yeah you need a guild for that. But you really don't need to. You can play the whole game solo if you wish. I have my own guild with a couple of friends I know in real life are in. It's pretty much just 3 of us but they don't play as much as me.

As far as money is concerned. If I converted the time played on warcraft into time played on other games, I would be spending a lot more money having to buy new games. I can feed my gaming habit with just one game, and in effect it's saving me money.
Icefire
Trainee

Post by Icefire » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:39 am

Matt wrote:I notice you neglected to mention friends, there :P
oh i'm sorry, i didn't realize you knew what that word meant. my apologies, so...i'll be blunt. what friends i have offline, are of none of your concern or anyone elses but rest assured matt, i do make time for them.

secondly, you don't necessarily need all that crap like team speak and so forth to do raids. i manage quite easy when i play, sometimes i only go with one other person on a raid and get by.

third, i managed to get all the way to level 40 something as best i recall before i even considered joining a guild.

fourth, please...spare me the old sn, i started this one for a reason and it stays as such. don't like my new screen name, tough shit.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:13 am

I got to level 10 in less than a day, I played the game for two years, it has more storyline than could ever be released via an RTS, unfournately most of it is hidden or you just have to look for it.

I.E clicking on the banners in Thunderbluff gives some Tauren history. It's a fun game, easy to get lost in and wonder where the days, weeks, months have gone.

You only NEED a guild if you want to go end game level 60 (now 70) raid content, if you think a guildess pick up system would be better your sorely mistaken. The necessity for guilds at this stage is that the level of organisation and co-ordination in order to defeat some bosses require more than 'knowing what your doing'.

It's the Everquest of second gen, they didn't sell out. Sadly they seem to have forgotten their roots and I don't think we'll see a Warcraft 4 or a Starcraft 2 as most of the dev teams seem locked into maintianing WoW.

That being said I thought Warcraft set and awful trend in the RTS market but it was a nice engine and like what people did with it (Dawn of War, DoTA) but I think there are masisve flaws with a 'Hero' system and it's sent EA off on their way with Generals.
Last edited by Mik on Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:46 pm

Bogey wrote:You've barely played the game, so how can you comment on needing guilds and needing to do raids? If you play it a lot, you probably want to raid and yeah you need a guild for that. But you really don't need to. You can play the whole game solo if you wish. I have my own guild with a couple of friends I know in real life are in. It's pretty much just 3 of us but they don't play as much as me.

As far as money is concerned. If I converted the time played on warcraft into time played on other games, I would be spending a lot more money having to buy new games. I can feed my gaming habit with just one game, and in effect it's saving me money.
Noooooo, I've got a mate who plays it all the time. He's always trying to get me get an account :P I usually watch for a little while when I'm at his house..

And, I guess that's true.

So, ok, I admit I'm just bitter I've got a shit internet connection and an empty wallet:(

EDIT@Wolf:

I thought Starcraft was kinda confirmed earlier this year or late last?

and I must agree with you, Warcraft 3 did set an aweful trend for RTS's The Tides of Darkness was the one I always, and often still do, play.

And the guildy bit, I've always been under the impression that it's one of those kind of games that if you want to max your levels you need to join huge raids? I dunno.

I played it on a private server for a while and it was fun and nice to play. I might give it another go with this new graphics card, but the main thing that put me off was allllll the running around got pretty boring for me and I'm to understand the official servers would take even longer to level. I can't say I didn't enjoy it adn I thought it was the worst piece of shit ever create (there are some titles much, much more deserving of that title) and things like the history dotted about and the fun things to do (caves to explore and shit) were really fun. But after a week or maybe it was two, I lost interest :(
Last edited by Matt on Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:54 pm

Not really you only join the huge raids (25 man) after you've already reached the maxium level so it's mainly for shiny items at that stage.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:12 pm

25 people would probably rape my screen and internet connection, I think. 45kbs up is piss poor.
ReDeemer
Solider

Post by ReDeemer » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:28 am

You know WoW is an Epidemic when you can bury your children in your burden, lol.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:29 pm

Expansion patch inc 13th of Nov, gonan forget what outside looks like again.
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:48 pm

lol i want the collectors edition. Gonna go up to game and get it pre ordered. I so buyin tshirts tho!
Melana
Distgrunted Hero

Post by Melana » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:51 am

I like the idea of the collectors edition. Toshi's getting it... so i'm not going to bother.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:52 pm

Only appealing thing is the artwork book, cba with anything else.
Akrid
Solider

Post by Akrid » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:48 am

When my older bro joined the US Air Force, he got shipped to Biloxi, Missippi after basix training where he picked up alot of drinking. Shortly afterwards he got sent to Alaska, Where he picked up WoW. He told me last that he stopped drinking so he could play WoW. Lucky for me I can't get into it.
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:00 am

Hahaha. WoW is more addictive than crack.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:57 am

When I used to raid, half my healers where drunk by the 2nd hour in, I played drunk the other week you can drink and wow.