you know WoW is an epidemic when...

Everything from Console, PC & Handheld. This is the place your none On-line Graphic related play things go.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:20 pm

Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:57 pm

Hahaha. Good grief.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:57 pm

That was linked on our guild forums a while back

Episode One
"Rogues do it from behind"
Last edited by Mik on Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:02 pm

World of Warcraft has to be the shittest game ever made :( Blizzard shit on their greatest series.

Some of those girls are foxy, though.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:51 pm

8million box copies sold ... yep they certainly shot themselves in the foot, damn they are regretting that move.
Masteroftheweb
Vagabond

Post by Masteroftheweb » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:59 pm

More income than some small countries...

GOD I bet they hate themselves
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:39 pm

Who said they regret it? I'd sell out and shit on my greatest series too, if it meant I was to be a millionaire.

As a follower of Warcraft since the very first game, WoW is shit and did not engross me at all. The very fact that it took me a week to get to level 10 is abysmal. That means I need to fuck off my social life and pay £2-£4 for a week to get into a game that I paid £30-£40 for. Which is great for twats with no offline friends and £100 a week that will either get spent on fizzy drinks, computer parts or MMORPG's. But for the average gamer who likes to interact with real people, get drunk/high and go to music gigs, it's a bit of a problem.
Bogey
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Bogey » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:11 am

A week to get to level 10? My friends girlfriend started playing last year (still not convinced mine to). She got to level 10 in less than a couple of days, playtime was low. I get to level 10 in around 1 hour playtime.

As far as MMORPGs go, WoW is very casual friendly. Even more so with the expansion now. They just need to improve the LFG tool to make people use it properly.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:54 am

I also grew annoyed and frustrated by all thie options avaliable on it. I'm not the srt of person to choose one direct path. I want everything.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:57 am

Matt you realize their was no selling out involved right?

Blizzards missing diablo team...
was also theyre Warcraft team.

unfortunatlye arenanet is a one trick pony.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:02 am

No. There was lot's of selling out involved. Being that WArcraft 1,2 and 3 are fantastic RTS's and not RPG's in the slightest. Diablo online, sure. What next? Command and Conquer Universe?

and I was also employing the use of hyperbole with the week thing. But then, I only play on games like that for a few hours before I get bored of killing the same shit.
Last edited by Matt on Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:12 am

there was no selling out becuase original creators wernt attached.

Blizzard is a company, not a person.
and unfortunatly.. Companies own IP.
and by that team the original and key developers had long gone.

so now you have a bunch a neebs with the rights to a killer IP.

no selling out involved.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:17 am

Ok, you win. But these noobs fucked up the best game ever.

EDIT:

I should concede now. All games are like the best ever :(
Last edited by Matt on Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Icefire
Trainee

Post by Icefire » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:25 am

Matt wrote:Who said they regret it? I'd sell out and shit on my greatest series too, if it meant I was to be a millionaire.

As a follower of Warcraft since the very first game, WoW is shit and did not engross me at all. The very fact that it took me a week to get to level 10 is abysmal. That means I need to fuck off my social life and pay £2-£4 for a week to get into a game that I paid £30-£40 for. Which is great for twats with no offline friends and £100 a week that will either get spent on fizzy drinks, computer parts or MMORPG's. But for the average gamer who likes to interact with real people, get drunk/high and go to music gigs, it's a bit of a problem.

i honestly don't see where you get that from. i happen to play wow yet i've managed to maintain a decent job, community service for a state detention school so i can get hired eventually as a jco. i also happen to know numerous people from playing that game now all of which have jobs, personal lives outside the game, some go to college too. all in all, for the most part...people who play wow (who aren't teens or kids) actually do have lives. now, if you have to give up your life to do the said leveling...then it would be wise not to play a game like that if you're incapable of balancing it out with your life. as the old saying goes, take all things in moderation.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:32 am

I notice you neglected to mention friends, there :P

All those reasons set forth by you are precisely why I don't play this game. I don't have the time to devote to the game. To really get into this game you need to be in a guild, otherwise you're stuck for getting to higher levels and getting better loot. To get into this game you need to go on raids, which need a guild. To go on raids, you'd better have a headset and teamspeak, which you need a guild channel for, oh and a guild. All in all this adds up to me notenjoying the game because it's costly in both money and time. Furthermore, it butchers the Warcraft series for me personally.

So, I don't play it and gripe here and there when I can.