Video Game addiction.

Everything from Console, PC & Handheld. This is the place your none On-line Graphic related play things go.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:37 am

part1
[youtube]2ru5imBot6g&eurl=[/youtube]

I'm Sick of this specific games addiction scapegoat.

they media eats it up.
so does the general public.

or maybe its just me....
I just dont belive a video game can be addictive to the point of NEED.

I dont understand why people dont place the blame on the person where it righfully belongs. but instead wanna go sue developers and publishers and everything else and make video games out to look like the new crack.

no game is that good
(partly cuzz i havent made it yet)

My man left me for warcraft...boo hoo...

no he didnt. he left you cuzz he's a dumbass.
its not warcrafts fualt.
if warcraft hadnt been there, youd be jerry springer cuzz he was cheating on you with his transexual sister jeff.

besides. I'm nearly convinced that WoW "addiction" is one of those undercover Fads anyway. you know like how being Gay was a few years ago.
SouthPark adressed it with that metrosexual epidsode.
Last edited by kaos on Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xanien
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Xanien » Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:16 am

Games and whatever else you can interchange that with ONLY become an addiction because that person LACKS something vital to their life/happiness and they can only find that happiness within whatever their addiction is. People need to do some soul searching before they can blame others. Yourself is always the first person you should blame.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:43 am

It's crap

I mean, something like this is used for avoidance. People use it to fill a social void they stuggle with in real life. It's only an 'addiciton' because they are using it as a substitute normal behavioral contact that all humans are 'addicted' too. These idiot therapists that treat it like it's a real addiction are really trying to de-program nomal social behavior. If someone needs help because of a video game addiction, the solution is to teach them some freaking social skills, or get them a job. Treat the REAL problem.

But no, they treat it like it's a freaking hardcore heroin addiction. They talk about withdraw symptoms and rehab. It's complete and total crap.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:47 am

Well if you drink everyday to large amounts you'd be considered an Alcholic, if you game every day for 6hours + would you not be a game'oholic?
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:40 pm

alchohalism is a substance abuse.
Last edited by kaos on Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:15 pm

with a drinking problem, your body can actually become dependant on the drug. That's not the case with gaming. In a way, excessive gaming can be a problem, and like anything else it can be abused, but to call it an addiction is just insane. The principle of 'everything in moderation' applies more then the principles invloved with substance abuse and addiction.
Evil Matt
Enforcer

Post by Evil Matt » Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:23 pm

I'm a game-oholic! I can't live without game-ohol!

My understanding of so-called game addiction (and I suppose I've lived it) is that it's a form of escape. Without an MMO, players might go read comics or watch television for hours. What's unique about MMOs is that they're competitive and that they often reward immoderate behavior. So, they encourage obsessive play, but they don't create obsessive disorders.
Xanien
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Xanien » Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:58 am

*Thinks of the WoW South Park Episode*
Bogey
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Bogey » Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:44 am

pfft, that guy's a noob, only 40 hours a week. He should sell the baby and get his girlfriend an account.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:09 am

yeah I think I pulled like 60 last week, but I'm not addicted or anything I can quit anytime I want too :P
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:50 pm

Second hand WoW
Masteroftheweb
Vagabond

Post by Masteroftheweb » Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:10 pm

First off.... I hate Tyra in general... the bitch pushes her morals and beliefs on others...

2nd... it's not just virtual... there are REAL people on the other end... it's the equalilant of ignoring her for friends, which she listed... but less expensive.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:33 am

Draco wrote:I hate Tyra in general... the bitch pushes her morals and beliefs on others...
Dude their is no talk show that doesnt.
besides she's like the least bitchy person on daytime tv.
Masteroftheweb
Vagabond

Post by Masteroftheweb » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:52 pm

I don't even remember what she said anymore, but she once said someting that made me absoltly hate her.... in all honesty, I think it was an abortioon issue, and she spoke as if she were the only one that could possible be right. I've never seen anyone else talking like that before.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:33 pm

Hahahahaha!