Ultimate Alliance

Everything from Console, PC & Handheld. This is the place your none On-line Graphic related play things go.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:59 pm

good graphics? simple low end models with good shaders applied.
good game play? its a simple beat em up, with various specials moves and xp...but still a simple beat em up.
good game? I am way too biased to answer that, so i wont try.

First off its a Marvel Comics game...Second, their is a Giant Iron Man / Mandarin thing in it, and it does some decent character history recaps by having you talk to people.

I get the feeling most people other wouldnt like it or feel that its onl worth renting.

one gripe,
It sounds like Quinten Flynn(reno FF7:AC) is doing every other voice.

any Marvel games on DS?
Evil Matt
Enforcer

Post by Evil Matt » Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:33 am

I shouldn't say anything since I haven't played it, but my housemate has this. It looks like the new Gauntlet, except not quite as terrible. I think he has admitted that it's a mediocre game, but he still enjoys playing it. Then again, he has four cases of HeroClix. Fan fodder?
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:33 am

New Guantlet is a good way to put it.
But yeah, Fan fodder.

This game isnt going to come close to winning any awards for anything.
(as if the crappy game awards actually ment somthing)

The storyline isnt really even all that great. which is odd, considering how deep the source material can go.
But for the type of game it is, its a lot better than "save the city from gangs" or "rescue your girlfriend"

Another reason I like it, would be becuase its almost like an interactive Marvel comics encyclopedia in the down time. Theirs also this trivia section that I'm burning through with ease.
My formerly useless knowledge is earning me Bonus XP in this game.

Their was also this funny little bit at Murderworld, where I was playing classic Pitfall. and instead of Pitall Harry, I was Wolverine.
Last edited by kaos on Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.