Whoa!

Everything from Console, PC & Handheld. This is the place your none On-line Graphic related play things go.
XenoRaven
Enforcer

Post by XenoRaven » Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:15 pm

Didn't see that coming. This just proves that the handheld market is now just as legitimate as the console market in Japan. This can only bring good things for Nintendo. Though this isn't so good for Sony. Their staple franchises continue to jump ship.

That being said...4 player online co-op action DQ themed action RPG. I don't see how I could go wrong with that purchase.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3155838
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:03 pm

sounds great.
the only thing about multiplayer on handhelds is it just seems like hard work to find sombody with the handheld and appropriate game, the willingness to play AND be sombody that you can stand to play with.

its somthing I experienced back in the original gameboy / game gear days.

Id love to play, its just it seems like such an effort to do.

that may change in the future if handhelds can access online service as easy as any cell phone and have a platform like XBL,

Do they?
I've been out of the hand help loop for far too long.

anyway,
IF I can convince a local friend to pick it up then I'll do the same.
Last edited by kaos on Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trigo
Solider

Post by Trigo » Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:47 am

I know both psp and ds have wireless stuff in them and played someone across the net on mario kart ds.
XenoRaven
Enforcer

Post by XenoRaven » Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:23 am

Well, it's online. The DS online service kinda inconvenient when compared to Xbox Live, but bearable. You basically have to put a "Friend Code" in for each game, and it's up to the dev to create the online menus and stuff. However, it's only a one time input for each game, and I know I'm getting it. And Ben's probably getting it. And I know I have 2 friends that are definitely getting it. So you'll have people to play with, that is if you don't mind playing with me and my friends.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:35 am

Had no idea handhelds were that far along.
no chance of headsets tho is there?

(hehehe, I asked that like I actually talk much)

maybe by the time the games out i'll be setup.
XenoRaven
Enforcer

Post by XenoRaven » Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:49 am

Oh yeah. Both the DS and PSP have wireless technology built in. That means wireless local multiplayer and wireless online service for the games that support them. Nintendo even has a nifty USB adapter that plugs into your PC that sets up a wireless network for your DS and Wii to use if you don't have a wireless router. No voice chat unfortunately though. The only game to use that so far has been Metroid Prime: Hunters, and even then, it only works in the pregame and postgame lobbies.
Xanien
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Xanien » Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:48 pm

Ohhh, that's a good move. It's cheaper ot make a DS game, and there is more of an audience for that sorta thing with the DS. Sony tends to push games "off the wall" sooo quick with the EA releases and all the other big hitters. Games like DQ never get a chance.

DS freaking rocks.