Sony = Win

Everything from Console, PC & Handheld. This is the place your none On-line Graphic related play things go.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:14 am

I must admit.

all the rave reveiws are compelling me to stay away from Gears of war.

the more good things I hear the less I want it.
it could have the makings of a Halo Jr.

and halo isnt one of my top 10....or..30.

that said theirs somthing hard coded in me to dislike what people generally like and love what people generally hate.

So you could chalk it up to that.

"I am the one, that challenges the many"
-Dead Hero
Last edited by kaos on Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bogey
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Bogey » Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:21 am

Matt wrote:I played that Gears of War last night. First ever time I'd played a 360. I must say, it looked fucking great. But.... It reminded me of that "Black" game that was released. Shiny graphics, cutting people up etc etc There you go, new game. Spend money on it.
Ding ding ding, we have a winner! That's all the PS3 has to offer to keep the fuck away.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:14 am

ZING! You're right! That's what most people are going for!

But not me. I'm going to playability (in my games) and I'm going for whatever console has a title I want, too.

I'm going to blow £2k on a new PC within the month. A new PC seems more worthwhile than any console.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:55 pm

Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:30 pm

I've read that before. It's only been out a week.
Measured in megaflops, gigabytes and other technical benchmarks, the PlayStation 3 is certainly the world’s most powerful game console. It falls far short, however, of providing the world’s most engaging overall entertainment experience.
And in time, it will get better. Just as the 360 blew at first and got better in this last year. Just like all the Wii has is silly sports games, through time more games will come out. I'm optimistic that those faults will be ironed out.
Last edited by Matt on Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:35 pm

Dude, he meant that as an insult. When you're designing a gaming console, raw power dosn't cut it. It's something that you have to put togeather carefully. I mean hell, when you look for a car, the best one isn't always the gas sucking horsepower throwing monster, it's a balanced machine. The ps3 is not properly balanced, that's what he's saying, it's all power, but what are you gonna do with it? I could throw a 3 million gig processor in my computer too, does that instantly make it better then a ps3?

As far as that out of the box argument :
Sadly for Sony, the best way to explain how the PlayStation 3 falls short is to explain how different it is to use than its main competition, Xbox 360. When I reviewed the 360 last year, I wrote: "Twelve minutes after opening the box, I had created my nickname, was in a game of Quake 4 and thought, ‘This can’t be this easy.’ "

I never felt that way using the PlayStation 3.
There's more, he does a great job of showing how the ps3 falls short in evertying BUT the power of it's processor. Also, sony has had a full extra year to work on the ps3, and this is THE BEST THEY COULD DO. Sure, there's gonna be improvments, but guess what? Microsoft is gonna be improving as well.

But yeah, by all means, be optomistic, but i wouldn't go out and buy one until what you're hoping for actually happens.
Bogey
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Bogey » Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:44 pm

Exactly, they had an extra whole year to pull their finger out and do something worthwhile with it. But they didn't.

The sad thing it though, that the PS3 doesn't just have good hardware as it's main selling point. It has the name "playstation" which is the prime reason people will buy it, just like people buy shitty gold jewellery as a status symbol.

Most people do not go for the best hardware, as is shown in past sales. It has already been raised that the PS did better than the N64. Plus the PS2 did better than the XBox and the Gamecube which both had superiour technology.

I think the PS3 will sell well, but for all the wrong reasons.

I started this year thinking I probably won't buy a games console ever again. But I decided to take interest and have been following the 3 consoles all year. I followed them pretty closely considering I haven't bothered with consoles for so long, but sony just really have not said anything that amazes me. Even the 360 has interested me, and I used to hate the Xbox, along with Microsoft. As for nintendo, I used to think that perhaps the only market left for them was the handheld, but when I think about the Wii I actually get excited about it, and that hasn't happened since back when I had a megadrive.

This discussion has gone on for so long here, and popped up so many times. People here actually have opinions on the consoles that they want to buy. If you're just going to defend a console you're not even sure you yourself are going to buy yet. Then what exactly is your point? I find it kind of funny you saying it's more worthwhile buying a PC. That was my opening post.
Masteroftheweb
Vagabond

Post by Masteroftheweb » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:35 pm

kaos wrote:What kinda game is your thing?
Cuzz if your talking in general...
then theirs none on the ps3 nor the Wii either......possibly even PC.

In all honesty.... yeah... I hadn't really realized it till now... but I do0n't really have a desire to play many game anymore period... the only expections are "Lair" (It's got dragons *nods*) the new zelda game, and the one I'm already playing, Wow.

I haven't seen a new RPG that I have had a desire to get in quite a while...
Bogey
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Bogey » Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:12 pm

It's a shame when that happens. I haven't really felt interested in games for such a long time. Which is probably why I hop between MMORPG's, because you can get loads of gameplay out of them without worrying about what new games are coming out.
Masteroftheweb
Vagabond

Post by Masteroftheweb » Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:13 am

True dat... instead of waiting for the next big hit, and playing crappy ones in between, I just play one game I know entertains me enough for me to play it for a year+ now.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:50 am

Well, I don't mind anyway. I'll get one, if only to play Metal Gear Solid 4. It'll be a least 2 years before I get one. Unless in the next 2 years I come into a substantial amount of moolah.

Which means I'm going to make a thread about my next purchase.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:43 pm

VIVA PINATA!

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/11/29/viva-pin...at-genji-jokes/

I dont care what the writter thinks, that there is a funny ass developer joke right there.
umhmm.
Last edited by kaos on Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:40 pm

i'm mostly into handheld games these days. There's some good old skool stuff there. The wii looks like good fun too.

and unfortunatly, that joke, along with the guy yelling 'riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiidge racer' will never get old.
Last edited by Super Goat Weed on Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:38 pm

I want a PSP purely for having a gameboy emulator on it. Fuck buying PSP games. GAMEBOY FTW.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:24 am

why not just get a DS? it's cheeper, has better games, and a touch screen. Plus, no fooling with emulators to get it to play game boy games.