Tokyo Game Show 20006

Everything from Console, PC & Handheld. This is the place your none On-line Graphic related play things go.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:00 pm

funny how the exact points of why KH was an fucking awesome rpg are now coming back as to why lost odyssey looks disappointing.

I play games for story content, so I don't care how it plays half the time, I'm prolly the only guy in the world that seriously wouldn't mind the great evil of an interactive movie that games are indanger of becoming.

Most japanophiles wants to suck off Toriyama and go into some form of an epileptic fit if you dare say anything negative about his 'artwork' so I'm fairly certain that Microsoft know what there doing at this point. Whilst Japan is an important market in the world of electronics it is a FUCKING hard egg to break into, especially for some gajun.

Lost Odyssey looks like a fun RPG, sure it's one man army mode, but if you seriously have a compliant about that then you need to look at every game made in around the last 25 years. It's a fantasy game, If you want realism go play BubbleBobble.

I really dislike Toriyama so I'll prolly avoid Dragonball Z ... sorry Blue Dragon, simply because I'm a stuborn cunt.

To call Sakiguchi the only talented member of Squaresoft team is somewhat of a leap of imagination, there are many talented individuals within the company, Nomura for example. However , I agree that almost none of them had his vision of what would make a great game, he wasn't a smart business man and that is what signalled his end at Square-Enix, with the Titanic The Spirit Within the final nail in the coffin.

What's sad is that the man, wanted to make games and make good games and he got frozen out by the company, he almost single handedly saved.

In a game industry of EA's, THQ's and Square-Enix's I as gamer am increasingly concerned that the value that big companies put into their games is waining. It's more important to buy a franchinse than to make a BETTER game than the competitor.

Sakiguchi hasn't let me down yet, time will tell.
Last edited by Mik on Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:59 pm

yeah the game industry is pretty much going to mirror the movie industry

low budget independant films will rock
but since nobody hears of them bug production houses will steal their ideas. and rock till they fuck it up.
Xanien
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Xanien » Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:46 am

I wanted to put up a picture or two of the TGS ... maybe I"ll post up more later when my friends send me theirs.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:53 pm

that chick looks like she's posing for sombody else entirely
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:41 pm

those are the only two pics you have?

you went to the TGS and came back with a cheesy looking model and some blurry glare ridden PS hardware?

please tell me you have something better then that. You went to the friggin TGS. I've debated doing many an evil thing to get into either that or E3, and since there IS no E3 anymore...
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:57 pm

That chicks head looks like it was glued ontop of the body

Xan, tell the truth, that's you isn't it ?
Last edited by Mik on Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bogey
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Bogey » Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:11 pm

fugly
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:00 pm

i know how bad just posting 2 pics!!! I would of been thrown out cause of the ammount of pics i would of taken ... think i was a spy hahahaha sh lol more pics please!!!!!!
Xanien
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Xanien » Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:42 pm

I have to link the rest because the size allowed to post pics is too small. I only posted my two Cell phone pictures first because they were of small size. The girl was posing for somebody else, I thought what the hell and snapped it. I actually felt bad taking pictures of any of the girls there. They all seemed dead or dying inside already . . .