Tokyo Game Show 20006

Everything from Console, PC & Handheld. This is the place your none On-line Graphic related play things go.
Xanien
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Xanien » Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:27 pm

Does anybody really care though? Anybody want to hear about any new games coming out or a certain company? I tried to visit almost all the booths to see what companies had to offer . . . XBOX 360 had DOA Volleyball 2 and an online Gundam game, Bandai/Namco had lots of Gundam and a new DragonballZ Neo game which I BELIEVE is the last one since every single character that had ever appeared in the series and every move used in the series is in there too . . .

I sat in the closed theater for SquareEnix's previews . . . was fucking DUMBFOUNDED by how freaking beautiful FFXIII looked, how good the music was, and how sweet the gameplay seemed (played faster than DMC, real time action, enemies take damage and what have you . . . the graphics for the game are BETTER than FMVs in games now) . . . well I could keep going on and on but if nobody really cares about anything in particular, than oh well.

Just thought I'd let everybody know in case they wanted to hear about something. I got tons of company handouts too. Maybe I'll take pics of the pages and put them up later . . .

Anyways, let me know.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:55 pm

blue dragon

lost odessy

trusty bell /eternal sonota
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:54 pm

FFXIII?

WHERE THE FUCK IS 12?
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:16 pm

the ff13 chick looks like a dude

ff12 is out in the us soon and next year in europe.
its going to be overshadowed by all the end of the year end and new year game and console releases.
Masteroftheweb
Vagabond

Post by Masteroftheweb » Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:26 pm

true
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:31 pm

What's the bet they slip at least one small Red XIII reference in there?
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:43 pm

id have taken taht bet a few years ago.
but they seem to insist on milking ff7 now.
Xanien
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Xanien » Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:30 am

Are those all Xbox 360 releases Kaos? I know Blue Dragon is being done by Akira Toriyama, but I actually didn't get a chance to see it. I saw DOA Beach Volleyball 2, a few FPS games, and Gundam Online (which looks pretty cool). And yeah, FFXII has been out here for a while. You heard about the sequel on the DS Lite, right? FFXII Revenant Wings? Takes place after the game.

BTW, did I say that FFVII Crisis Core looks AMAZINGLY good? It's the closest you'll ever get to a "sequel" for FFVII. The graphics could rival those of Kingdom Hearts 1 on the PS2. It's more of an action RPG with PS2 like graphics on the PSP (I might just have to buy a PSP one of these days when they drop in price). But yeah, I'll post up pictures in a few days. Promise.
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:24 am

I've got no interest in FF the only one i ever liked was 7 and it pretty much had shit graphics ... all everybody cares is how good the graphics is and how amazing it looks ... whats happened to all the game makers trying to make a game good to play, if i want to see nice cgi i will watch a movie.

I just dont think theres any good games coming out at the moment. :( i dont even have a 360 yet cause the games are expensive and there arnt any new good games for it :( if i wanted a 360 it would be a laptop verison
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:24 am

what's with all the fucking sequels ? Square-enix have jumped the fucking shark.

After 12, unless it has Nomura on it, I ain't buying it.
XenoRaven
Enforcer

Post by XenoRaven » Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:43 pm

Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey are being developed by Mystwalker (Mistwalker?) a company started by former Square developer Hironobu Sakaguchi. He was basically the most talented person in that company before he left. Toriyama is working on the character designs for Blue Dragon (obviously) and Nobuo Uematsu is working on the scores for both games I believe. A lot of the Chrono Trigger team is working on the Blue Dragon project too apparently. I dunno though, I think both games look pretty unremarkable. I think Microsoft is grossly overestimating the power of these games, which makes me fear for their success in Japan.

More and more, it looks like the Wii will be the only console that matters out the gate in Japan.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:13 pm

unremarkable?

Lost odessy loosk pretty standard i'll give you that.
but blue dragon, that looks pretty good

ofcourse i can see why people would cast it off for similar reasons theyd cast off KH. it looks juvenile. but so did chrono triger and all the "of mana" series games.
granted most of us were juvenile too when those games released. however growing up doesnt mean you have to totally deny your inner child or some psychology bs like that.

I might be the only one who took the toys 'r' us commercials as an oath.

"I wont grow up"

Now if you'll excuse me, theirs some action figures that need tending too.
XenoRaven
Enforcer

Post by XenoRaven » Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:23 pm

It's not because the visuals are juvenile. I actually think the visual style is awesome. Hell, Wind Waker is one of my favorite games, and I'd say it's one of the best looking games last generation. So it's not that fact that it looks kiddy. It's the fact that the gameplay looks bland and uninteresting. Now, I could be wrong, considering that I'd probably think the same thing of Dragon Quest VIII if I just saw a demo, but I'm only judging by what I saw from the demo. I'll still definitely check the game out, but I'm not as excited as I was before, and I don't think the game will be the juggernaut JRPG that Microsoft thinks it will be.

As skeptical as I am about Blue Dragon though, I'm a lot more wary of Lost Odyssey now.

Oh, and apparently I missed a few years. 20006? >_>
Last edited by XenoRaven on Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:26 pm

lost oddessy looses big points with me too.
it looks like theirs no real interaction with it.
could have just been the particular part of the game, but the player seemd to have zero free will.
XenoRaven
Enforcer

Post by XenoRaven » Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:32 pm

I was immediately let down when it went through that huge awesome large-scale war action sequence. Then it showed the guy destroying everybody like Matrix meets Lord of the Rings. Then it went to actual gameplay and he's just standing there. Then the guy playing hits "Attack" and then he attacks. Then the enemy attacks and the guy defends. It instantly sucked away all the energy built up from the prior cutscene.
Last edited by XenoRaven on Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.