AC story compared to Game story

Everything from Console, PC & Handheld. This is the place your none On-line Graphic related play things go.
Masteroftheweb
Vagabond

Post by Masteroftheweb » Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:21 am

We have all read this before, but I wrote this when I knew the FF7 story like the back of my hand. This is pre AC, and about the only thing that's been editted over time has been grammer, and small details, like where cloud stabbed sephy.

But even those edits are pre AC.
I’m bored, so I have come up with this FF7 summarization. This is in order of the game time, not game play
It’s spoiler free because I don’t use names (he he he suckers… anyone with half a mind can figure out who I’m talking about)

Boy meets girl

Girl doesn’t notice boy

Boy likes girl and wants girl’s attention

Boy asks girl to meet him at the well

Boy doesn’t think girl will come, that girl hates boy

Girl is surprised but comes

They have talk and make promise

Girl has recently had mother die and thinks that she can meet up with her beyond crazily scary mountain.

Boy follows girl as she goes through mountains

Girl’s pussy friends abandon her

Girl losses footing and falls into a canyon that by all rights should kill anyone

Boy tries to save her but also falls

Girl is in a coma for 7 days and boy is chewed out for "bringing girl to dangerous place"

Boy feels that he let girl down and that he’s to weak to protect girl or anyone else

Boy thinks that if he joins SOLDIER, he can become stronger

Boy leaves to join SOLDIER

Girl starts to think of boy often

2 years later boy comes back home on mission, but is ashamed that he could not get into SOLDIER and doesn’t want anyone to know

Girl thinks that boy did not come back.

Soon to be villain, girl, best friend, lackey #1, and lackey #2 (boy) all go to mountain to inspect mako reactor

Group crosses bridge and it breaks, everyone except lackey # 1 survives

Group makes their way up to reactor and boy is posted to make sure girl doesn’t go into reactor

Girl doesn’t know that lackey #2 is really boy

Soon to be villain begins to loss his mind

Kick ass villain losses mind and burns the town down.

Boy gives chase to Villain

Girl grabs kick ass sword and tries to avenge father and town

Boy watches, as girl is NASTY gash and sickening bounce to the ground

Boy watches as best friend comes flying out of room after trying to take on villain

Boy takes best friends HUGE sword and runs to villain

Boy slashes villain across the back

Boy goes and takes girl off to the side

Villain comes out with "mother’s" head in hand

Best friend tells Boy to kill villain

Boy goes after villain and takes kick ass sword to the chest

Boy taps into some sort of hidden power and tosses villain aside like a rag doll, effectively killing villain

Boy more than likely collapses

Girl’s martial arts teacher comes and takes girl away to save her life

Crazy spasmodic scientist comes and experiments on best friend and boy

Boy is not given number

Best friend is numbered (2)

5 years pass

Man and best friend decide to make escape

Man and Best friend make it to Midgar

Man is out of it and best friend tries to carry the both of them to Midgar

Man is left for dead while best friend is mercilessly gunned down to the point where it’s actually kinda funny

Man makes it to sector 7 train station (although how he got past the gate, monsters, and junk remains to be seen)

Center of gravity offset by huge fucking tited woman comes along and finds Man

Man recognizes Woman was childhood friend, but his mind is so fucked up that he can’t remember everything and the deep shame of not making it into SOLDIER forces his fucked up mind to think his life was the one led by best friend

Woman and man have brief conversation, woman asks how long its been and man says "5 years"

Woman thinks it’s actually been 7 years because woman didn’t know that man was in fact in hometown when it was burnt down

Woman decides that she needs more time with man and tells him about renegade team that fights evil corporation that apparently owns THE WORLD minus one town.

Man and Black Hulk with gun for arm go on first mission to blow up mako reactor to save world

Man and hulk succeed

Man meets planet-talking slut that later wants to get to know "YOU" (I think we all know what she meant)

Man makes it back to hide out and tries to leave, but woman talks him out of it by making him remember the promise made at the well (see line…. somewhere at the beginning)

Man says promise is null and void because he isn’t famous

Man, Woman, and Hulk go to blow up another reactor

Ultimately man falls to his doom (or at least he would have if the law of gravity had any say about it) but hard ass roof and small patch of flowers breaks his fall (yeah….)

Man meets slut again

Slut is immediately turned on because man looks like ex-boyfriend, whom just happen to be one in the same as Best Friend

Man and Slut talk about pointless things like white orb of uselessness… ect.

Enter fucking cool bad guy team

Slut wants to hire Man as a bodyguard

Man and slut make their escape

Man and slut go to slut’s house, but at first goes to tube to meet #2 (how can slut not recognize her boyfriend one might wonder)

Man meets slut’s mom

Slut’s mom also sees Best friend in Man

Mom asks man to leave without slut

Man tries…. But fails

Man and slut have talk on playground and see woman go off in Chocobo driven cart

Man and slut chase after woman

Man cross dresses

Man and slut save woman

Man, slut and woman make it back to sector 7 in time to see half the renegade team die

Slut runs off to save little girl

Man and woman help hulk, but fail to save sector 7 and escape in just enough time to not be crushed

Man, woman, and Hulk go to save slut

Group gets into evil corp.’s headquarters

Enter Nanaki (he’s to fucking cool to not have a name)

Group gains most kick ass character in ALL final fantasies

Group plus Nanaki save slut

Group are captured again

Group learns that president has been killed by suppose to be dead villain

Group meets new president (yes… corporations are handed down like royalty and the son does become the new president despite lack of any experience)

Group escapes Midgar

Man decides to chase kickass dead villain

Group becomes team

Man goes to Kalm and tells the story of 5 years ago as described in the section…. Up there… but with holes throughout the whole story

Team meets fucking cool bad guy team’s new recruit…. who seems to lack brain cells

Team gets to cannon town

Man saves little girl

Man impersonates corp. soldiers

Team magically appears in boat

Team meets dead villain and fights villain’s "mother"

Team gets to other continent and continues chasing villain

Teams enters hulk’s home town (despite the fact that it’s not his hometown, but why argue)

Team goes to Golden Saucer

Team meets future telling moron

Team goes to desert prison (which is hulks real hometown… but why mention that, lets just let the player figure it out via flashbacks)

Hulk kills HIS best friend

Man wins bird race

Team is set free

Team goes to best friend’s parent’s house (yet even after Man’s memory gets fixed… no one thinks to tell these poor people that best friend is dead)

Team goes to Cosmo Canyon (THE best place in the world)

Nanaki learns truth about father

Team gets to Man and Woman’s hometown

Shit hits the fan

Man meets villain face to face

Villain lets Man live

Team gets to rocket town

Enter bitter old awesome guy

Guy has had it up to here with evil corp. *hold hand high*

Guy joins team… cause he has nothing better to do

Team goes to random place and learns about lock opening rock

Team goes back to golden saucer

Man gets lock opening rock

Man and… some person go on date

Man and… some person… chases Moron

Moron turns out to be a spy

Moron despite being a spy wants to help out… or spy on you more… whichever

Man, slut, and random person go to temple of the ancients

Moron valiantly sacrifices himself to make dark magic orb (although it’s not much of a sacrifice considering he’s a fucking ROBOT… and not the AI kind… he’s an RC car… controlled by a remote)

Man gains dark magic orb

Man gives dark magic orb to villain in a fit of insanity

Slut runs off

Man talks to slut in dream

Team goes after slut

Team gains moon instrument

Team gets to ancients city

Team goes to bed

Team finds stairs that weren’t there before (and player hums "stairway to heaven")

Man almost kills slut against his will

Villain comes down and sickeningly stabs slut through the midsection (the only thing that would have made this scene better would be blood)

Recap: Slut lets herself get killed because she has to return to the planet in order to save it

White orb of uselessness is pale green… indicating that the planet will help save itself

Man becomes pissed that Slut is killed

Team chases after villain

Team comes to snow town and learns the truth behind Slut’s real mother and father

Team leaves Slut’s hometown by means of snowboard

Team goes to crater

Team comes face to face with villain whom tries to show Man the truth of what happened 5 years ago (cause remember… he’s fucked up)

Man refuses to listen in a childish manner

Villain tells man that he did not exists prior to 5 years ago

Man tries to remember the holes in his story

Man continues on thinking he is, as villain claims… a puppet

Man tricks team into thinking he is alright

Man gets dark magic orb and floats to the ceiling

Man sees the real Villain, as the villain you have been chasing is nothing more than a clone that the real villain’s will took over because he’s to stubborn to be absorbed by the planet

Weapon is released (which I find ironic…. because remember the pale green orb? …. So…. It’s going to save everyone just for weapon to kill everyone…?)

Woman gets knocked on her ass and is put into a coma for 7 days (she has a thing for comas that last 7 days don’t she)

Woman wakes up too find that hulk is the only one around

Hulk shows woman planet in the sky

Hulk and woman are to be executed because of this "planet"

Moron saves hulk, and they both try to save woman… but to no avail

Weapon attack cannon town (which is where all this is taking place)

Moron and hulk (and possibly ninja if you have her) make their way to flying ship

Woman is being gassed, but due to weapons well places laser beam, woman is able to escape

Woman runs away and gets into cat fight with evil bitch

Woman jumps for flying ship

Everyone escapes

Blah blah blah

After flying around cause they can (I know I had fun doing it) they find Man

Man is ENTIRELY fucked up

Woman decides to stay with Man

Guy becomes new team leader

Guy goes and gets huge magic rocks…

Guy goes back and has to fight weapon

All hell breaks loose

Woman and Man fall into life stream

Woman helps Man remember everything (My personal favorite part of the game)

Man gets huge magic rock from underwater place

Team goes into space on rocket made missile

Team comes back to earth

Rocket made missile strikes planet and blows the fuck up

Planet is not destroyed and everyone is going to die WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Team goes back to the happiest place on otherworld…. Cosmo canyon

Old floating guy temporarily joins you to go to ancient city

Teams gets key from underwater with sub that was stolen (gotta love stealing every form of transportation from the evil people… except the buggy…. damn that buggy and not being from evil people)

Team goes to ancient city and blah blah blah

The team leaves the city and the coolest weapon comes up to destroy Midgar who now has the cannon city’s cannon

Team fights CW (cool weapon) whom promptly blows you off when it has more important things to do… like kill everyone in Midgar

The cannon fires… killing CW, but not before CW fires shots that will kill most people in evil corps headquarters including his royal highness, the president. (HA Take that!)

Team tries to go to crater

Team is stopped

Team goes to Midgar for some reason that I’m not going through because this isn’t a walkthrough

Man fights Crazy spasmodic Scientist

Team goes to settle things with Villain

Team fights the last Jenova (the real villain… and true threat to the planet… the one bending kick ass villain to it’s will)

Team fights Bizzaro villain

Team fights Safer Villain

Man fights Villain’s will and FORCES him to disperse into the lifestream

Planet comes down and kills everyone

Wait… pale green shit stops planet…

What’s going on?

I don’t get it

The final scene is a 548 year old Nanaki looking over a jungle overgrowthed Midgar

And there you go

Welp folks… that’s all to ff7 when you break it down

A mean 10 pages…. God damn that’s a lot if actually written out…. Something tells me this is a very deep, very good story

he he he sucker… I KNOW it’s a very deep and very good story

on a side note… I would hate to be Marlene’s boyfriend… can you even think of the shit Barret would do to you when he found out you plucked his little girls flower… this is a man who’s reasons behind murder are "he looked like he needed killin’"

Now tell me there are no plot holes.

Also
A plot hole is a gap in a storyline that goes against the flow of logic set-up by the plot or that undermines the basic premises of the story. Plot holes are usually seen as weaknesses and flaws in a story, and writers try to avoid them (except in certain deliberate circumstances, usually for humorous effect) to make their stories seem as realistic and lifelike as possible.

The viewing or reading audience notes a plot hole when something happens during the story that seems highly unlikely, or would be impossible to imitate in real life. It is usually seen as a mark of good writing or directing when a storyteller presents a story in such a way that the audience does not notice plot holes, or willingly chooses to overlook them in favor of enjoying the story.

And thus... it doesn't matter WHO owns the story of FF... plot holes still exist.
Last edited by Masteroftheweb on Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bogey
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Bogey » Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:35 am

I don't really see the point to this thread. Where exactly did you point out the plot holes that AC brought up?

Oh, that's right. You haven't watched it.
Masteroftheweb
Vagabond

Post by Masteroftheweb » Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:50 am

I was busy reading the AC story so that I could take note of all of them rather than just the ones I've heard about just now.

Aeris, sephy, zack, all there spirits are apparently still there. In the FF7 world, that's not possable, when a spirit returns to the life stream, it is disburst and used in the rebirth of other things. If you want to ignore sephy's being forced into the life stream, we know that aeris did, because holy reacted.

If the life stream apparently destroys jenova cells, then the head is deffiantly gone, since it went with sephy into the life stream the first time cloud killed him. In either format, last order, or the game, you see the head go down as well.

While this one is up to the player, The turks are one of 2 things, dead, or unemployed. The final confentation with them gives you a chioce of fighting them or not. If you do, you kill them. If you don't they go awya because "Shinra is finished. We're out of a job, and so we have no reason to fight you"

I don't exactly know if these 3 "brothers" are of the orginal clones, but all those clones were killed in the reunion.

I hate vincent

And rufus is dead yuk yuk pew pew, or whatever mik said.
Last edited by Masteroftheweb on Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bogey
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Bogey » Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:54 am

That dead horse is really starting to smell, you should get rid of it.
Masteroftheweb
Vagabond

Post by Masteroftheweb » Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:56 am

I'd like to beat vincent...
Bogey
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Bogey » Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:28 am

While you're at it, why don't you go discredit a shit load of major comic books and probably that manga shite you read too. What you point out as plot holes was never defined, and is merely artistic licensing.
Last edited by Bogey on Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:43 am

Plot holes as you claim them are in EVERY STORY IN THE WORLD, EVER.

That which is NOT defined, is subject to the will of the writters in the future.

Much like Dr. Sid's explination of the lifestream (Gaia) in 'The Spirits Within', it is a THEORY that the CHARACTER believes in, it may or may not be entirely accurate in actuallity. Even if it is 100% accurate when you watch the 3D projection Bugenhagen
shows (if I recall correctly) a tree dying it's spirit returning to the planet where upon it mixes with the other spirits (this process takes time around 10 seconds or so in footage) where it eventually returns as something else (again I believe there was two dying items now, but it is left unclear as to which 'made' which creature, I believe this was done on purpose) the length of time a spirit remains in the life stream untill it is reborn is unknown because he can't know, there is no way to test any of this. His entire scientific discussion is completely unprovable, it just so happens he is seemingly correct.

You assume Rufus is killed because of what the writter/s WANTS you to assume it, he is 'dead' according to reports made by his own company. Despite evidence to the contray Rufus is not entirely retarded and is a media savy individual he could just have easily faked the dead in order to create sympathy for Shin-ra.

You never see the body, number 1 rule in any story is that no-one is dead till you see the body and even then ... don't bet on it. Also bare in mind that the party (the one you play) throughout the game suffers attacks greater than or equal to the destructive power of that blast with limited ie. non-fatal damage done to them, including pointblank fire from fully automatic weaponary with large callibre rounds. Now the beam that Weapon fires, does gut the place in fire but does NO significant structural damage (the tower is still intact).

Where ... in the ENTIRE story of FF7 does it EVER say that the lifestream destroys Jenova cells, there is actually no evidence for that at all. If it where true everytime Cloud fell in the lifestream (happens a few times) he would be destroyed considering a he has been 'showered' in MAKO and injected with JENOVA cells.

You can suspend you disbelief for there being dragons, magic, lava-esque life energy, steampunk weapons grafted directly onto limbs with no medical care center of any kind being shown (you never see 1 hosptial), Airships that are massive, that stays in flight without ever needing to refuel and there only being around 600 people in the entire world but you can't suspend disbelief that Rufus might not have been killed or JENOVA, who is an space demon that came to earth like 1000 years ago via a metor that almost smashed into the earth but was stopped by 'the planet' head still kicking around 2 years later, nah that's just too far fatched that is.
Masteroftheweb
Vagabond

Post by Masteroftheweb » Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:41 pm

The mako water that cured the desease is where I get that mako kills jenova thing.

I refuse to beleive he's alive becuase I watch his body get VAPORIZE! It's there, then it's not, I know, I can litterally watch that scene right now. It's a very cool seen, so I have a save for it.

Given that sephy's spirit completely dispired into random energy, I would like to think it's safe to assume that the conciousness is gone when it returns to the stream.

I can't beleive these things because there is evidence to the contrary. The head still being around, I'd buy... it fell int he mako stream with sephy. Rufus having it this whole time, that's the part I don't by... and not just because he's suppose to be dead.

As for major comics books, I don't read them for that very fact. Hell, A buddy of mine who does still keep up with comic books told me magneto died... we laughed about it and said he'll be back in 3 issues.... he was back in 2.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:10 pm

the writter that wrote magnetos death was a dickhead

getting magneto back was more of a retcon than an "oh he's not really dead" thing.

the writter basicly turned the the character of magneto into a drug addicted nazi, complete with gas chambers to kill mass amounts of humans in.

the story was fixed in such a way were instead of reviving a dead character they point out that the character wasnt actually magneto at all.
and given the new out of character nazi dickhead persona the writter gave magneto the retcon is most certainly a believable one.

mainstream comics are writtin in a fairly fluid and seemless manner
so even when you take somthing back, you have to do it such a way that it still moves things forward.

you cant really fualt a on going book for too many things considering that its been around since about 20 years before most of us were born is still going today, and has had wel over 100 different writters.
Last edited by kaos on Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Masteroftheweb
Vagabond

Post by Masteroftheweb » Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:16 pm

And a hundred differnet universes and story lines... my personal favorite was when jean died recently, and her tomb stone said something to effect of "here lies jean grey, for now at least"

I'm paraphrasing from a weak memory... I remember laughing though, and dustin saying "even the x-men know she wont be dead long"

This gives a whole new light to my wishing that some stories wouldn't end... proof that everyhting needs and ending :E
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:24 am

He didn't have the head all along they actually had go get it .. it's in the movie, infact it's at the start of the movie.

The Geostigma as a diease is never really explained all that well and the information I have on it ... it's randomly plucked for somewhere, although the water at the end does cure them, so did the rain near the end of the film. It's poorly explained and therefore we can only assume what Geostigma is .. this is dangerous as it maybe not be what is the actual case .. simply our opinon on the matter given the details proven at the time.

Real world example.

Dinosaur bones exsist ... given their reptilian look they where at some point assumed to be cold blooded, solitary and be exceptional slow, I think theyre was one theory where that reckoned a diplodocaus( sp) lived in water because the weight of moving would break it's own legs.

They have no proof and are making edcuated guess based on the material in fornt of them most of the stuff I listed has been 'revised' and they now believe some had feathers, run at 60 Kmph and where capable very complex pack mentality.
Masteroftheweb
Vagabond

Post by Masteroftheweb » Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:33 pm

The original upright construction of the rex as we thought it moved would beak it's back in 3 places if true *nods*
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:18 am

I actually watched FF7:AC with my 10 year old brother last night.

Note to Self: Your brother is fucking annoying, don't watch movies with him again.

Anywho, I listened closer and refreshed my memory on the particulars and mostly all your issues are address it doesn't matter what said before in true retcon style you may not like it but you will have to take it.
Massacre
Solider

Post by Massacre » Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:01 pm

I wonder if MotW would have more credibility if he knew how to type....
Masteroftheweb
Vagabond

Post by Masteroftheweb » Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:31 pm

You know.... even illiterate people have credibility. They simply cannot convey what they mean on paper.

So kindly shut the hell up, and stop being dumb. You lose credibility that way.