Final Fantasy Advent Children

Everything from Console, PC & Handheld. This is the place your none On-line Graphic related play things go.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:58 pm

I think he's rabbiting on about the BUT OMGZ GUYZ RUFUS DIED !!!11!!!! arguement, again.

But they did make into an anime, Last Order came with the FF7:AC Special Edition or something in Japan and it was anime. It was pretty cool too if I remember rightly, although fairly short (30mins or so I think).

People where always going to disappointed by FF7:AC they hyped it to themselves too much, it's an enteraining way to waste an hour and 20. It's a beautiful looking piece and hearing the characters, who where overall pretty well voice-acted (for once) walk around in pwnage level graphics was cool.

The run time always concerned me, the orginal run time of the game is something like 40 odd hours of play, that's assuming to power through the game at a breakneck speed, that's alot of content. People want some serious content in this movie and it's hard to pack that into 80mins of footage.

So they went for max eye candy and kept the story fairly light, the rest of the cast with the exception of Tifa where cameo roles at best, which is just not gonna be enough for fans of the game in which nearly every character had detailed background that you explored (c'ept Cait Sith). Red XIII had 1 line.
Last edited by Mik on Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:59 pm

Nothing seemed to add up to me, but perhaps that was just me. Cloud went from being the saviour of the world to an emo pussy. They dragged out the whole Aerith thing. They randomly threw the best evil character in all of video gaming in at the end to appease fans, thing is, they did it in the worst possible way.

The fight scenes were awesome. I'll attest to that. But the story was a little weak.

I did wonder about the Rufus thing. The runtime certainly let me down and I watched the Japanese version, but the voice acting was still pretty cool at that. Having said that ^ about the story being weak. The whole Geostigma thing was a very cool concept. The runtime annoyed me greatly :( They cut character deveopment time for "OMGZ SEFIROF IZ HERE! QUICK! LOOK COOL!"
Last edited by Matt on Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:05 pm

People forget that Cloud was always an emo pussy (HAHAHAHA freaky as hell as soon as I typed that Aerith/Aeris theme just came up on my soundtrack radio station) he never really wanted to be a hero, that was just a byproduct of kicking Sephy's ass. Hell for nearly the entire game he ran around thinking he was Zack cause he thought he was such a failure/ JENOVA cells made him think he was.

The story was weak but again at 80minutes they where gonna be pushed for time.
Last edited by Mik on Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:13 pm

True, but after you've saved the world I ask anyone to feel all depressed and shit. The chicks would dig you. They'd be like "oh it's that Cloud guy! What a wierd name think he'll let me swing on his cock? :E "

But seriously. I'd actually forgotten about that :P
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:36 pm

Actually, after the intial elation of victory, many people get depressed after sigificant events, things will never be the same after that point. A real world example would be VE day, I'm sure there was alot of jubilation on that day but later, after that, all your left with are memories of lost friends.

Look at it this way, he was the saviour of the world, now he's a delivery boy and after the 15 minutes of fame fades, I'm sure all those chicks will be like ... cloud who ?
Last edited by Mik on Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:49 pm

I thought they were like "Cloud Who?" anyway

I was under the impression that the majority of the world had no idea what saved them, much less what plagued them.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:01 pm

That's a fairly good point as far as their concerned green stuff killed Comet.
XenoRaven
Enforcer

Post by XenoRaven » Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:25 am

I'll keep in mind that I'll get an unwarranted tongue lashing every time my opinion differs from yours. I'll also keep in mind that you'll continuously bring up the Halo reference as if my whole world revolved around it. If you're going to be an ass, at least get some new ammo. Try and make it a little interesting.
Bogey
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Bogey » Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:31 am

It's a little unfair calling cloud an emo pussy, he was afterall schizophrenic. His mind was fucked up, and still was after the game. It would take a lot of time to get over, not just save the world and click it's gone.
Masteroftheweb
Vagabond

Post by Masteroftheweb » Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:33 am

I wouldn't call him an emo pussy at all really... he was never really a woes is me type thing... he just had to face reality at some point, when things were straightened out in his head. He still killed sephiroth though... so pussy is deffinatly out.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:56 am

XenoRaven wrote:I'll keep in mind that I'll get an unwarranted tongue lashing every time my opinion differs from yours. I'll also keep in mind that you'll continuously bring up the Halo reference as if my whole world revolved around it. If you're going to be an ass, at least get some new ammo. Try and make it a little interesting.

Well if you couldn't stick the heat, you should stay out of the kitchen.

It's a fairly good referance in my opinon, it gives balance to what you just say and puts it in context. Joe quite rightly put me in my place in another topic, you can't shout the praise something and not take it into account when making another comment.

FF8 story is good.

I'm making a comment on FF9's Story now you have to make littel equation here.

IS;
FF8 story > or = or < FF9's Story

Now dispite pro's and con's for both sides in my opinon I'd say

FF8 story = FF9 story

for different reasons.

But what I Actually said was ff8 story was okay but ff9's was awful. Joe rightly called me up on and I retracted my statement.

So I bring up the Halo referance in a attempt to call you up on your arguement, everything in context, Halo is good in your world so everything has to be judged in realtion to Halo is good. I release I'm crossing genres and it therefore has less bite or makes alot less sense but someday you might learn that sometimes I am being a prick on purpose in a vain attempt to be humorous (see: Any time I talk about Metal Gear).

Halo story < Where's Waldo story
Last edited by Mik on Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Masteroftheweb
Vagabond

Post by Masteroftheweb » Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:54 pm

And yet when Ic all squall gay, no one takes it for humor. The only reason I push it is becuase of the post Matt threw up a long time ago... and even then we know that was humor.

And in response too waldo

XenoRaven
Enforcer

Post by XenoRaven » Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:59 pm

Believe me, I've been around long enough to learn that lesson. But believe it or not, I tend to have a rebuttal ready when someone attempts to make me look foolish for no apparent reason. Especially when it's in the context of a subject that I consider myself credible and knowledgable in.

But no, there have been plenty of instances in the past where I have been a total douche bag to someone for the sake of humor. The difference here is that I always try to make sure I have a firm basis for it beforehand instead of just getting surly because someone doesn't like something that I do like. Also, I try to mix it up creatively to maximize effectiveness. When you play the same card over and over, it loses it's punch. If your goal is humor, you want to keep those things in mind.

Also, not everything I say has to be judged by how much I like Halo. I don't judge games that way, much less anything else. Instead, I judge based on the situation. In this case, we're talking about a movie. So I judge it by it's content. When I watched AC, I was disappointed because I didn't feel like it lived up to it's predecessor. And before you say "They only had 90 minutes!" I don't consider that an excuse. I doubt Nomura gathered up the entire team before they started working on it and say "Ok, we're going to make an FFVII movie, but it can only be an hour and a half long." And even then, I'm sure there are plenty of movies out there with a deep and intriguiging storyline that didn't need 70 hours to pull it off.

All in all though, while I tend not to like when people try to make me look stupid just because I think a certain way, it takes a lot more than that for me to "get out of the kitchen" so to speak.
Last edited by XenoRaven on Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:58 pm

No, but from the recent interviews I've read I've come conclusion that Nomura sat the whole team down and said 'lets do something cool'.

You can't deny that its cool :P

He doesn't seem to believe in deep analysis into stories and more on personality traits so you like the character and then cue random badguys and frankly I glad he didn't pull the usual anime it's AU card.

My 90 minute excuse was that even at 3 hours long we would have complained it was too short :P we wanted another game or so of information, the only thing that disappointed me was that it was clearly a money move not a creators really wanted to go back and finish the story.

Because it was all neatly sown up, they had to rewind the timeline to get the movie to work (498 years earlier), instead of finishing it, they just added more questions, that I hope get rapped up in DoC but I really doubt it.
Last edited by Mik on Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:10 pm

Bogey wrote:It's a little unfair calling cloud an emo pussy, he was afterall schizophrenic. His mind was fucked up, and still was after the game. It would take a lot of time to get over, not just save the world and click it's gone.
Are you trying to give emo pansies an excuse?

Masteroftheweb wrote:And yet when Ic all squall gay, no one takes it for humor. The only reason I push it is becuase of the post Matt threw up a long time ago... and even then we know that was humor.
And in response too waldo

This is where my new choice of username is going to get confusing. Me or Evil Matt?
Last edited by Matt on Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.