DS Lite

Everything from Console, PC & Handheld. This is the place your none On-line Graphic related play things go.
Xanien
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Xanien » Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:27 am

I'm playing Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap at the moment. It's the best Gameboy Zelda game to date. Better than Link to the Past even.

EDIT: And it's a GBA game.
Last edited by Xanien on Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Melana
Distgrunted Hero

Post by Melana » Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:15 am

Yep, I brought a copy of minish cap today.

Joe, Ben and I all have a copy now.

It's addictive.
Xanien
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Xanien » Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:01 am

I'm soooo close to beating it now. However, I still have to find a lot of heart pieces, a Swiftblade guy, and make treasures with a buttload of Kinstones.

Next game to play? That's a toughie. I'm thinking of Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga . . . but Pokemon Emerald and FF2 are still in the mix too. Hmmm. Choices.
Shroomygirl
Solider

Post by Shroomygirl » Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:45 am

Ok yeah...I have an older version of the DS and have gotten way to used to playing games on it...is the newer version easier or harder to play to any of you peeps?
Xanien
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Xanien » Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:20 am

Hey Shroomy, where did you get your avatar and can I have one? My hands sometime cramp up from playing the new system . . . but when you use the stylus it's a little better.
Shroomygirl
Solider

Post by Shroomygirl » Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:06 am

Argggg...I was slightly worried the game playing wouldn't be as much of a breeze on the new as it is the old...think I will stick with the old one, they do say age is better...oh and my OLD ava I got off photobucket.com...in fact look up "Shroomygirl" on that site and it is there.
Melana
Distgrunted Hero

Post by Melana » Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:46 am

I figured that this was the most logical place to put this. But i just found out that Nintendo actually puts PDF's of alot of the games that they make up at this link http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/manuals/index.jsp#game

Probably not valuable to those of you who buy all there games new. But if your ever brought a game second hand with no manual and you want to look at the instructions. It's really quite helpful.

Also Ryan, if you ever wanted to look at the full DS Lite instructions in english it's there as well.

Well that's all for today.

Playing Advance wars atm... and I just found out that if you press select in campaigne mode you can play an 'advanced' mode which is harder which is cool.
The individual description of the games has cheats which I thought was amusing.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:53 pm

you didn't erase the old save game did you?

i thought you had to unlock advanced mode by beating the normal campaign first.
Xanien
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Xanien » Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:34 am

I beat Zelda a while ago, didn't master it . . .

got to the end boss of Metroid Prime Hunters and it continues to rape me so I'm putting that on the shelf for a while ... beat FFI a while back too ...

Working on Pokemon Emerald now. Gotta catch them all.

Love the online FPS action of Metroid btw.
Trigo
Solider

Post by Trigo » Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:11 am

On Metroid Prime Hunters i got to the last boss too damn can't move fast enough to kill him. Not played my DS Lite for a bit mainly play it when away from home.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:33 pm

First off, Minish cap does NOT trump Link to the Past. I found minish cap to be much easier and shorter.

Also, the secret items were way too easy. i finished the game unlocking all the kinstone things and having all but 2 pieces of heart. In Link, i thought the hidden stuff was much harder to find.

Also, i played a port of FF3 ages ago and i definatly recomend it. I'm sure it's been updated since it's a re-release and in 3d, but if it's anything like the original, get it.

FF2 i wasn't such a fan of. Decent game i suppose, but the leveling system just... well... sucked honestly.
Xanien
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Xanien » Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:13 pm

By the way, how do you link games for the GBA on a DS or DS Lite? I'm thinking about trading pokemon and what have you. Is that possible? Or do I need to have the Pokemon XD game for the Gamecube in order to catch them all I wonder?
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:18 pm

you can't link GBA games with a DS.
Xanien
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Xanien » Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:34 am

Sad sad sad . . . so I guess I will be buying the Pokemon XD game to catch them all.

*sigh*
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:21 am

well hang on a min, i only told you the bad news

DS games and GBA games can interact. For example, i have advance wars 1 & 2 for the GBA and also advance wars DS. When you play advance wars DS with either of the GBA games in slot b, it allows you to unlock additional maps. Nintendo may come up with a way to let your DS game packs detect what you've accomplished in your other games and carry over... whatever it is you want to carry over.